FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gary Paulsen and Dan Gutman's books

SFMeatwad
I love Gary Paulsen's survival writing stories. Mostly about a kid, named Brian who crashes in the Canadian wilderness, injured, hungry, and still learning the forest. He returns home after a couple of months, and he returns back in a sequel, called "Brians Return" and simply goes back and survives again, but with more survival needings and his loss of the inner city-boy life.

Check out Gary Paulsen's website!
http://www.randomhouse.com/features/garypaulsen/index.html

Dan Gutman is more of a science fiction writer. His book, "Virtually Perfect" is about a kid with a computer graphics designer for a father and gets this new software to create a "vactor" and soon gets the knowledge and climbs out of the computer screen and causes havoc towards mankind.

Check out Dan Gutman's website!
http://www.dangutman.com

There are more writors out there, and I heard of Harry Potter and all of her novels and books that she wrote. I stopped at the 4th book, cause it got boring and the mischeif of witchcraft and wizardry doesn't exist and many people have been sent to a "phsycopathic institute" for attempting these rediculous "spells."

There you go!

Thanks!
Shrapnel
I do love that book. It has a prefect blend of suspence irony drama scariness and many other features. It is a book you could read in a total of 1 sitting.

The book really makes me think how that could happen to anyone. And brin went through vigrous times to mantain life. Then when he does come home, his life will make him wonder where he is, how anybody can just go buy food, it takes no effort from the human standpoint. We aren't having an issue of feeding ourselfs anymore thats just tooo easy. By for brian that is his life, to feed himself to live

Did the fish eating the captians brain, somewhat gross you out?