FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

path of neo

edallica
hey i got this game for christmas. installed it and went to double click on the icon on the desktop and nothing happened. ive heard that this is quite a common problem with the game....does anyone have an idea as to how to fix it?
hodgenpodg
no but honestly you'd probably have better luck trying the game developers website im sure they have some sort of support page where if it is a common problem it will be listed and a fix will probably be shown
Rsamaster
Or you can just search google and maybe some other ppl have got this problem too and see how they solved it.
mele
I fixed my problem with upgrading my video card to radeon 9600. With my old card I had the same problem, I couldn't even open it, maybe you are in the same boat, perhaps your card is outdated.
ForceRun
Yea, the first thing you should try like they said is to google it.

But to fix any game some steps to try are:

Check out GameCopyWorld.com they have a lot of fixs

Try changing the Compatibility, by right clicking on the progarm file or .exe and select Properties, Click on the Compatibility tab and try setting the Compatibility to Windows 2000 or Windows 98. This has work for a lot of problems with games I've had.

Try to image the CD or DVD and mount the image using Daemon Tools and install or play it using that. Sometimes the CD can get messed up, or your drive is funny, most of the time the problem is from the darn game company that uses Right Protection of some kind.

Always there are the game patches and updates.

The game should install regardless of the system(Video Card) that you have unless it has a requirment scaner, but the install program should tell you that. But if you may not be able to play the game.
If the game installs but you can't play it, check your drivers for video, sound, and Motherboard.

Hopefully that will help you some...
edallica
yeah i think that it might be the video card. ive heard that the one i have might be unsupported by the game. still surely during the install there should be something that tells me this!!

ive heard that chagning video card solves this problem. but i dont want to fork out the cash for a new graphics card when i hear people that have way better systems than i have, having the same problems as i am having. i might give it a go, thanks for the help folks!
electric
This aint a funny game at all.. this is a proof for bad movie games..