FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do I chmod to 777?

DarkGoku
I need to know so that I can finish installing SMF on my site...
Yjaxygames
Same question here. I need to know to install PhpBB.
DarkGoku
Okay, I got past that.

You have to select the files, and then type 777 in the "Set permissions" box.
matt87
Ya, its pretty simple. Either connect with ftp using an ftp program or you can even connect using your internet explorer. Right-click on the folder you want to set chmod 777. Choose properties or set permissions. Then check all the boxes and then the folder will be set to 777. You can also chmod files if you need using the same process.
Metaguy
On an ftp client, find the file,left click it and choose set permissions. This applies to most clients.
Sephz0r
If you're using SmartFTP (downloadable at download.com for free) you can set permissions for them all at once.
n0obie4life
Go to your FTP Program, right click on the file//folder you need to CHMOD, then press "File Attributes" and type in 777.

That one is based on Filezilla.
Yjaxygames
I didn't have a FTP program Sad I'm downloading SmartFTP now. I Hope it works. Thanks.
CatBox
Also you could try filezilla. Really nice and fully open source ftp program.
osiashion
One question related to the change of permisions, is it possible to change recursively all the permisions within a forlder using Direct Admin?
(I mean, if the permision you apply to a folder can be automatically inherited by all files and subfolders contained within it)

Thanks.
Daniel15
osiashion wrote:
One question related to the change of permisions, is it possible to change recursively all the permisions within a forlder using Direct Admin?
(I mean, if the permision you apply to a folder can be automatically inherited by all files and subfolders contained within it)

Thanks.

No, I don't think so. I haven't seen that feature a lot... It's really useful, but unfortunately, very rarely implemented.

Some FTP programs implement it, but not many.
cnnet
my site is on firhost.net
I don't need change the file
when I change
it couldn't work
123456aaa
in the ftp use right click change cmd then to set 777
n0obie4life
I'm sure the user's question has been answered by now.

DarkGoku, if your question hasn't been answered, please PM me, I'll reopen the topic for you.

-close-