FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DNS Problems

Sephz0r
I'm having some DNS problems with my webhost, it's being a right bit of *insert something here*.

And they expect me to pay to transfer to your namservers.
Marston
... Er, if you're talking about DNS problems with a host other than FriHost, this post doesn't even belong on the FriHost forums...
Daniel15
Sephz0r wrote:
I'm having some DNS problems with my webhost, it's being a right bit of *insert something here*.

And they expect me to pay to transfer to your namservers.

Do you mean your registrar, or your old web host? Either way, you shouldn't have to pay to change the name servers!
Sephz0r
Yes, my registrar, from what I've read, expects me to pay 15 to transfer my name server -_-

Marston: It is supposed to be here, because it's to do with my frihost account so take your seat and shut your mouth. :]
Daniel15
Sephz0r wrote:
Yes, my registrar, from what I've read, expects me to pay 15 to transfer my name server -_-

That's crazy. Email them asking why they charge that amount. If they still don't give you a good answer, lodge a complaint with ICANN.

Also consider transferring to another registrar. DomainSite.com is only US$6.99 for a 1 year registration.