FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

addon domains / rndc: connect failed

gonzo
Because the addon domain is for a game with my friends and friends of friends I've not listed the actual domain name. I have PM'd it to Bondings.

Code:
Addon Domain Additions

The subdomain, z-addondomain.be-less-bored.frihost.net has been added.

Nameserver ips for addondomain.afraid.org are: 216.32.68.250,216.32.68.254 Bind reconfiguring on host using rndc Error reconfiguring bind on host: rndc: connect failed: connection refused
Created DNS entry for addondomain.afraid.org

Setup Mail forward addondomain.afraid.org -> z-addondomain.be-less-bored.frihost.net
Setup addondomain.afraid.org OK
Adding httpd.conf entry for addondomain.afraid.org to point to z-addondomain.be-less-bored.frihost.net
Syncing Ftp Databases....Done

addondomain.afraid.org has been setup. It can be accessed via the subdomain z-addondomain.be-less-bored.frihost.net. FTP access has been granted with the username z-addondomain and the password ##############.

Digging info on the addon domain reveals the records already have the correct information. I've created three records: one A and two NS. The latter point to ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net respectively. This is not a propogation issue as I can add afraid.org domains to other cPanel hosts within minutes of creating them at afraid.

Because of
Quote:
rndc: connect failed: connection refused
I rather doubt there are now DNS entries on frihost.net for addondomain.afraid.org because the subdomain is be-less-bored.frihost.net does not resolve either.

The simple solution I think is to have someone with access to WHM for frihost.net add the DNS entries manually Smile But that still leaves the question: does the addon domains feature work at all?

thanks

edit: could this be part of the problem:

http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=frihost.net

Quote:
ERROR: Your nameservers report glue that is different from what the parent servers report. This will cause DNS servers to get confused; some may go to the IP provided by the parent servers, while others may get to the ones provided by your authoritative DNS servers. Problem record(s) are:

ns2.frihost.net.:
Parent server (m.gtld-servers.net) says A record is 216.32.68.254, but
authoritative DNS server (216.32.68.250) says it is 216.32.68.251
ns2.frihost.net.:
Parent server (m.gtld-servers.net) says A record is 216.32.68.254, but
authoritative DNS server (216.32.68.254) says it is 216.32.68.251
Bondings
First of all, your domain is working now. Very Happy

The error you get is common. I get it all the time and I really don't know why. The domains do show up after some time, so it's not really something to worry about. But I'm trying to resolve it at the moment.
Bondings
Yup, it's solved now. You should be able to add an addon domain without errors now.