FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to protect your (phpnuke(platinum)) site/community best?

pacslim
*I dunno if this thread is rightly placed if not please remove it*

What i wanted to know is what can u do to secure ur phpnuke (platinum) site better or even how to secure a normal site on a frihost server better.
so all people who know about protection hollah at me here with a reply all i did for now on my site is install a module called phpnuke sentinel which replaced the protector module phpnuke has for default as security for every phpnuke project peace hope u can help me because them last days it seems like alotta hackers were trying to hack my site thanks allready ...

peace

Wink Arrow
Dragonfly
There are ways to make your site secure. The simplest form is to keep all your files chmod to 644 and folders to just 755. Don't keep your files and specially the configuration file to 777.

And for phpnuke particular version I think you will be able to get more helps from the support sites like nukcops and others.
srijit
i think there is a service called sentinel for phpnuke, but i dont think thats free. why dont you look at other CMS's..... most people are going away from phpnuke....
try http://cmsmatrix.org for a better idea Smile
n0obie4life
IMO, keeping your version of phpnuke up to date is the best Wink. Nothing much you need to do Wink
pacslim
thanks for all the advice so u'll think sentinal and having latest updates is enough ? please hollah if not and thanks again to all who repleid

1 luv

Wink Arrow keep that advice and suggestions coming ...