FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Intel Vs AMD

DecayClan
What do you think is better?and why?I strongly believe that amd is far the best!The only thing that keeps intel alive, is their marketing section.It reminds me of Sparta in ancient Greece.They keep their support with force...Don't be fooled by the fact that they sell a lot more;who wouldn't?Almost most of the companies, are forced to promote all the intel products, and none of the amd.Everyone admits AMD's technological supperiority, but the sales don't increase...I went to the stores a few days ago, just to see them.What did i find out?Most of the stores had ONLY computers with intel CPU's...Even the largest chains of stores, had about 50 different combinations with intel CPU's but only VERY FEW with AMD... I went into one store, and told them that i wanted an AMD cpu...They immediately tried to persuade me, not to buy it!But buy an intel cpu...After i insisted on it, they said 'ok, but we will have toorder it, and it will take a few weeks, but if you buy any intel cpu, you will have immediately, or in a few days'...I finnaly left and ordered it from the internet...The last place, which is still "free".
Rsamaster
Yep ur right all the big name brands have contracts with Intel and so they sell only intel products. Intel can afford this because it's 10 times bigger than AMD and has 10 times the R&D budget.

AMD products is currently better than most Intel products but many ppl haven't even heard of AMD so when buying a computer they'd naturally go for a Intel one. Very Happy
Programmable
Hello Very Happy
As you can see AMD processors are more Stable!
Wink
Intel Inside is a well known Mark as it has a big market!!!!!!

But as a personal opinion i found AMD especially Athlon a really nice Processor, it is more performent and it makes less bugs.

If we compare Puntium with AMD Athlon i vote for Athlon
But it is not all because the second choice wich is AMD Duran(now known by Simpron) is less performant than Intel Puntium 4 HT but better than Intel Celeron wich is really a bad processor!!!!!!!

As a conclusion i think that the best processor is AMD Athlon DualCore wich works like Puntium 4 HT (64 bits) but more efficient and Stable

Thanks Wink
Rsamaster
Programmable wrote:

If we compare Puntium with AMD Athlon i vote for Athlon
But it is not all because the second choice wich is AMD Duran(now known by Simpron) is less performant than Intel Puntium 4 HT but better than Intel Celeron wich is really a bad processor!!!!!!!

Actually I think celeron D is better than the Sempron cause it's newer and has better specs.
Programmable
That's what happens!!! Sad
Last week i was about to buy a new computer
I found an Intel Inside P4HT & a DualCore AMD Athlon!!!

The Athlon is much more expencive!!
I choosed the AMD & then I met a girl who was verry surprised by my choice!!! Rolling Eyes

She thinks that i'm wrong!!!

So the problem is advertissement! Laughing
Programmable
Crying or Very sad
From two years i stopped using Celeron!

I bought a Celeron tree years ago and it was verry bad!!!
It makes alot of bugs and can be halted easyly!!! Wink
hotboy
AMD is good for cheap
intel for quality
clip
it's like windows to mac, windows is as popular as intel, while mac is as better as AMD. or sumthing like that
menhao
this is really interesting, it seems like the comparation of microsoft & google. personally, i think intel's product performs better than amd, better calculation, lower heat and more functions, yet the vital advantages for amd is that amd is much cheaper than intel, and it was made in EU:) so i guess this is a hard decision of which better:P
Alienz
hotboy wrote:
AMD is good for cheap
intel for quality

Agree. For me I am using AMD Wink
digibluez
i have always had intel because i did not pay much attention to such things before,but now as i play a lot and need power im going for a AMD soon as i get the money for it.

BTW did AMD manufacture motherboards too or ami mistaken.
Mizar
AMD is good for me. It's much more economic Very Happy .

Mizar-
man4hire78
Intel works great... AMD works better

intel - applications
amd - gaming
mathiaus
Lets take dual core for example ...
Intel have gone cheap here. They simply have two proccesors on one chip. thats easy but to communicate, they have to got hrough the system bus.
AMD went a little more expensive to include a way of communication between the two proccessors which makes it quicker

Price wise I'm refering to micromart 877 'dual core processing' whereby theres a table stating that you get more power per £ with AMD

And with AMD of course you use less power so thats money, less heat so things are more likely to work and last longet etc etc

As you can see (form my post and avatar) I'm for AMD and against Intel

Intel pays companies to only use their proccessors! Thats why their so big (eg. Dell)
webapp
AMD cheap, reliable, and efficient

Intel Brand, Reliable, and costly...
ainieas
AMD's 64bit processors are hell lot better than the Intel. So I'd always support AMD.
jmaneri
amd = gaming=work intel = work
Boles Roor
digibluez wrote:
i have always had intel because i did not pay much attention to such things before,but now as i play a lot and need power im going for a AMD soon as i get the money for it.

BTW did AMD manufacture motherboards too or ami mistaken.

AMD doesn't manufacture MoBo's. But if you want quality ones look for ASUS or DFI.
seanooi
I prefer AMD over Intel anytime. They go as at an equalvalent speed as intel but uses a lower core frequency, which reduces heat problem, thus causing less heat issues compared to intel's prescott.
mark
Oh my God, AMD's far far better than Intel. I have read in many magazines countess times about the competition between Intel and AMD and that AMD has emerged superior in all the cases.

I am operating a Sempron 64 right now and I read that it has proved superior than most Intel processors except the dual core ones.
Pablo Diablo
I always used intel chips until I switched to the original Athlon a few years ago.

I am not running an Athlon XP 2400+ (I know, it is old news now) and I still love it. I don;t think I'll ever go back to intel unless they somehow beat AMD's ability to have speeds comparable to intel at lesser cost.

BTW, I did notice with all of my AMD chips that they seem to run alot hotter then intel chips, but I've never had a stability problem.
root
AMD is definitely better than Intel, by leaps and bounds. AMDs run cooler, use less voltage, and can overclock alot better. Check out forumz.tomshardware.com for any questions you may have...they are amazing.
mae1strom
I would have to say that overall, the AMD processors are the way to go. The cost and speed of them are reason enough for the switch from Intel.
Jack_Hammer
AMD definatly, even though they rate their processors speed at a lot lower than they are capable of,
AMD wrote:
Industry Leading Performance
In addition to the customer-centric features that clearly position AMD as the multi-core leader, published SPEC benchmarks validate that AMD has a multi-core performance lead over its competitor. Those benchmarks include:

* SPECint® rate2000 – the Dual-Core AMD Opteron processor Model 280 outperforms the dual-core Xeon 2.8GHz processor by 28 percent
* SPECfp® rate2000 – The Dual-Core AMD Opteron processor Model 280 outperforms the dual-core Xeon 2.8GHz processor by 76 percent
* SPECjbb®2005 – The Dual-Core AMD Opteron processor Model 280 outperforms the dual-core Xeon 2.8GHz by 13 percent
shwetanshu
i wud also go for AMD as soon as i get a little more money
ichibanjay
I always root for the underdog, so AMD! and Apple...

Most of the comps in my house are AMD's, except for two, Powerbook and a really old Celeron based comp that is basically a storage computer in the middle of the house.
gonzo
AMD is an intel clone. I'd rather have a stable OS thank you
amusic
I heard that AMD is good for gaming while Intel is good generally but not in gaming. I used to have AMD many years ago and it released a lot of heat and as a result, it spoiled my motherboard. I'm not sure how is AMD now. Maybe they have already got a solution for the over heating problem.
btocakci
clip wrote:
it's like windows to mac, windows is as popular as intel, while mac is as better as AMD. or sumthing like that

I agree. If Intel couldn't gain a charisma like that with ads AMD would be the most popular CPU manufacturer!
hahame
MY CPU IS AMD Athlon(tm)XP 25++

IT WORKS PERFECE
jazrt
I am Athlon all the way.
I have 2 64 Fx processors.
in an Asus motherboard.
And the other is in an M.S. I keo2 motherboard.

I love them.
eday2010
I just bought a new computer not even 2 months ago. It's not the dream machine I wanted, but it's very good. I chose the system with the Intel P4 3Ghz chip rather than the AMD counterpart (AMD Athlon64 3200+ 939). The reason was the factthat my previous computer was an AMD Duron 800/Athlon 900 (upgrade), which I had used for 5 years, and I wanted to see how Intel ran, since I hadn't had a Pentium-based computer since I had a Pentium III in 1999. Back then, I found the PIII to run very hot. This time around, it runs cooler. The AMD was also more expensive Razz.

My next system will probably be an AMD, but I will ahve to see who is producing the better processors at that time, since it will probably be some time from now before I get my dream beast.
zZuiL
AMD is perfect for people who care about graphics and its also cheaper.
Intel is just what is used everywhere, in all businesses. Its widely used and more reliable.

*my POV
cybersa
Both are very good.
But i prefer AMD than Intel.
standready
zZuiL wrote:
Intel is just what is used everywhere, in all businesses. Its widely used and more reliable.

I completely disagree with Intel being more reliable. Intel runs hot and cooks itself which also slows them down. I have and still use (for various projects) one of the very first AMD Athlon's that came off the line.