FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PS2 Emulation

bcnhs81
hi guys, i dunno if this is allowed in here.. jst feel free to close this thread if it aint.. just wanna ask a bit of help regarding PS2 emulation.. can you emulate PS2 games using ISO's.. You see, i dont have a dvd drive of sorts so i am using a virtual cd drve.. can i use the ISO of PS2 games to play it in my PC?? thanks...
Revvion
yes you can but you need the own the origenal game and for emulation you need to get an offical bios of the ps2 and downloading one is illegal, meaning you need tools to get it frrom your own ps2.
bcnhs81
thanks for the info buddy..
linkman2004
You also better have one heck of a computer. Although, even at 3ghz your only gonna get around 5fps. Razz
wtfbbq
Google
has the awnsers to all your problems.
netthug
Doesn't it always lol
I thought Emulation was illegal but there you go
gh0stface
Well, as long as you own the original game, you'll be fine. However, I'm not sure about this board.

As long as you don't provide links to emulation sites and roms, I believe it'll be fine. Unless another mod or Bondings proves me wrong.

So keep it legal. Smile
burzum
even if you get the bios blablalba....you need to have a gig of ram or more to play a ps2 game in your pc, and not all the games can be played, few indeed
DJGuardy
I haven't tried it, but once I did go on an emulation site that said they've made a major breakthrough in PC Ps2 Emulation...5FPS IN FINAL FANTASY 10!!!!! OMGROFLLMAOBBQ.......come on, dont go there.
votd
Althrough, they are still working to make emulation even better. Maybe not 4fps, but 6fps and someday... 60fps... but still, our PCs are still too slow for emulating PS2, or as you wish to say, the core of the emulator isn't that good.

As for sure - this topic is 100% legal, because emulating is legal - ex. Zophar's Domain - provides emulators, and it's still not closed - why? because it's legal! Legal until you aren't using hacked or illegal BIOS of the console, or using illegal game copies, whatever if bought or downloaded. And one more thing - talking about emulating ISOs/CD Images are also aren't illegal (and playing them) because you can still own the orginal game, and own the ISO itself. But only if in that situation.
firmawao
It's shitty, it doesn't work for me... Confused Crying or Very sad