FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Whats better? (Legal torrents)

TimsJugling
Whats better? Bit Torrents or U-torrents? The reason what im doing is not illegal is My uncle and ant live 10 hours away from me and we want to share our files. (our Files that we coded) So therefore this is not an illegal activity.

anyways... What do you think would be better. I found that Bit torrents really slow down your computer. Is there any advantage between the two? Confused
pawelsz
You can try bittorrent but it is not the best way. If u have public IP you can try running a password-protected web server or your own ftp (password protected).
Dustin
personally i like Bit Torrents, they are crazy fast
falconfx
I tried Bit-torrents and they work well but are very slow if there are few users sharing the file.
Aiz
As far as I know, utorrent is just another client of the bittorrent family.

If you are asking which client is better, I actually have tried almost all of the clients out there, all except utorrent, which i plan to test out soon. I actually like Azureus the best, and for publishing a tracker for your aunt and uncle to dl off of and vice versa, I believe Azureus have this tracker making tool.

Now, according to a friend who used utorrent, it's like Azureus only it's not a java application and takes less resources. o.o So I guess give utorrent a try.
stiffler
Well, if you are just sharing between 2 people. Whats wrong with a ftp server?

Anyhow, BitComet is my choice in case you care, it is very low on resource usage.
cnnet
Bit-torrents
I prefer to use
jmaneri
ANY WAY I CAN GET MUSIC OR VIDEOS IS FINE WITH ME
whplace
Try Bitlord :

www.bitlord.com

Its the best!
TeK
Aiz wrote:
Yeah it is. Personally I prefer Azureus or BitComet.
root
nachjo chip
i would definately say that microtorrent (µTorrent) is by far the best torrent client around. It has all the features and functionalities you would expect from a good client, and it takes 107KB of space on your computer. No spyware or adware.
man4hire78
Azureus!!
handeyman
TeK wrote:
Aiz wrote:
Yeah it is. Personally I prefer Azureus or BitComet.

Bitcomet is better reason being, is Bitlord is a clone of Bitcomet just with tons of adds.
DX-Blog
utorrent is awesome. Takes up a minimal amount of CPU speed, speed with which it downloads is nice and along with that the program is pretty easy to use.

Bitcomet definately shouldn't be in the list of better clients due to the security risk caused by the DHT bug Wink. Untill they fix that the client is like use on your own risk Razz.
gonzo
http://FileFactory.com
Animal
The only point in using Bit Torrent is that if loads of people share the files, you can download very quickly. Sharing one-to-one completely removes the point of Bit Torrent. You could get an online webspace (or even use your Frihost account) and protect it with a password - then both of you eith the password could access the same files. This would be much faster, and would stop anyone taking your files wihout you wanting them to.
Kyle
bit torrent is better becuase i dont know that the other one is, and with bit torrent you can get anything you want for pretty much free