FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ripping music from ps2 game

snakeyes37
I have a question, I dont know if what I'm asking is against the rules or not, I apologize for it but I have to know.

Is it possible to rip music from a ps2 game? After searching google, its looking like it cant happen.

Thanks.
dragonflame
why not just research the title of the song, then look for that?
snakeyes37
Well, because the songs I'm looking for are only instramental and have no title, its just kind of like background music.
Sephz0r
Well, good thing I saw this topic.

I have the program, and its legal to rip the music. Send me a PM and I can send you it at some point.
jeffleo
It's interesting that someone actually made a program to rip music from a PS2 CD lol. I thought they would sell the game's soundtrack seperately.
Josso
I'm sure there's an easy way to do it... I remember doing it with some songs from Tony Hawks a while back. The PS2 lead... (well my one anyway) splits off to left, right, and video before being put into a scart thing. Maybe get a phono to mini-jack converter and plug into your mic socket on your pc. The easiest way I can think of doing it.
Dustin
use some sort of voice recorder, or most MP3 players nowadays have a line in feature, that would work too
jeffleo
Wouldn't the sound quality be low then?
dragonflame
Sephz0r wrote:
Well, good thing I saw this topic.

I have the program, and its legal to rip the music. Send me a PM and I can send you it at some point.

hey can you send it to me too? if theres a url, pls pm it to me. (assuming some admin doesnt disapprove)
votd
http://zophar.net - a site with tons of emulators and rom-hacking tools. It's 100% legal, so admins won't remove it and I won't lose my points - there are NO roms, only tools. Search it fully, there are many tools and ripped game music (in PSF2)
cheatonmaps
i agree with the emulators and roms.