FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cutenews just isn't working for me :(

Roxie
UGHH! I'm so frustrated! I can do HTML, CSS but I can't work CUTENEWS!!! I've read everything but my web host just doesn't build up to it (and it supports PHP and MySQL). I've read the README file and even tutorials but it just doesn't work! Sad Help?
mathiaus
Are you hosted here? What errors are you getting and what is the url of the page you've tried it on?
foggy
We're going to need more details to be able to properly diagnose your problem and offer a way of fixing it. Such as: how isn't is working? (what is happening?), any error messages? what have you tried already to fix the problem?

edit: mathiaus' post wasn't there when I started typing my reply, that's why it seems like I'm asking the same questions.
mathiaus: lol. I was just a little quicker!
Laz
Alright, This is able to be fixed.
When you edit your cutenews template you dont need to put
Quote:

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
Content
</body>
</html>

All you need is your content like
Quote:

<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpading="0" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" style="border-collapse: collapse">
<tr bgcolor="#ff0000">
<td>Title: <b>{title}</b></td>
<td>Date Posted: <b>{date}</b></td>
</tr>
</table>
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpading="0" border="0">
<tr bgcolor="#fff000">
<td>{short-story}</td>
</tr>
</table>
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpading="0" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" style="border-collapse: collapse">
<tr bgcolor="#ff0000">
<td>Author: {author}</td>
<td>Comments: [com-link]{comments-num}[/com-link]</td>
</tr>
</table>

There is a simple but good layout of course change the <tr bgcolor="#ff0000"> to the colors that match your tempalte but yeah.
Any way with the style sheet dont put it in your cutenews tempalte put it in your pages.