FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Quantum Trickery - Einstein's Strangest Theory [Quote]

siphoon
"The New York Times is running an interesting story on Einstein's strangest theory. The theory was brought to light this past fall when 'scientists announced that they had put a half dozen beryllium atoms into a "cat state." [...] These atoms were each spinning clockwise and counterclockwise at the same time.' It is an interesting writeup for even the uninitiated and also concentrates on Einsteins role as a 'founder and critic of quantum theory.'"

Here is the link in details: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/27/science/27eins.html?pagewanted=1&incamp=article_popular
jawker
Quite an interesting post my friend. It was really great reading scinetific topics again.. Keep on posting my friend. Thanks.
toughtrio
I donot understand the quantum well. I have read several interviews but really cannot understand them. I'd be great of you if you'd explain it to me. I donot understand how a single atom can move clock and anti at the same time.

Warm Regards,
RA
"Spinning" of atoms is only a way of describing something in human terms which, as far as we know, may not even be comprehensible by humans. Nobody has ever actually observed an atom spinning.

You could just as easily say it is something like the atom's color; that is, the atom is both blue and green at the same time.
a.Bird
RA wrote:
"Spinning" of atoms is only a way of describing something in human terms which, as far as we know, may not even be comprehensible by humans. Nobody has ever actually observed an atom spinning.

You could just as easily say it is something like the atom's color; that is, the atom is both blue and green at the same time.

So in this sense, how do scientists observe it to say whether or not it really is characteristic of two polar personalities. In other words, what is it that scientists can see or touch or taste, etc., to tell them that the atom is doing this? I have not devoted my life to this, but I'm sure there's some explanation that could correlate it to the basic principles of life of a non-scientist such as myself.

Anyways this was a very interesting read. Thank you.