FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DVNT
Ok this is just a bit of curiosity but how long are you classified as a new member or does it depend on points? Confused Not that I want to create any false impressions just wondering what the order of rank is here. Is there any reason to lend more thought to advice form a senior member than a newbie? Rolling Eyes
thanks for your input
dvnt
Question
Animal
Your member status is based on the number of posts you've made, not your points. If a member's status is "senior member" that only means they've posted more than some others - it doesn't mean they know what they're talking about. If you're looking for serious technical advice, it may be a good idea to look at the member's other posts - if they've posted a lot in the jokes section, or not many computer support posts, it's less likely they have much computer experience. You do this by viewing their profile and clicking on the link to the member's other posts. If you look at a "junior member's" posts and find they're almost exclusively computer or other technical support posts, it's more likely they know more about computers.

Likewise, if you look in a discussion thread an seven junior members tell you to do one thing and one senior member tells you to do another, the junior members are most likely to be correct. I'd always recommend getting second opinions on critical support questions - remember that Google is your friend!
christophage
I was wondering pretty much the same thing...Thanks for voicing my question. Also how do I upload a song to be hosted? Thanks for the help.
xorcist
Also go to http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-14966.html and it will tell you the Ranks Criteria and what rank you get when you reach a certain ammount of post's.