FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Webposition

vignesh_natraj
I found a software Webposition which can submit your sie to a number of search engines.It can also list the rank of your site depending on the keywords.Tell me more about such softwares
Daniel15
This isn't really classified as Web Hosting support. Moved to 'Site Advertisement and SEO' forum.
shabda
These days you donot need to submit to search engines. They crawl and find you. So such softwares are pretty useless.
Soltair
I think it depends. Search engines do search for your website, but there are chances you do not get noticed, especially if the number of links towards your website is low or worse, inexistant. By submiting, you make sure you've made all you could do to be listed. Wink
Bondings
There are only three search engines(msn, google and yahoo) which may give you traffic. It takes a few minutes to submit your website to all three of them. That's definately cheaper than paying 150-400$ for it. Search engines also don't like automatic submissions, so those might not even work.

Just get as many links as possible from popular websites. These links will help your rankings and will get you immediately crawled.
shabda
And if you cant get even one decent link to your site, ahem, you shoud work more on your site. Not submit them.
But there is one file which I think should be submitted, the sitemap to google.
DX-Blog
As far as Google, it doesn't even add you anymore if you submit your URL yourself. You have to get linked to by another site already listed and that's it, if that's not the case the google bot will never visit you.

MSN and Yahoo I don't know about, but I thought they have a similar thing going on with adding sites to them.