FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gameboy Advance Micro

Do you think this new Gameboy has any chance of being a hit?
Yes
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
No
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Maybe
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

robbt
Well, heres the thing. Whats the point of bringing out another device for playing the same game format?

The Gameboy Advance Micro is obviously aimed at the PSP market becuase of its form being so similar to it. I doubt if this will be a bit hit since all Nintendo fans have bough the normal Gameoy Advance SP or even the latest DS!

Also if you compare this to the PSP, the looks are worst (personally I dont like the minimal look). The screen is smaller and it doesnt feature dvd playback.

So in conclusion I think nintendo is wasting there time with this device and should be concentrating on making really good games.

What do u think?

mceejaydee
They are wasting there time. No one will buy that itty bitty gameboy. Prolly sell a few thousand micros in a year.
SilverDogg
wow, you are not at all biased while writing that.

please, the micro already IS a hit.

and for your information, it wont sell "a few thousand a year" (thats xboxs mission, especially in japan ;D), since it will sell for about 6 months more, and then no more. this is a limited edition gameboy only.

and wait a minute, the gbam looking like a psp? what the hell does the psp look like then? oh yea, thats right, a gba. WOOPS! didnt notice that huh?

stupid posts -_-
Yjaxygames
It's a bit too late to release it. I mean, the PSP and the Nintendo DS are way better than the Micro.
Mizar
It does not have much sense, since game boy is a portatil console. Why I want one micro?
TeK
It's possible. You know how people like new things Smile.
But personally I wouldn't buy it. I bought the original GBA when it came out, and didn't bother looking at the GBASP. I didn't see the point since they play the same games, and the same goes for the micro.
Monkeydog
I saw it as a stupid idea. It looks hard to play, and there is already two other GBA. The SP at least added good things to the GBA, this just made it smaller. Plus with a DS, the GBA is almost dead.(although, I'd rather play a GBA game on my SP then DS)
cheatonmaps
Ive always thought they were wasting their time. The DS is much better than that, and they already have 2 different versions of a GBA out. I already have an SP, so why would I buy a micro. If i had a choice on which GBA i would buy, it would be the SP still.
SilverDogg
i just have to back to the "gbam looks like psp".

take a look at this page: http://www.dfulmer.com/project/handheld_evolution/

what does the psp look like that came out 16 years ago? thats right! a atari lynx! and a sega gamegear! oh, and a atari lynx 2. and sega nomad!

please dont make me continue ok?
olag
i find it stupid but it's just my opinion.
Yjaxygames
SilverDogg wrote:
i just have to back to the "gbam looks like psp".

take a look at this page: http://www.dfulmer.com/project/handheld_evolution/

what does the psp look like that came out 16 years ago? thats right! a atari lynx! and a sega gamegear! oh, and a atari lynx 2. and sega nomad!

please dont make me continue ok?

Cool site. I didn't knew there were that much handhelds. But most of them are before my time.