FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

System Requirements

xorcist
In order to play F.E.A.R I need these Minimum Requirements I know I dont have them because when I try to play it it just goes to a blank screen. The Minimum Requirements are

•Windows(R) XP, x64 or 2000 with latest service pack installed
•DirectX(R) 9.0c August Edition (Included) or higher
•Pentium(R) 4 1.7 GHz or equivalent processor
•512MB RAM or more
•64MB GeForce(TM) 4 Ti or Radeon(R) 9000 video card
•Monitor that can display in 4:3 aspect ratio
•5.0 GB free hard drive space for installation
•Additional hard drive space for a swap files and saved game files
•4x CD-ROM drive (DVD-ROM drive for Director’s Edition)
•16-bit DirectX(R) 9.0 compliant sound card with support for EAX(TM) 2.0

I know that I have most of these things but how do you check to make sure you have some of these t hings like the Monitor that can display 4:3 and 4 1.7 GHz things like that Can someone help me please Smile
Animal
All monitors can display 4:3 and 16:9 - they will just show black boxes at the top and bottom of the screen.

You can check basic computer properties like amount of RAM and CPU Type/Speed by right-clicking on the "My Computer" icon on your desktop and hitting "Properties". This will display your CPU and RAM details.

You can find out more about your graphics card by hitting START > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL and selecting the "Display Properties" option. Go to SETTINGS then ADVANCED and you should have details about your graphics card, such as memory etc.

You can check your hard-disk's free space by going into My Computer and right-clicking on the drive and selecting PROPERTIES.

The fact you just get a black screen is odd - you should try updating drivers for your video card and sound card, and get FreeRAM XP Pro to clear out your RAM before you start playing. This may help, but since your computer doesn't have the system requirements, it's no guarantee that it'll work.
grantmaster
Quote:
•Pentium(R) 4 1.7 GHz or equivalent processor
•512MB RAM or more

Pentium4 1.7ghz (not the newest but pretty fast)
512MB ram ( might need to put some more in)

right click on "My Computer", go to Properties, and it will tell you what these are...

Graphics card info usually comes up when you start the computer, first thing on the screen, or you can get it in control panel, system...
KHO
http://gameadvisor.futuremark.com/gameadvisor/service/
there ya go
Pikokola
well well about your PC system, you could simply run the DX Diag, just type "dxdiag" in the run box (Start>Run) then ok/enter, you could see almost all of them there Very Happy
SoftStag
The fact that you are getting a blank screen, would suggest that the graphics card is not up to the requirements. If you are not familiar with finding the info that has been suggested above, then you can always ask the vendor of your computer. They should be able to confirm if you have the necessary specification, and if not what is letting it down, and what can be done about it.

Hope this helps Smile
Naif
To get detailed information about the hardware installed inside your system, use PC Wizard 2006 or Everest Home Edition.
Sephz0r
Some of the advice I could offer is:

- Go to "Start" > "Run" > Type "dxdiag" and hit enter
Run these tests.

- Download benchmarking software to check your computer's stats.

Or, if you know what you're doing, open up your case and check out the components.
djclue917
You might want to also post your system specifications so that we would be able to compare it with the minimum system requirements of that certain game. I think that even if you do not meet a game's minimum requirements, it could still work and be playable, however, with a decrease in the game's performance. Just check if all drivers are installed properly and then run certain tests like those found in the Direct X Diagnostic Tool (dxdiag).

I hope that helps...