FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bowling is a "killer" game

glennesau
Quote:
PORTAGE, Mich. - A bowler collapsed and died at a bowling alley shortly after rolling the third perfect game of his life. Ed Lorenz, 69, bowled a 300 Wednesday in his first league game of the night at Airway Lanes.

When the retiree got up to bowl in the fifth frame of his second game, he clutched his chest and fell over, and efforts to revive him failed.

"If he could have written a way to go out, this would be it," said Johnny D Masters, who was bowling with Lorenz.

Friends said Lorenz started bowling in 1957 and ended last season with a 223 average. He rolled his first two 300 games over a one-week period in 2004.

In May, Lorenz was inducted into the Kalamazoo Metro Bowling Association Hall of Fame.

-------Comcast.net strange news

Don't really know how to comment on this one, usually I would have a joke or two, but this is sad. three perfect games and then has a heart attack. And I thought bowling was a leisure activity, not an extreme sport.
Srs2388
maybe he was so excited about his score and it just happened?
ujjeh
How can it be? It doesn't seem about killing. It's not a dangerous game. I have played before. It's not a physical sports.
SFMeatwad
It's called, exhaustion.

He died of exhaustion, that's the way I only see it. I mean, come on, grabbing the chair, apparently, he didn't die of a heart attack, cause he would have died on the WAY to the hospital. His hear just gave out, and he couldn't have gotten excited, cause I bet he bowled better than that before sometime in his life.

God rest his soul, but we shall never know what happened, but my guess is he died of exhaustion, just like that Korean in Korea who died of exhaustion, he didn't sleep for a long time, and that dude probably got really tired and his hear just gave out.

That's how I see it!

Edit: Also, ujeh, using your heart in that game, you know, when you release the ball, if he was left handed, then that's the arm he could have used and that arm connects to the left chest muscle and that is very close to his heart.

Yes, my Mother is a medical professional, I know these things.
glennesau
Quote:
How can it be? It doesn't seem about killing. It's not a dangerous game. I have played before. It's not a physical sports.

If you read the article in the beginning you would see why I say it is a "killer" game. Man dies after bowling a perfect game. it's a pun... some play on words, he he ha ha funny... you know, something to lighten up the article, even though it is a sad one.
UMBlueMusic
SFMeatwad wrote:
His hear just gave out, and he couldn't have gotten excited, cause I bet he bowled better than that before sometime in his life.

Well, actually, 300 is as good as you can get with bowling, so the only other times he'd ever even matched that were the last two. Bowling 300 is a big deal. And I'm pretty sure he was pretty excited about it. My dad likes to bowl a lot, and I know how rediculously excited he was about it when he did it.