FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Server 2 down (allways)





gnomme
I Want to move my domain to server 1! The server 2 is allways down! everyday!!
Commando_Sondre
gnomme wrote:
I Want to move my domain to server 1! The server 2 is allways down! everyday!!
Well, then haven't you been here for long Wink, I think that this problem won't take so long to fix! (spelling?)
n0obie4life
Sorry, we can't transfer anyone from server 2 to server 1 as server 1 is overloaded.

We are trying to solve the downtime problems on both servers, please be patient with us Wink.
Bondings
We had a lot of problems with the second server lately. It's already getting a bit better now after a lot of changes and the server will hopefully not crash again.
ajvemmen
Well, the site of mine is still down.

Do you now what causes the problems lately ? Is it a matter of attacks or is the hardware not quite compatible anymore?

Keep up the good work Laughing
Mr. McCoy
mine just went down too..


still i think server 2 is great... keep up the good work
Mr. McCoy
now it's runnig perfect again!


Great job, Bondings!!
Bondings
ajvemmen wrote:
Well, the site of mine is still down.

Do you now what causes the problems lately ? Is it a matter of attacks or is the hardware not quite compatible anymore?

Keep up the good work Laughing

All of them actually. It was twice a user, also some problems with a corrupted filesystem/segmentation faults and a few small DoS attacks with a lot of httpd requests like a few minutes ago.
Hobbit
You should take further legal action for those DoS attacks, they did it to a friends game server(lagged us all!)and the guy got in trouble. Cool

Anyways, I've noticed they've been down, hopefully this won't happen as often.
Bondings
Also note that I'm currently working on the second server so there will be and were some short downtimes of a few seconds to half a minute.
sugarbox
Code:
503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.


Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Pray
osiashion
Im having the same response lately Sad

I hope all the problems will be solved soon Smile
Daniel15
Read that response carefully. It says that the server is down either due to maintenance, or capacity problems. But, I think it's back up now.

Bondings, shouldn't Savvis have an anti-DoS shield built into their routers?
Bondings
sugarbox wrote:
Code:
503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.


Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Pray

sugarbox and osiashion, it's a new setting which only allows a certain number of requests per minute from the same ip. I made it now a bit higher. Did you get it while surfing very quickly from one page to the other?
dysturbedstatic
gasp.... i still cant access my site.... been almost a month now....
nam_siddharth
I'm trying to upload database file for phpnuke for two days, but it says that

Quote:
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.


Previously I have successfully installed database file for phpbb.
Bondings
dysturbedstatic wrote:
gasp.... i still cant access my site.... been almost a month now....

http://dysturbed.frih.net/ seems to be working for me.

@nam_siddharth, please post the url of the page that gives that error.
nam_siddharth
When I trying to upload sql file for phpnuke. IE try to open
Code:
http://www.siddharth.frih.net/phpMyAdmin/read_dump.php...

And the process ends with the messege

Quote:
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
NuniPio
Bondings wrote:
sugarbox wrote:
Code:
503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.


Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Pray

sugarbox and osiashion, it's a new setting which only allows a certain number of requests per minute from the same ip. I made it now a bit higher. Did you get it while surfing very quickly from one page to the other?


yep..ive been getting that problem too..i think it was from changing pages quickly..but i dnt think it was that quick
Bondings
nam_siddharth wrote:
http://www.siddharth.frih.net/phpMyAdmin/read_dump.php...

While trying to upload sql file for phpnuke.

Maybe try again. I really have no idea what might have caused this problem.

Nunipio, do you still get that error? I changed the settings about an hour ago. If yes, then I'll change it again. It's not meant to stop real visitors, only attacks of bots.
osiashion
My problem may be related with the number of requests. I have, in the CMS I'm using, a WYSIWYG editor to change the content of my pages. Every time I use it, a set of 20 or 30 little icons has to be sent to my computer and, I supposse, each one in a single request.

Yesterday I was obtaining this message every time I tried to edit the content of an article, so almost for sure is related with this.

I dont know what to do, cause I cannot remove the WYSIWYG editor from the web site and I cannot be blocked every time I edit a content :S
mstreet
I'm just glad that the server is back up and running. I think this is an awesome service and that everyone works hard to keep everything going.
Bondings
osiashion wrote:
Yesterday I was obtaining this message every time I tried to edit the content of an article, so almost for sure is related with this.

Osiashion, you say yesterday, but did you try it today? I changed the settings a bit. Please check it now and see if you still have that problem. If you still can't load the page then I will put it higher till it works. Wink

Everyone else, if you also get that error, please contact me.
osiashion
Bondings wrote:
I changed the settings a bit. Please check it now and see if you still have that problem. If you still can't load the page then I will put it higher till it works. Wink


Although it got a little better, Im still having problems. Ive checked the number of elements that have to be loaded and are more than 50, so I guess this is why I'm having problems with the access and everytime I try to create new content I have to wait some time cause I get blocked for a while.

Sad
osiashion
Definitely, impossible to manager the web!!! Sad Sad

I have to wait some time after getting blocked to edit every single article or create a new one. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Bondings
I now changed it to 500 requests. Hope this works now. Could you please check again now. If you still get that error, then I'll just give up and completely remove it.
KHO
Bondings wrote:
We had a lot of problems with the second server lately. It's already getting a bit better now after a lot of changes and the server will hopefully not crash again.

good enough for me, l wouldn't want to be on server 1 anyway, it comes with too much crap on it, server 2 is just nice and clean, only the necessitys.
osiashion
Bondings wrote:
I now changed it to 500 requests. Hope this works now. Could you please check again now. If you still get that error, then I'll just give up and completely remove it.


Also seems to be good enough for me. Now I'm not having problems anymore. Thank you Bondings, Ive been creating and editing things and everything seems to be ok Very Happy. If I have any other problems, I'll let you know.

By the way.... congratulations for this great support!!. Im impressed how fast you reacted to solve the issue Smile
rvec
I still have the same problem. Firefox tryes to open read_dump.php . I download it but it's an empty php file. Maybe I have to make my sql file smaler and upload it in 2 times. I'll try it now.

edit: No it doesn't work even with only 1 table it starts downloading read_dump.php

another edit: http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php try this
madsencarl
I'm having a spot of trouble with the forums. All other internet pages load nice, fine a quick but the FriHost Forums occasoinally get a timeout error. Sending the data again usually loads it properly, ot's just an annoyance.
squeakypants
just for the record, you could sue them

i think its BS, but recently a kid put on his website for everyone to go to his school's site and press f5 a continuously at the same time so that the server (which has all the grades) would go down. got sued, but still funny as hell. he should be innocent, IMO, since he didn't do anything illegal. It's like me saying on my site to tell a person he's fat, and every day a thousand people tell him he's fat, and he ends up killing himself. Well, not only would I be innocent, but that would also be funny as hell.

Still, you should try to stop the downtime (as I know you are). Please give us more info, as if I can I'd love to help. This is the BEST free hosting site I've seen, and until these recent downtimes, I've had absolutely no problems.
tidruG
squeakypants wrote:
just for the record, you could sue them

i think its BS, but recently a kid put on his website for everyone to go to his school's site and press f5 a continuously at the same time so that the server (which has all the grades) would go down. got sued, but still funny as hell. he should be innocent, IMO, since he didn't do anything illegal. It's like me saying on my site to tell a person he's fat, and every day a thousand people tell him he's fat, and he ends up killing himself. Well, not only would I be innocent, but that would also be funny as hell.

Still, you should try to stop the downtime (as I know you are). Please give us more info, as if I can I'd love to help. This is the BEST free hosting site I've seen, and until these recent downtimes, I've had absolutely no problems.

First things first... the kid who crashed the school server ought to be punished. No matter how much you hate getting your grades, they're still an important part of schooling.

As for suing... well, I'm not too sure about the technicalities, but I'm preety confident you won't get much out of suing us.
Bondings, in the FRIHOST TOS wrote:
To the full extent permissible under the applicable law, Frihost shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from the use or inability to use Frihost services.
However, we are trying to be the most reliable and stable free host on the internet. A system crash or hard disk failure will be very unlikely. You should prevent any possible data loss by making a backup of all important data on our servers

Of course, in the US, from what I know, you can sue anybody for pretty much anything... But Bondings is in Belgium, and you'll probably have to make any charges or fight your case in a Belgian court.
Dragonfly
I've noticed that most of the time the server 2 downtime is around 12:30PM (GMT). So, if you want to work on your site avoid one hour earlier and after around that time so that your work won't effect.

Though these downtime happen often these days, I'm quite satisfied with the service which is absolutely free. Its fast and respond very well even for database driven sites in normal time.
eliasr
every morning from i think 6 am to 1-2 pm (at gmt+1 time) is my site allways down, and the ftp too, but all the other time is it up, is it just over load every day or is it a shut down?
marquis51
eliasr wrote:
every morning from i think 6 am to 1-2 pm (at gmt+1 time) is my site allways down, and the ftp too, but all the other time is it up, is it just over load every day or is it a shut down?


I have also these problems. Either I receive the error:
Cannot find server or the 503 one... and it s permanent since yesterday, which means it is impossible to update or modify anything above two pages in a row.
marquis51
Bondings, morpheus told me to post here in a PM in order you can look at my problem also. It is it seems due to the number of requests since you secured the server with a limited number. Let me know if you can do something for my case Smile
thanks in advance !

EDIT: I m using Dragonfly CMS, and the admin interface loads lots of pictures, I dont know if it s related Smile
EDIT2:the error message I get often:
503
Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Bondings
marquis51 wrote:
Bondings, morpheus told me to post here in a PM in order you can look at my problem also. It is it seems due to the number of requests since you secured the server with a limited number. Let me know if you can do something for my case Smile
thanks in advance !

EDIT: I m using Dragonfly CMS, and the admin interface loads lots of pictures, I dont know if it s related Smile
EDIT2:the error message I get often:
503
Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

There was a small ddos yesterday, so I had to lower the limit. It should *hopefully* be better now. And it didn't really halp much anyway. Do you still get that error now?
marquis51
Well following your post, I tried to upload the page and to click on a link and I had the error yes:
503
Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

thanks for your reactivity but it seems for me it didnt help :s Let me know If I have to make more tests, if I click really really slow like one minute waiting between each click I avoid more this error but like that I cant work properly and test the site functionnalities, plus I m the only user, I dont imagine when the 50 users of the cultural group will log.
Any solution is welcome Smile
n0obie4life
I see your page perfectly without any problems.

Quote:
Page 1 does not exist
[ Home ] [ Go Back ]


It's some photo album I assume.
marquis51
n0obie4life wrote:
I see your page perfectly without any problems.

Quote:
Page 1 does not exist
[ Home ] [ Go Back ]


It's some photo album I assume.


Yes it seems the block is per IP due to too many requests. The problem is when I get to the admin page, there are too many requests probably, he is loading plenty of images and links in a short time and if I click too fast he just blocks.

The error you see is because I deleted a category so no more messages display Smile and no it s not a photo album, the project is to make a website for a cultural group and to expose it s activities to members and other people Smile
osiashion
Mmmm... the problem is always the WYSIWYG editor used by many CMS. It has to download each time around 90 little images, so it makes 90 requests I guess, and that is why the IP address becomes blocked each time you try to use this component.

I had the same problem one month ago after another ddos attack when the admins decided to activate this security policy. After a couple of days, the number of requests per IP was increased and I've never had problems anymore until this morning. I assume that as soon as the admins raise again the number of requests everything will be fine.
Bondings
Yes, I had to lower it, but now I put the maximum number of requests higher than it used to be, so it really should be working, I hope.
marquis51
Hum well if it s the maximum, then I really have a problem with dragonfly or the skin I am using, because whatever I do he loads 70 elements each page so impossible not to get blocked after two-three pages in average.
Bondings
marquis51 wrote:
Hum well if it s the maximum, then I really have a problem with dragonfly or the skin I am using, because whatever I do he loads 70 elements each page so impossible not to get blocked after two-three pages in average.

I just completely removed the protection. However, if we have problems again, I will be forced to use it.
marquis51
Yes ! in fact I noticed a big difference ! yesterday at night Smile thanks a lot, it s much easier to set up the site properly like that. And it is perfectly understandable that you put back the protection if you get problems or attacks. Very Happy
nam_siddharth
again down! Sad
JustaMin
Hmm my site has had intermittant accesibility the last few days too. Works on minute and not the next, definitely sounds like the server is getting overloaded or the simultaneous requests limit needs raising higher still. Sad
wumingsden
Server 2 does keep on going down, sometimes up to an hour or so. phpMyAdmin has also been down alot even when DirectAdmin is working fine.


squeakypants wrote:
just for the record, you could sue them
i think its BS, but recently a kid put on his website for everyone to go to his school's site and press f5 a continuously at the same time so that the server (which has all the grades) would go down. got sued, but still funny as hell. he should be innocent, IMO, since he didn't do anything illegal. It's like me saying on my site to tell a person he's fat, and every day a thousand people tell him he's fat, and he ends up killing himself. Well, not only would I be innocent, but that would also be funny as hell.


I think thats morally wrong, especially thinking that its funny.
Could I ask you this? What about if somebody was being raped and there was people cheering it on? In your opinion are they guilty of rape and should they be punished?

What about if tomorrow you called somebody something and the next day they committed suicide. Is it your fault.

~ It is not punishable by law (in most places) to be at the scene of a rape whilst not taking part nor cheering it on. It is however punishable by law for somebody to cheer it on. ~
Marston
wumingsden wrote:
Server 2 does keep on going down, sometimes up to an hour or so. phpMyAdmin has also been down alot even when DirectAdmin is working fine.


squeakypants wrote:
just for the record, you could sue them
i think its BS, but recently a kid put on his website for everyone to go to his school's site and press f5 a continuously at the same time so that the server (which has all the grades) would go down. got sued, but still funny as hell. he should be innocent, IMO, since he didn't do anything illegal. It's like me saying on my site to tell a person he's fat, and every day a thousand people tell him he's fat, and he ends up killing himself. Well, not only would I be innocent, but that would also be funny as hell.


I think thats morally wrong, especially thinking that its funny.
Could I ask you this? What about if somebody was being raped and there was people cheering it on? In your opinion are they guilty of rape and should they be punished?

What about if tomorrow you called somebody something and the next day they committed suicide. Is it your fault.

~ It is not punishable by law (in most places) to be at the scene of a rape whilst not taking part nor cheering it on. It is however punishable by law for somebody to cheer it on. ~
Actually, the site hasn't been down for 11 days, and 23 minutes, at the time of posting.
Related topics
Is the server down?
Server down?
Server down?
server down again?
Server down?
server down?
database server down?
server down??
Server down again??
Server down again?????
Server Down!!
Server Down
why the server is down
Server down?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.