FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Intra site search...

PatTheGreat42
I'm writing a website, and I was hoping to add a search functionality to the site without resorting to linking people to Google. So does anyone out there have a relatively simple solution for searching a small website?

I'm not in control of the server, but I do have all the standard stuff for web hosting, such as PHP. Although this is probably a lot harder than I think it is, any help would be appreciated. I'm also trying to avoid setting up a file by hand with a bunch of keywords, or anything of the sort. Thanks!
Aelita
i CAN LOOK INTO IT for you, but currently I don't know how... Unless you want a MySQL type search i can do that if that's what you're looking for.
shabda
If you want to have search, why not use a cms like joomla, mambo etc? They have built in searches, which will be a lot better than what you may manage yourself.
And I dotnt think there is any way you can have a full site search without resorting to my sql at least for medium to large sites.
PatTheGreat42
Hum.

If it's that hard, I won't bother. I already wrote up a quick little search that plugs the search terms into a Google URL. I guess that'll do. Thanks anyways.