FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

do you like the look of my site?

do you like the layout of my site?
yes its purdy!
88%
 88%  [ 32 ]
no it sucks!
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 36

blunty666
hey ppl i jus got the home page of my site up and running havent had time to do anything with it yet but i was just looking for feedback of the look of it all as this is my first website and im still learning flash this is a full flash site btw so if you dont have flash player i dont think you will be able to veiw it but anyway tell me what you think Very Happy

and if any of you have any ideas in ways i could improve it then plz feel free to give me some feedback

http://www.darkfaction.frih.net/
DX-Blog
Ok, several minor things.

The little red arrow on the left, dunno what it's for, but it's kinda annoying the way it works now. It kinda jumps when ya hover it. Instead you should make it like the tabs on the right side, make the entire tab be the link.

The tabs on the right, use another font in it, on the rest you kinda use a static font, looking like something serious and there you suddenly throw in a comic font.

Yet again the tabs on the right:
toon's -> toons
movie's -> movies
new's -> news

Besides that it looks pretty damn nice Smile. From what it gives as a first impression it's nice and clear, if you manage to keep it that way with content added to it it will be a nice site to visit.
blunty666
cheers for the comments dude the annoyin little red arrow is now been binned what it was going to be was a rollover tab that slides out when you hover over it to reveal a music on and off toggle but im trying to save space so i scrapped the whole music idea lol as for the comic font its been that since i made it but found better fonts but it will be chnged to the same font as the headers on the top left i added a few little animations too now like a shine effect on the faction studios logo and the headers plus theres a pre loader and the mech fades in to the box now i just go to add the content wich has also changed and will probably continue to im going to add a part where ppl send in their artwork too and hopefully work on kind of a mini forumn message board but as i said im a begginer at all of this jus sumthing i always wanted to do

cheers again Very Happy
blunty
paul_indo
Well it sure is a good first effort.

Your graphic design is great, Really attractive colours and easy to see your links and everything.

I can't wait to see it when it's finished.
raki_sg
I dont think there is much to review.. you still need to work on it.
What is the 3D intended for ?
I think the graphic for the robot is pretty cool !!.. Did you do it by
yourself what software did you use.

blunty666 wrote:
hey ppl i jus got the home page of my site up and running havent had time to do anything with it yet but i was just looking for feedback of the look of it all as this is my first website and im still learning flash this is a full flash site btw so if you dont have flash player i dont think you will be able to veiw it but anyway tell me what you think Very Happy

and if any of you have any ideas in ways i could improve it then plz feel free to give me some feedback

www.factionstudios.frih.net
DX-Blog
Your 3D design title keeps flashing, the rest ends static. Glad to see you took out that anoying red thing, hehe Razz.

Btw, is it me or aren't the lines completely straight, like on the total left line it seems it's 1px more to the right than the corners go.
Bakusozoku
Change the navigation font..
man4hire78
Cool robot Very Happy
TonkPilz
Good work m8
im a bitt jealous tho... whana be able to make graphics like that
blunty666
thanks for the replies again ppl i changed to font to match the rest of the site wich i said i would i fixed the 3d header from keep flashing lol forgot to tell it to stop Very Happy as for the 3d section its going to be a section on 3d models and modeling such as renders, scenes and game models used in mods im going to post a few of my own workings up to begin with and when i hopefully find out how to script a login and register section, maybe a forumn or message board, or even chat and some way for people to quickly e mail their works to me for m to display in each section the little red arrow may just make a return yet im not sure as the idea i had for it in the first place has some scripting difficulties wich i am still working on

as for the robot or mech design yes i designed it myself i got ideas from difrent artwork sites and sketched it on paper then scanned it in and used the line tool in flash (wich my site is designed in) and filled in an anime style kind of way took me a few hours to complete but it was worth it in the end

thanks for the ideas and comment they are helping me on my way to creating a user freindly site

your friend blunty Very Happy
neomax
Good Work !
blunty666
ok i have updated and played around a little bit more now the robot has moved house lol in to the art section i created a logo for my site wich is just simple really nothing special jus a sketch of a man with a gun i drew ages ago scanned in and blacked out i also added 2 3d roses in to 3d part wich i made last night in a painfully long winded fiddly bit of modeling but my gf said it was lovely so i put a render up in matt shaded and cell shaded let me know what u think Very Happy

and thanks again for the comments Very Happy blunty
blunty666
DX-Blog wrote:
Your 3D design title keeps flashing, the rest ends static. Glad to see you took out that anoying red thing, hehe Razz.

Btw, is it me or aren't the lines completely straight, like on the total left line it seems it's 1px more to the right than the corners go.

i noticed that too dude an i have no bloody idea why its doing it its irritating me even more now you mentioned it doesnt appear that way in flash i zoomed all the way in as far as it can possibly go but it is straight and even the movie files shows up straight but as soon as i import it to the server it appears to be out slightly so it cannot be fixed Sad
DX-Blog
blunty666 wrote:
DX-Blog wrote:

i noticed that too dude an i have no bloody idea why its doing it its irritating me even more now you mentioned it doesnt appear that way in flash i zoomed all the way in as far as it can possibly go but it is straight and even the movie files shows up straight but as soon as i import it to the server it appears to be out slightly so it cannot be fixed Sad

I dunno how you've built up your site, but you could try copying one of the other pages basically and then just adjust the text on it and see whether it still results in the same?
blunty666
its all jus the same page dude no keyframes for the back just 3 layers with 4 frames behind each of the diffrent content keyframes i have tried everything to get rid of it but its only going like that in the browser so its kinda hard to fix somthing you cant see Sad you will just have to cross your eyes a tiny bit to blur it all up so you dnt notice lmao!

does every1 like the new images on the left of each page?

im espacially intrested on ppls opinion of the roses cus it took a while to model just for the site and my gf loves them but im still iffy about them

keep posting ppl i took in every post so far to improve the site to you good peoples tastes Very Happy
DX-Blog
The red rose looks good, the blue one looks crap. The title aint blinking anymore though Razz, guess you fixed it someway Razz.

I don't truly like the image on the front page either, that shaded guy, it looks to blurry.
blunty666
ok ill replace the blue one with another red one and as for the guy he looks all bitty if i dont blur him but he is temporary anyway as im looking for a new filler to go there jus havent got any good ideas yet suggestions will be greatly apreciated an yer i fixed it it was just 1 line of actionscript in the rong place dur tell im a noob in flash Razz
blunty666
dx dude cheers for the rose advice jus replaced the blue one with an unrendered version with the wireframe still on from a diffrent angle an i think it looks way better let me know what u think Very Happy
Torn
It is excellant in my view the colours blend toghter good. But the Text is about to small to read almost. I had to put my face right up to the computer. I like the fact that you already have art work in there which is very good. That shows you are commiting to your work very nicly. But the name Faction Studios reminds me of a Gang or something. But it is good in my opinion. I would give it a 8/10. The colours are sometimes commonly used in my opinion and the text is a tad to small but other than that it is very good.
blunty666
cheers for the comment dude as for the font im not sure what size monitor your veiwing it on cus its fine to me and the faction studios did used to be a gang of ppl that were my mod team but it fell apart from ppl going awol wich was guttin cus we had a great thing going so me an a freind started faction studios in hope to find new talent about a year ago but now he has gone awol too so its jus me going it alone so i decided to remake the site from scratch last week its hard work but i think im getting there
tatorhead
I like it, but be sure to add a pre-loader for each section you can find one on flashkit.com
loosht
You've made a great page I really like it. I've got only a few things what I don't like:

- 90 Rotated menu
- Name of the page? Give a name!

Anyway! It's damn good! Keep on this way...
4v4t4r
Hello to all...
I'm 4v4t4r ... and as they can see ... new... jijiji...
Very good work....

Although I work with swift 3d... jijiji... www.erain.com

Thanks
kamote
Hmm,, Its really slow. Its been 5 mins and its only 13%. So the bad thing maybe is that its too slow. But I like the loading color. Laughing
blunty666
u need a faster conection lol thats really bad time lol its not that big i have a 256 conecton and it loads in like 10 seconds Confused
lockwolf
Very nice, now just finish construction on it and it will be a really sweet site.
AG007
Really nice website. I am also doing a flash site for my website. But I am still working on it.
kamote
yeah,, i know! i have a very slow connection 56k only Sad
Destructino
Some of the text is a little hard to read, but its probably my screen resolution. Very nice job Smile
blunty666
thanx for all the nice comments ppl agin with the text im sorry but it broke and there is no way i can change it now without messing the whole thing up or starting over Sad dnt ask what i dun cus if i knew id fix it

and as for the construction im working on it but progress is slow as i have a full time job and a full time gf lol and i work stooooopid hours but im geting there im currently looking for reliable talented artists/designers to join up with me in to the dark faction mod team to work on some new projects to bring back what was once a gr8 team now its jus lil ole me doin all the work an i want my team back Sad so if your intrested jus mssg me an ill get bk to you Smile
Remzo
I think this site is really unique, and I like it.
Mithrandir
I think your site looks great! I love your artwork as well. I have DSL and it loaded right up for me but I guess it might be troublesome for those with dial up. Keep up the good work.
Dark_Jedi06
Yes, it's very purdy. Razz

I like the compact, streamlined layout. Good job. Very Happy
blunty666
cheers guys Smile im still looking for team members so if you have any artistic talent or hobbies then plz jus ask laters Very Happy
zender
i like the design, but can't see any of your artwork... Confused
sgwreviews
My opinion, the font size is way to small if you are watching it on higher resolutions, maybe you need to change that, otherwise I think your website looks very good.
strfry
Neat, but flash drives me nuts. I wonder if such a layout is possible with standard browser tech?
otaku
Cool Flash.

You need more information on there though. You say it's a work in progress and it shows.

Need more info, Kewl Flash
darkdante
Ok, several minor things.

The little red arrow on the left, dunno what it's for, but it's kinda annoying the way it works now. It kinda jumps when ya hover it. Instead you should make it like the tabs on the right side, make the entire tab be the link.

The tabs on the right, use another font in it, on the rest you kinda use a static font, looking like something serious and there you suddenly throw in a comic font.

Yet again the tabs on the right:
toon's -> toons
movie's -> movies
new's -> news

Besides that it looks pretty damn nice . From what it gives as a first impression it's nice and clear, if you manage to keep it that way with content added to it it will be a nice site to visit.
blunty666
thanks for the comments again ppl i currently have no time at all on my hands but am hoping to free some up soon to get to work on some content still thinking of what to have as the animation side artwork obviously gnna be moving but cant think of any good solid ideas so ideas are more than welcome i managed to script some pretty neat roll over and rollout effects that will be part of the links to the artwork when i finally get round to it so look out for it an tell me what you think laters faction followers Very Happy
blunty666
ok got the rollover buttons working well the spaces anyway not a very amazing effect but its nice i think basically the idea will be that when it fades to blue you cant see it yet but it is transparent and there will be a section of the artwork behind it so when you rollover it it will look like its glowing blue, and hopefully im working on the script for when u rollover an icon the panel on the right hand side inside text will fade in with info on the artist and descriptions of the peice and what not tell me what you think of the idea plz it will be much appreciated

laters peeps blunty Very Happy
blunty666
just a reminder ppl i need artwork to display up on my site so if any of you bodding young artists out there want somthing displaying plz send it to e mail addy on site thankyou in advance! Very Happy
cepher
simple, easy to read, classy. Great!

though, all the shtuff makes it a bit slow.
blunty666
hmm yer i noticed the slowdown on my gf laptop but on mine an other ppls comps it runs smooth think it depends on connection speed or spec tbh dude but ill try get it fixed Smile
blunty666
ok update time ppl :
the new buttons i added are posing a huuuuuuuge problem as in they are hard to make and are all copy an pasted so if i change the url of one they all change plus if i try to make other content fade in with it it breaks and doesnt work at all this means a lot of work so im gnna leave it as it is for now but maybe when i get some content sent to me then there will just be buttons for that content and nothing else cus im gnna have to make one button per peice wich is a lot more work that i hoped for but the final effect will be worth it hopefully if any1 uses flash and knows how i can seperate them so i can assign diff urls to the buttons then i will love you forever

basically its a movie clip with a fade in blue animation the code i use is in the time line on a seperate layer wich is....

stop();

this.onEnterFrame = function(){

if(rewind == true){

prevFrame();

}

}

this.onRollOver = function(){

rewind = false;
play();

}

this.onRollOut = function(){

rewind = true;

}

this.onRelease = function(){

getURL("http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d119/blunty666/addy.jpg");

}

this is saved as one button in my library and i have jus put it on stage multiple times as u can see from the site if i change url all of them change i have tried putting it in another clip with diff names i have tried duplicating it in library under diff names amognst other things so plz plz if u know how i can put diff urls in each one without having to make one seperately for aech url then plz plz tell me cus i been up all night trying to fix it
blunty666
why has every1 stopped posting??? Crying or Very sad
heloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
any1 there???
Sad
blunty666
heloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
any1 there???
Sad
blunty666
any1 there???
Sad
flashmoto
i get an error when i go to your site

Bad Gateway
The following error occurred:
[code=DNS_HOST_NOT_FOUND] The host name was not found during the DNS lookup. Contact your system administrator if the problem is not found by retrying the URL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator.
blunty666
hey ppl sorry the server crashed apparently jus realised new mssg so iv had to upload the site again but it should be bk up and working fine now Smile

http://www.darkfaction.frih.net/
bilham
its a bit empty but still it looks good maybe the font needs to stand out more.
PuNGS
I didn't like the font of the site, I think it's too italic... And I actually found an error on the tabs, if you click the selected tab, it goes to the next one... I don't know if it was intentionally or just an bug.

But you have a nice site there. Congratulations.
mark
Its a great site man! keep it up. However, I suggest you get rid of that flash page. You can achieve greater things with HTML and programming language. Seriously, most people don prefer flash, reckon it takes up too much of their bandwidth!! So, you get me!
Blaster
The words on the side should be a little bigger as it is hard to read.