FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's the best for page layout? CSS or using Tables?

earth2
I am just beginning to try and learn about page layouts. I've tried a little with tables and a little with CSS. For anyone out there that is an experienced web designer, in your opinion can you use either of these exclusively? Or do you need to use both in order to become good at page layouts? Just curious as I am having a tough time mastering tables and was wondering if I should spend all of this time in understanding how to use them for laying out web pages. I have a couple of WYSIWYG editors but I am trying to learn how to hand code first. Any really good textbooks out there that I should check out?
j.
Summer
lol , both is perfect . You can check out css tutorial written by me. (link in my sig) .
earth2
Thanks! That tutorial should keep me busy for a while. This is awesome that I can get the knowledge to create web pages without guessing what book to buy (that can get real expensive!), or "googling" through website to website only to realize that you haven't learn sh@#! Thanks again.
Summer
No Probs . Thanks for reading .
Marston
I think it depends on what you're doing. If you want to make a really nice aesthetically pleasing layout, go with CSS. If you want to organize reams of complex information, go with tables... Wink
GB
I agree, there is a place for both, however, I would strongly suggest going with CSS as it is far easier for low vision users and others with certain disabilities to access your information. Also, it takes up a lot less space and therefore loads much faster.