FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What graphics program?

Qman
What graphics program does everyone use? I am using Paint Shop Pro 9, but I want to get Photoshop.
Jack_Hammer
Gimp as I use Linux.
_bloodstain
I use Photoshop CS, well I used to until I lost the disc. For the past few days I've been trying Microsoft Picture It! 2002, just until I can get my Photoshop back. Sad
handeyman
However if you are low on cash gimp is amazing for the price, FREE!!!, I also beleive there is a skin or addon for gimp to make it seem like photoshop, I dont remember where to get it though.
Sentenza
Illustrator and Photoshop CS2. =)
helk
Yes the GIMP is amazing. If you can handle the learning curve. Photoshop is SOOO much easier to use. If you can afford it.
duckling
Photoshop CS Smile

but if you're using a program like this first, you can start with paint shop pro Smile it's not as useful as photoshop but you can start editing pictures with it Smile
gonzo
photoshop CS2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Photoshop

http://www.photoshopuser.com/

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/main.html
windrei
for photographs and pictures, i use Adobe Photoshop and illustrator.

and if it's motion graphics, i use After Effects. i wanna get Maya for 3d animation .... but i can't find one easily here....
clip
Adobe Photoshop CS and Macromedia Fire Works (for better raster images for flash) Laughing
jazrt
photo shop CS2
Painter10 Coral
AndyBroke
I use Photoshop cs. That is a great program, but it is to expencive. I also use Paint for simple photo editing.
Kyle
photoshop, friend gave it to me
Aimewitue
i use photoshop 7.01 i never tried the cs version
man4hire78
photoshop cs2
Nick87
Photoshop 7.0 works perfectly. I saw what extras you'll get with CS and CS2 and I really don't think they're worth the money. So PS 7.0 and it's just great.
mae1strom
Photoshop CS and Corel Paintshop Pro 10

Both are excellent programs, but I was wondering if anyone would recommend the upgrade from Photoshop CS to CS2?
byt
photoshop does everything I need, it's pretty easy to use and I got a free copy so suits me fine Laughing
Mrs Lycos
Some Photoshop for photos and effects, some Gimp for windows, and 3dMax for 3d images. (after that i edit some with photoshop) GifGear for animated gif.
todabeat
I've been using Photoshop 6 for about 3-4 years now. I am not a master at it. but i got a pretty good handle
aerialdreams
I'm definitely gonna go with Adobe Photoshop. I have the 7.0 version and have never tried the CS, but it works just fine and I love it to death!!
riv_
Photoshop is fine for editing an existing image.
But if I have to draw something from scratch I use Fireworks. I just find it easier to use, and (as someone said before), better raster images.
But I'm not very good with any of them... yet.
UMBlueMusic
I use Photoshop CS2 and Adobe Illustrator. I'm addicted to their products now; I have PSP but it drives me crazy anytime I try to use it for anything.
eqfan
I use Photoshop
Wynand
I use Paint.
byt
Wynand wrote:
I use Paint.

paint is pants, you need to get something better quick Laughing
SuperMonkey
I use Photoshop CS as well.

I'm looking into getting CS2 at some stage Smile when I have the money.
theo
photoshop
photoimpact
Nicekiwi9
Adobe Photoshop CS is all good, but if u realy wanna get basic use a pencil and pens or even craons and a scanner lol
kenetix
I don't use one now, but a long time ago I used Ulead PhotoImpact 8 and it was very good.
English Rose
I uses PSP 8.
Ity's not as fancy as many programmes but I like it
Cyouz
But the photoshop cd or you can like go borrow your friend's cd...
Alienz
Using photoshop too.
*parakiss
I've been using photoshop...but just installed paint shop pro X.
loserfest
I use Photoshop 7.0 (pfft, who needs CS...), but I only recently got it. I was living off of Microsoft Picture It! and yes, Paint. Shocked
Slammer
I use photoshop 7 not used CS yet, had a wee play with it a while ago i think tho.
waiteck
photoshop cs for me Razz
leftofcenter
Photoshop CS2. But I've used everything from Corel Photo House (or something like that. Whatever it was, it sucked), to Paint Shop Pro 7, to Paintshop Pro 9, to Photoshop Elements 3.0. (In all forms from digital camera bundles, free trials, and borrowed CDs Wink )
Exorcizer
I use Photoshop at work, and GIMP at home! But I kinda like more photoshop Razz
s43ros
Photoshop CS at home and photoshop 6.0 at school. Sometimes fireworks but I don't really like it as much
Billwaa
Ulead PhotoImpact 8, amazing program.
jongoldsz
I use The Gimp.
dac_nip
Macromedia fireworks MX and photoshop. It does a lot of good things when combined to FLASH.
stormybaka
Photoshop CS...
illini319
tried and true: adobe photoshop
some neat illustrative work (for posters and such): deneba canvas
Painshock
well ive been using PSP 7, its all my PC is really good for. but its a great program tho and i wouldnt want it any other way. ive been doing those signature tags for other forums and no ones complained altho im using outdated software LOL!
DizzyThermal
Hehe, I use a lot of paint... Razz

I use Photoshop CS also, but if it is a small change I will use MS Paint Razz
JackLaidlaw
I use macromedia fireworks. I would recommend it to anyone it is easy to use great export options and works well with dreamweaver.
grnsmilie
I use Flash. Even with a graphics tablet, I suck at drawing. Don't have a steady enough hand. But there are a couple of options in Flash that smooth out what I'm doing for my, which makes things a heck of a lot easier. Haven't found any other programs that will do that for me.
Alienz
I only use Photoshop. I think this is a great software.
Blademasters
I use Paint Shop Pro 7 and Photoshop CS2. Both are great. Paint Shop is cheaper and easier but Photoshop is the king.
Slowhand
Afcourse I use Adobe Photoshop and also use Paint Shop Pro. And sometimes I use the Paint.net program (the advantage version of Microsoft Paint).
Blademasters
You can get trials for all the software metioned if I am correct. At least there are trials for Paintshop and Photoshop available at their sites. Also for 3D software like Maya there are trials and learning versions too.
Dragon_fang
I use photoshop CS2...its amazing i love it. I used to use Gimp and for the price (free of course Wink ) its great...but definetly not anywhere as powerful as photoshop.

oh and there is a gimp hack that is made to look like photoshop its called Gimpshop by scott Moscella ( it believe I spelled his last name wrong...sorry) its availible at www.plasticbugs.com. Definetly the way to go if your on a budget. And it will make you familiar with photoshop too. Very Happy