FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which FAST Server

dxhunter
Which fast server ? frihost.net or frih.net ? I have 512 kps connection and download file maxiumum 30 k. Sad
Daniel15
dxhunter wrote:
Which fast server ? frihost.net or frih.net ? I have 512 kps connection and download file maxiumum 30 k. Sad

They're both on a 10Mb/s port, so you should have no speed troubles at all. The only think slowing down the servers is the CPU Load, but that is usually a lot lower now.

I've got a 1.5Mb/s (1500Kb/s) ADSL connection, and downloads from the FriHost servers max out my connection (~165KB/s)
dxhunter
Ok Tnc nice answer but i have one qustions again Laughing I see cpanel bulletin board phpbb 2.17 ? why 2.17 phpbb forum has new version 2.18 ??? possible upgrade this ?
engeland
it is possible to upgrade phpbb forum to 2.18.
if your using cpanel, it is available in fantastico.
or try going to phpbb.com to check how to update Smile
Bondings
It's quite a big update to do it manually, but it's possible and takes 2-4 hours.
Daniel15
Bondings wrote:
It's quite a big update to do it manually, but it's possible and takes 2-4 hours.

Seriously?!? No wonder why lots of phpBB forums get hacked!
They don't have an automatic update tool, do they?

SMF = Only one click to upgrade Very Happy
n0obie4life
Oh, SMF, an exploitless system Rolling Eyes. We all hail SMF.

phpBB 2.0.18 was a bugfix version, and neither do I recommend using Fantastico to update it if your phpBB is modded.
dxhunter
Bondings Tnx I see Fantastico/PhpBB 2.18 but I see CGI Scripts/Bulletin Board PhpBB 2.17 write 2.17 ? (phpBB 2.0.17 Setup)
n0obie4life
Fantastico is more updated than the CGI one Wink
Dragonfly
I do not know which site/server is faster but I'm quite satisfied being hosted at frihost.net... in fact, it is very fast...