FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who will win French Open?

gnas
My favourites are Nadal and Roger Federer for men; Maria Sharapova and Sanchez Lorenzo for women. Who will win ?
Anakarune
I think Roger Federer will win the mens =x ladies I"m not really sure who'd win. LoL
aicho
gnas wrote:
My favourites are Nadal and Roger Federer for men; Maria Sharapova and Sanchez Lorenzo for women. Who will win ?

sorry I do not know~ Laughing
edallica
federer is outstanding. everything he does looks precise and exact. its unbelieveable that someone can come back from being down in the first set against baghdatis the way he did.

i really hope that he can go on and will all the majors this year, that would be amaizng!
joshdifabio
Federer is the obvious favourite for the mens' and if she is fit i think that Henin-Hardenne is the favourite for the womens' title. Clijsters also but she's always injured :/.
lyndonray
that is right, clijsters is constantly injured. i am beginning to think she does it on purpose. I would like to see sharapova win. And that's simply because she is nice to look at!! as for the dudes, i want a federer-nadal final and then let best man win.

but then again, it would be cool to see Federer totally dominate this year. but that baghdatis guy really gave him a good scare. but I guess maturity and experience is what really kept him alive. because there were times when it seemed like it was all lost for the swiss. I would also like to see roddick be more competitive. he's always getting knocked out even before his plane lands. what's his damn problem??
skynet
Gasquet... or Nadal... or maybe Nalbvadian... (Federer maybe... but this is not his style.. and it's hard for him play on this style of earth)..

From the womans.. Hanin Harden.. Or Sharapova..
tribe
Andy Rodick of the USA for the men.

MARIA Sharapova for the women.

Each Suffered tough losses in Austrailia and I think these 2 are going to be the best of the game in the next 3 years. Very Happy
vignesh_natraj
My favourite players are Safin and any body against FedEX.
I back Sharapova for her looks and hope Sania Mirza proves a point in Grand Slams
nmpetch
Federer is pretty likely... he's quite dominant. Possibly Henin-Hardenne for the women.
dezavelbank
i'm a tennis freak lols and i hope federer wins rg but there are some new upcoming talents that are very strong. by the women although henin is a belgian like me i'd like to see hingis win again Smile

and doubles men rochus/malisse Very Happy and doubles mixed navratilova/paes
elincinerador
gnas wrote:

federer clay???? no way!!! or nadal or an argentine in men... in women is harder to say... but i also think maria is a hard-cout girl... maybe mauresmo or miskyna
CooCooCachoo
gnas wrote:

I know I am quoting an old post, but I fail to see how you thought Maria Sanchez Lorenzo ever was a favourite for Roland Garros Laughing She is a rather mediocre tennis player and has no real shot at winning a Grand Slam title, EVER.

This year, I think that Rafael Nadal will be the clear favourite for Roland Garros again. Roger might do well, and then there's a gazillion of other talented players who need to prove their shape on the claycourt events coming up in the following weeks. Soon after Miami, the players make a transition to the red dirt, so it should be very interesting to see who will come up as a dark horse, next to Roger & Rafael. James Blake won't deliver on clay, I am sure, nor will players such as Ancic, Ljubicic who rely on faster surfaces.

For the women, it's a completely different story. There is only one favourite and that is Justine Hιnin-Hardenne. On the terre battue, she is THE player to beat. Sharapova on clay is not the most fortunate of combinations, but she is always a tough contender. Dementieva and Myskina, who battled it out in 2004, will not be expected to go far. Clijsters is too injury-prone. Serena and Venus are both out of shape and lack match play. Mauresmo chokes in front of her home crowd. Davenport is useless on clay. The trophy has Juju's name on it, but hopefully there will be a surprise.
CooCooCachoo
dezavelbank wrote:
i'm a tennis freak lols and i hope federer wins rg but there are some new upcoming talents that are very strong. by the women although henin is a belgian like me i'd like to see hingis win again Smile

and doubles men rochus/malisse Very Happy and doubles mixed navratilova/paes

I would absolutely love to see Martina win it, but it will be tough. It would be absolutely awesome if she could finally claim that French Open title, after so many attempts. I still remember, rather painfully, the finals against Graf and, more importantly in my opinion, that against Majoli. The one against Iva Majoli of Croatia was a wasted chance of humungus proportions. I am sure she will still blame herself for not having taken that opportunity. No other player in this era will come as close to taking the Grand Slam [that is to say, all four Grand Slams].

Martina will have a very good shot at a doubles title, though. But I have to hope that Katarina Srebotnik & Shinobu Asagoe take it. Or that Paola Suarez, if she is back, and let's hope she will be, together with Virginia Ruano Pascual rack up another Grand Slam title. They are truly the best team ever and are a delight to watch. Unfortunately, Paola's injuries have seriously hampered their performances the last few years and right now Virginia is meddling on with other partners. She is doing well, but it is just not as smooth a combination with players like Bartoli, as it would be with Paola. If they are both there and both fit, they will be the team to beat.

Rochus / Malisse was a fluke a few years back. They won't win it again.
CooCooCachoo
By the way, I will be there this year! Am looking forward to finally seeing the Chartrier and Lenglen courts up close and to staying in the Bois du Boulogne.

Even though I am a grass court fanatic for life, bring on the red dirt!
mialynavahy
maybe federer or nadal, maybe nadal beacause he wins the last challenge : nadal vs federer (monte carlos), but federer will do everithing to win the french open (will be the first victory in this court), i wanna see hewitt or coria in the last quarter, and safin, why not?
girls : hum henin forever, she is the best , hum sharapova (mouai)