FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

RAM

jarred89
Hello, I just checked what speed my RAM was and its PC1200U what does the "U" on the end mean?
Alacarde
I think that it is just a Product Identification Number. Probably something that the original creator put in it to identify it to his/her local computers. For instance, something with the product number ADFTY-76-GJKD could just be a Harry Potter book, but it's written that way so that you don't have two same product numbers. Or I could be totally wrong, but that's what I think Very Happy
wrightbros
it probably means
"ULTIMATE" :p
Naif
PC1200? Check again Jarred. It must be PC3200.
knux
no pc 1200 is in some of the OLDER pcs and in some of the baby mobos. also ive seen many laptops using pc numbers near the 1200s before. the u might mean a specific type but most likely its an identifier that its very authentic or is very incompitable with other ram types. i did some research and couldnt find much on google but a heavy search into the matter might find what upgrades can be made.

now on the chance that it might be PC3200 the U might mean ultimate (the manufactuer) or it might be an overclock identifier. whatever the case if its 3200 its good for a while.
Naif
Ok. After doing a google I just found out PC1200 is a RDRAM specification. The reason I said it must be PC3200 was because, when you can of DDR RAM, only PC1600, PC2100, PC2700 and PC3200 comes to mind and similarly for SDRAM, PC66, PC100 and PC133.