FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anime by CLAMP

Watch CLAMP's Anime?
Yes
90%
 90%  [ 9 ]
No
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Quake
Anybody watch their stuff. I think its pretty good. Watched Chobits a little while back, still one of my favorite series to this day. Also watched Tsubasa Chronicle recently that was pretty good too, they left that one pretty open - hope they will release more later. I have told as well that X tv series was really good, but have not had a chance to watch it yet. Plan on changing that pretty soon Cool . Anyway, Does anybody else watch their stuff? Any insights or suggestions? Put a poll in Here for fun too.
aerialdreams
I personally haven't read/seen that many of CLAMP's works, but I adore the ones that I've already seen. Right now I really like Tsubasa RC, although I think the manga is better, the anime is pretty good too. S&S forever!!!!!!! Very Happy
kazoe
well, i worship clamp in my earlier days. And my favorite anime is X/1999. IMO, that's the best series they've ever made especially the TV series. While some other animes drops a quality or two in some of their episode, this one is so consistent in itself. Aside from the trademark excellent illustration fr. Clamp, the story is also good
kuad
Who or what is CLAMP? Some animation studio?
tsukiyuuki
Mostly for kuad, but also for anyone else who comes along and is curious:

CLAMP is one of the most popular manga artist-groups in the manga world. (Note I say "one of" so please no one get offended.) It's made up of four Japanese women-- Nanase Ohkawa, Mokona Apapa, Mick Nekoi, and Satsuki Igarashi-- and they are some of Japan's most prolific manga artists. They have, currently, about 21 titles completed or in progess, and all of them except for, I believe, four (but I'm estimating here) are multi-volume works, with at least six titles that have a minimum of six volumes. Their longest so far, X/1999, has 18 volumes and five chapters, and is not yet complete, and it also has a seven-volume prequel.

Several of their series have been made into anime, most notably Card Captor Sakura, which aired for several years on North American TV as Cardcaptors (and may still be running repeats on some channels). The X/1999 OAV is generally viewed as substandard and not an accurate representation of their work by the fans (18 1/2 volumes in 1.5 hours? What were they thinking?), but the X/1999 series semi-fixed that. If anyone wants a list of manga/anime titles, I can provide that as well. ^^;; *fangirls*

And for everyone else, I think that answers the question of whether or not I read/watch CLAMP. *is a total CLAMP fangirl whose goal in life is to obtain a complete CLAMP manga and anime collection*
Scaramanga
tsukiyuuki wrote:
And for everyone else, I think that answers the question of whether or not I read/watch CLAMP. *is a total CLAMP fangirl whose goal in life is to obtain a complete CLAMP manga and anime collection*

Yes, but do you have a complete CLAMP chess set (CLAMP no Kiseki)? Very Happy

I think I'm only a fan of a few CLAMP properties:
Chobits (the manga being the better of the two)
Angelic Layer (the anime being the better of the two)
xxxHolic (well the manga, as the movie hasn't been released yet)

I just never understood the appeal of CCS or Tsubasa.
tsukiyuuki
I certainly want all of the CLAMP no Kiseki volumes, but as far as I know, there's only a limited number being produced, and they're quite expensive. *cries*

I honestly love everything by CLAMP. I don't know why, and it's not "just because" it's by CLAMP. ^^ *fangirls*
kuad
Thanks for the info tsukiyuuki
tsukiyuuki
No problem, kuad! ^_^ I firmly believe in sharing the love. *fangirls CLAMP*

And Scaramanga Arrow Apparently they're still making/selling even the first volume of CLAMP no Kiseki, which I was unaware of, so now I must go buy it. ^_^
Scaramanga
tsukiyuuki wrote:
And Scaramanga Arrow Apparently they're still making/selling even the first volume of CLAMP no Kiseki, which I was unaware of, so now I must go buy it. ^_^

Yeah I know they're still making them, becuase I don't believe they've (TokyoPop) finished the entire set. In fact, I think we're only up to volume 5 or 6 here (yup, confirmed on Tokyopop's website, next volume [6] isn't due to be released until February.) However, it may become harder and harder to find these, as they were made in limited quantities and only distrubuted to select retailers.
SilverDogg
i voted no, but if there would have been "maybe" as an option i would have chosen that instead.

i think clamp is pretty overrated =/. chobits is ok, but its not the best anime ever. oh well.. everybody have different taste ^_^
tsukiyuuki
Quote:
Yeah I know they're still making them, becuase I don't believe they've (TokyoPop) finished the entire set. In fact, I think we're only up to volume 5 or 6 here (yup, confirmed on Tokyopop's website, next volume [6] isn't due to be released until February.) However, it may become harder and harder to find these, as they were made in limited quantities and only distrubuted to select retailers.

The "limited quantities" part is why I thought the first volumes would no longer be available. ^^;; I knew that they hadn't finished publishing the rest of them, but I thought that the first volume would have been sold out by now.

Unless they're decided to make/sell more than 10,000.
Monkeydog
I've never really seen a whole series of CLAMP's work...just bits and peices of Cardcaptors, X, Chobits etc...
it's okay...I guess...
Scaramanga
tsukiyuuki wrote:
Quote:

The "limited quantities" part is why I thought the first volumes would no longer be available. ^^;; I knew that they hadn't finished publishing the rest of them, but I thought that the first volume would have been sold out by now.

Unless they're decided to make/sell more than 10,000.

No I think the quantities are still fairly limited, but at that price sales have pretty much been limited to die-hard CLAMP collectors/fans, so there's probably still a few floating out there. Although I dread to see what eBay prices will be like when they DO go completely OOP (I remember how much Chobits artboxes - JUST boxes mind you - were, and still are, going for.)
tsukiyuuki
Quote:
Although I dread to see what eBay prices will be like when they DO go completely OOP

*cringes* Oh god. I think I'm going to go hide now. *scurries away*
helk
bishoujo anime is a addiction for me. of which i rate the chobits story very well. (got manga's, 7 DVD's, 3 OSTS - oh did i mention obsession?)

and angelic layer, is well.. good fun. Very Happy (got maybe 5 volumes)
darkdante
yes
well, i worship clamp in my earlier days. And my favorite anime is X/1999. IMO, that's the best series they've ever made especially the TV series. While some other animes drops a quality or two in some of their episode, this one is so consistent in itself. Aside from the trademark excellent illustration fr. Clamp, the story is also good
tsukiyuuki
Yeah, the X TV series is fantastic, though the movie sucked. (18 volumes in an hour and a half, WTF?) I can't wait for them to finish the X manga-- I'm scarily addicted to CLAMP. *has just ordered CLAMP no Kiseki vs. 1 and 2 form tokyopop.com*
MalvagioAddict
Yay, someone likes clamp too. Yes, the X TV Series was better than the movie by a longshot. I mean i supposed it's understandable that you're going to omit a number of things in order to fit it to an hour and a half, and there's not much room for character development as with the series.

The good thing about it is, I saw the movie after I watched the series so while watching it, I've of course managed to fill in the details that was noticebly absent but the art is just as great as the series and a lot more bloody.

I wished the ending was different though.

anyway, I loved clamp from tokyo babylon to X. Is Clamp no Kiseki good. I didn't much care for chobits so I"m a bit wary of clamps other titles.
tsukiyuuki
The world needs more CLAMP fans, I think. ^_^ There can never be too much CLAMP-love.

I thought Chobits was pretty good, though it ended rather fast. The first work, RG Veda, is really interesting. It's based off of Hindu mythology, and I have volume one and can't wait to get volume two. ^^

xxxHolic and Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE are both really good, I think, and they cross over each other, which is kind of fun. ^^ The only bad thing is that they're being published by Del Rey as opposed to TOKYOPOP, so the volumes are a little more expensive than most of CLAMP's stuff, since TOKYOPOP has done all of their previously licensed titles. *sigh*