FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Dream Machine

root
This is a watercooled rig I've been working on for the past couple of days. I plan on overclocking my Opty to 3.2 GHz. Let me know what you guys think. The total will be around $3500. I orginally had newegg links to all the parts but I dont want to take the time to code in the links again. This page (w/ links) will be up on my website if I do in fact get one.

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 ATX AMD Motherboard ($245.00)

AMD Opteron 180 Denmark 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor ($825.00) [best processor on the market IMO]

eVGA 256-P2-N529-AX Geforce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card ($579.00) [I decided not to go with the 512 card]

CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 433 (PC 3500) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory ($296.00)

Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 74GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive ($156.00)

SONY White IDE DVD Burner ($61.99)

PC Power & Cooling 510 SLI-PFC ATX12V 510W Power Supply ($219.00)

Lian Li V PC-V2000B PLUS Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case ($265.00)

ViewSonic VX924 Black/Silver 19" 3ms gray-to-gray (avg.); 6ms white-black-white (typ)' LCD Monitor ($349.00)

Eheim 1250 ($70.00)

Black Ice Xtreme II - X - Flow ($59.99)

Danger Den Single 5 1/4" Bay Reservoir ($29.95)

STORM Universal CPU waterblock (~$70.00)

Brass Version MAZE4GPU w/ ramsinks ($68.94)

Danger Den MAZE4 Chipset Block ($38.50)

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound ($5.99)

...90% done, still need tubing and additives
toshlad
It's a good setup.

If you are 15 and A+ cert and Network+ cert then you've a future ahead.

However, I would advise getting some real world experience under your belt if you haven't already. I've been in IT for 18 years and would not employe someone without experience.

Don't get me wrong, with those qualifications under your belt, I'd say you've a real future in IT and won't find it hard to get someone to give you this experience.

I wish you well, you've obviously got a passion for IT.

I hope this helps.
root
I'm working two part time jobs, 1 as a computer administrator for Century 21, and another as a computer administrator for a local business.

That counts for experience =)
Kyle Katarn
Whew, I'm a year older, but I don't have any of that certification. I reckon I probably know most of it, and I'd like to get it someday, but dang are those courses expensive! I do have a lot of experience though, and I'm currently running a server and doing tech support for half of my town, since it's not big enough to warrant an actual computer shop. I love working on them though. You look like you will do well, and you certainly know a good system Smile
root
Thanks. I didn't take any courses for the certs. The only money I paid for them was to take the exam with Prometric. If you have a decent library nearby you should be able to find the books you need to study.
TheGeek
great setup, i would bump up the HDD space though, maybe op for 2?

also, i agree you have a future dude, just keep up the school grades so you can get into a really good school, get some programming under your belt too and it will help you immensly.

im 18, i dont have any certs (workin on oracle cert) and i dont have much experience in the proffesional world with computers, but i sorta run a computer repair business on the side. I mostly do programming though, im not an IT person. I really like programming robots, im on the aerial robotics team at Souther Pollytechnic here and i guess that counts for something...

good luck with everything.

(PS, good idea not going with the 512 card, i heard theyre discontinuing them)
root
Thanks!

I thought about getting an extra HD, but I have a 250 gig external so that will suffice for now.

I know VB, and I'm learning Java atm. As for school grades, I dunno =P