FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hello

Programmable
Happy NewYear
Programmable
My computer starts Showing a blue screen & an error message when i turn it on!!!

I have to restart it 3 times to Get in !!!! Shocked

Can you help? Very Happy
johanfh
Nice. I guess something is wrong Laughing
Could you give SOME info about it? For example: I guess you run Windows, but wich version? Have you done anything (installed a new program, turned off the computer without shutting it down properly or whatsoever) what could have caused this?
Have you managed to boot your pc for a fourth time?
Tell us some more and maybe someone can help.

Note: maybe its just your computer telling 'Happy New Year!' to you...

JohanFH
SoftStag
We really need to know what the error message is to have any chance of helping.

It might be worth opening the case and ensuring that all the cards and memory are properly seated in their slots. It could be that a poor connection is only made good when everything warms up. The best way to do this is to remove each card (graphics, sound, modem, memory, etc.) and put it back in ensuring that there is a good connection, if there is a lot of dust, then ensure this is removed also.
gonzo
hello
aardvark
It may be time to reformat your hard drive and reinstall your OS and software. Make sure you back up everything first - say to DVD if you have a DVD writer. The current issue of Personal Computer World has a good backup program on the cover CD.
SoftStag
aardvark wrote:
It may be time to reformat your hard drive and reinstall your OS and software. Make sure you back up everything first - say to DVD if you have a DVD writer. The current issue of Personal Computer World has a good backup program on the cover CD.

Not sure this is wise, blue screens in XP are often hardware related, reformatting will not help if this is the case.
prongs_386
those screens are usually memory or graphics memory problems, although not restricted to that. try removing gcard and ram cleaning inside of computer and then replug everything. see if that helps, workewd for me once.