FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Uploading Folders using CPanel

ahussain
Can sombody please enlight me on how to upload folder using the file manager in the cpanel
mathiaus
I'd like to know this as well if it's possible which I dont think it is.
The Cpanel help mentions only on how to upload files not folders.

Either stick it in a zip folder and upload then then extract it all or use an ftp client such as smart ftp Smile
n0obie4life
i'm not sure if this will work, cause i never used cpanel to upload files Very Happy.

lets say if you wana upload this folder called "i like my folder" and inside there is alot of files, and one of them is called "i love my folder.php"

then you go to upload files.

go into that folder and click on i love my folder.php .

then it will appear in one of the blanks.

so it will be somethingl ike this

C:\i like my folder\i love my folder.php (which is impossible Very Happy)

you just remove the "\i love my folder.php" and try.
ahussain
Didnt work I tried
n0obie4life
ahussain wrote:
Didnt work I tried

then you'll have to use an FTP program.

the other way is to

create a folder with that name. go into that folder you created on the webpanel then upload the files 1 by 1.
foggy
You should try it with a zip folder like mathiaus eluded to. Just zip up the files you want in the folder, upload the .zip file with cpanel, click on the zip folder and choose something to the effect of "extract".

Yeah, either that or FTP.
n0obie4life
foggy wrote:
You should try it with a zip folder like mathiaus eluded to. Just zip up the files you want in the folder, upload the .zip file with cpanel, click on the zip folder and choose something to the effect of "extract".

yes that works.
i just extracted my backup Rolling Eyes
ahussain
Well forget cause i found out how to do it using frontpage

The problem was i got an error connecting through FTP

Frontpage works pretty well though
Texas Al
How about moving folders from one directory to another in cPanel? Anybody know how? As far as I know there isn't a 'compress directory' command on there, so are you just stuck moving it one file at a time, or is there an easier way?
mOrpheuS
Texas Al wrote:
How about moving folders from one directory to another in cPanel? Anybody know how? As far as I know there isn't a 'compress directory' command on there, so are you just stuck moving it one file at a time, or is there an easier way?

You can indeed move whole folders from within cPanel filemanager.

remember, click on the folder icon to navigate inside it, and click on it's name to get the manipulation options.

as you see, when you click on the folder name, you get a list of options, one of which is "move this folder".
when you click this option, a navigation tree appears (on the left pane).
Here again, click the folder icon to navigate, folder name to select.
now just navigate to the destination folder and click on it's folder name to move the selected file/folder inside it.

hope it helps.
Wink