FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tennis Season Winds Up Again...

Joey2804
Australian Open coming up in January...here's an article from an Aussie news site about a lead in tournament...

Quote:
Lleyton Hewitt will face a difficult path to the final in the Adelaide International, after the official draw was announced this afternoon.

Hewitt faces Jan Hernych in the first round. The pair met at Wimbledon earlier this year, the only time they have played each other, when Hewitt beat the Czech in four sets.

Should Hewitt advance, the possibility of a clash with Aussie rising star Chris Guccione is a major possibility.

Guccione is on the fourth line of the draw and plays German world No.86 Philipp Kohlschreiber in the first round.

Hewitt could then face Scottish sensation Andrew Murray or sixth seed Tomas Berdych if the reigning Australian Open runner-up reaches the third round.

Murray said that he has not really looked that far ahead in the tournament though, but has high hopes for the season ahead.

“This is a very tough tournament and I’ll have to win many matches before there is a chance of playing Hewitt,” he said.

“My goal is to reach the top 20 by the end of the year so I’m hoping to do well early in the season and at the Masters tournaments if that is going to happen.”

Also in Hewitt’s half is Croatian Davis Cup hero Mario Ancic, who is drawn against experienced Frenchman and former Australian Open runner-up Arnaud Clement.

Second seed Dominik Hrbaty begins his campaign for a second Adelaide International against a qualifier but would then play either Vince Spadea or wildcard Mark Philippoussis in the second round.

The tournament begins on Monday at Memorial Drive.