FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

So, now my installation guide thing says that it can't...

DarkGoku
find the file Source/Subs.php but I have it. It won't let me get any farther though. I've tried re-installing it a few times and everything... it just won't work.
Lady Elensar
Installation guide of what? You haven't told what you've done, and what you've installed, or I should say: what you want to install.

But I can't derive/distract (don't know the right word) of Source/Subs.php what you're talking about. Maybe someone else can...
DarkGoku
I'm installing SMF. I've already gone there and asked what's wrong, but they didn't really know. I'm on step three of my installation where it asks me what I want my account to be named, my password, and my database password. I've supplied all of those, but then it comes up with an error form that says it can't find the file. But, when I go into my sources folder, and scroll down, I'm looking right at it.

I went to the edit screen for it, and found out this:

Quote:
This file has all the main functions in it that relate to, well, everything.
n0obie4life
Try re-downlading the SMF package then uploading just that file again Wink
DarkGoku
Doesn't work.
DarkGoku
Okay, so I re-uploaded all of Source and got it to work.
DarkGoku
Now, all my pages are blank.

http://g-room.frih.net/boards/index.php

That's supposed to be the index. I've tried most of my pages, and they end up blank.
DarkGoku
bump
DarkGoku
Now, I've completely given up on SMF.
Lady Elensar
Not everyone is 24 hours a day online.

People can still help you tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, next week, and so on. You only have to be a little bit more patient. Wink
DarkGoku
Lady Elensar wrote:
Not everyone is 24 hours a day online.

People can still help you tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, next week, and so on. You only have to be a little bit more patient. Wink
No, it's not that. It's just to complicated for me.
Daniel15
Make sure you're using SMF 1.0.5 and not SMF 1.1RC1. SMF 1.0.5 is more stable, and SMF 1.1 is only in beta at the moment.

Try uploading all the files again, and then try to install it. Paste the exact error message here.

Anyway, if Sources/Subs.php wasn't there, that's why you would have got that error Wink
Commando_Sondre
DarkGoku wrote:
find the file Source/Subs.php but I have it. It won't let me get any farther though. I've tried re-installing it a few times and everything... it just won't work.
I can innstall it for you!
Daniel15
Commando_Sondre wrote:
DarkGoku wrote:
I can innstall it for you!

I can help you as well Very Happy. I know a lot about installing/editing SMF, and I write SMFShop (your members get credits by posting, and can get items with these credits)