FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Chat Bots - Do you trust them?

LostOverThere
Theres a lot of Chat bots, computers talking to people on MSN.
Sometimes I chat to some.
But do you trust them...?

When they ask for info, like how old you are, I just don't feel right giving them info.

What about you...?
Marston
Haha! Like the volvobot!

That thing was hilarious. I would insult it for hours on end... It made me feel like I actually have friends to talk to on MSN.
n0obie4life
Ohh, chat bots, I have 4 on my contact list. But, they don't ask for info (they never did), they seem like fun bots to me, built in games and etc.

If you want a bot that can what i think cuer bordem for a while, try www.bot2k3.com (no, it's a website, then they'll give you a email to add as a normal contact).
jmaneri
never did
Nameless
If a chatbot started asking questions like that I wouldn't answer them (at least, not correctly). The sad thing of the internet is that that chatbot could be zipping away your information to some spambot or something.
soulman
one of my friends got a MSN bot and cheating me like I'm a ten year's old little child....
LostOverThere
Hmmmmmmm.

I only have too, thanks for the link n00bie4life.

I used to have another, I think he was called 'God' or something.

He asked where I lived....Hmmmmmmm

smarterchild@hotmail.com is a great one Smile
What ever happened to VolvoBot?
n0obie4life
I've got SmarterChild too.

encarta@conversagent.com <-- That's a good bot too, it can do maths..search the encyoblodia (yeah, the word is spelt wrongly).
Pablo Diablo
HGey guys, I have no idea what these chat bots are. Are they computer programs that somehow read what you've typed and understand it and say something back?

If so they must have extremely limited resonses right? Like single word or single sentence simple responses?

And why are people talking to them? This is going to be known in the future as the start of human/computer relationships. Who knows when we will have robot comanions to live with, talk to, or even have sex with? (I think the idea was used in that futuristic Tom Cruise/Steven Speilberg movie.. I can't remember what it was called)
paul_indo
Quote:
I used to have another, I think he was called 'God' or something.

He asked where I lived....Hmmmmmmm

Brilliant! That really gave me a good laugh.

But seriously, people actually talk to "ChatBots"?????????

I haven't done internet chat for a few years, too busy, but aren't there enough real people out there looking for someone to chat to?

The fun part of chatting was always the interesting people in all parts of the world. Young and old, male and female, but always with some interesting thoughts and views. How can a chatbot be interesting????

This is wierd...........
LostOverThere
Wow n00bie, thanks.
Now he can do my homework Cool
Well, not really.
MistaKiula
LOL!... well ppl have too much time on their hands ..
lisa33144
I don't talk to any that ask personal information. Haven't you been taught not to give away personal information on the internet? Even if it is a computer that you're talking to, someone must have programmed that program and could be getting that information that you are divulging.
Jack_Hammer
Nameless wrote:
If a chatbot started asking questions like that I wouldn't answer them (at least, not correctly). The sad thing of the internet is that that chatbot could be zipping away your information to some spambot or something.

Most likely already done, your information is freely available on the internet, just to see some people's signitures (Like Sunny's old sig.) which told you your computer build, ISP, IP addy etc. and thats without invading your privicy imagine if someone wanted to get your information you would be vurtualy helpless (Mainly because you use Windows).

[removed image]
blackstripes
why the hell do ppl invent chat bots? it's like... "oh i dont have any friends... how bout i create one to talk to online!"

man... that's worse than buying one of those rubber blow up dolls to have sex with
n0obie4life
For the fun of it. Train their programming skills, help answer questions that are commonly asked Wink.

Also, jack_hammer, I set that picture as my background, LMAO Very Happy
paul_indo
Wow jack_hammer that's a really cool wallpaper.
Did you make it yourself?

I have saved it for my wallpaper too. Hope you don't mind, but I figured that's why you posted it here.
For us to steal. Laughing
torchkeeper
Ooh chat bots! I love them to pieces... i have a site for you to see... yes, it is a website.. it's some kind of bot and you'll talk to him.

http://jabberwacky.com

sometimes they ask for info but I don't give them the correct information. Sometimes I even think if they were really bots.. but to be on the safe side, don't give information. Especially important ones like age, location, contact numbers, et cetera.

i do not have a bot on myu contact list on yahoo but I'd love to have one! Any suggestions where to look?
gonzo
make u[ answers
LostOverThere
lisa33144 wrote:
I don't talk to any that ask personal information. Haven't you been taught not to give away personal information on the internet? Even if it is a computer that you're talking to, someone must have programmed that program and could be getting that information that you are divulging.

I didn't say that...
I don't think anyone did either...
Nicekiwi9
r they really bots or realy nosey ppl that can type realy fast.... Idea
speedlikecy
n0obie4life wrote:
I've got SmarterChild too.

encarta@conversagent.com <-- That's a good bot too, it can do maths..search the encyoblodia (yeah, the word is spelt wrongly).

me too....

is so funny...
know every thing