FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How much Bandwidth/Transfer does Google Use???

whoa
Does anyone know how much Bandwidth/Transfer Google Uses?
dragonflame
why would you want to concern yourself with that?
Silence
You mean the Google banners implemented in your site? I don't know how much bandwith they need but I'm pretty sure it's very low.
Silence
You mean the Google banners implemented in your site? I don't know how much bandwith they need but I'm pretty sure it's very low.
Wd_removed
dragonflame wrote:

Maybe its something that just interests him, It would interest me. To load the google site is virtually no bandwidth used, its the sheer number of those that are using google all the time.
whoa
Welliottdude wrote:
dragonflame wrote:

Maybe its something that just interests him, It would interest me. To load the google site is virtually no bandwidth used, its the sheer number of those that are using google all the time.

Yes, it does interest me. And I'm not refering to AdWords, or other banners placed on my site, Im questioning how muct Bandwidth or Transfer Google's servers must handle every Day/Week/Month.

It must be HUGE!!!

Can you imagine how many people visit Google per Day, I myself visit it multiple times per day, I also have it set as my Homepage, so every time I start my browser - another Hit to google, Then there's other Google Applications like;
Google Talk
Google Earth
Google Accelrator
Blogger
GMail
All of these running on there Servers, Using up there Bandwdth and Space. Infact GMail allows 2GB of storage : 2GB : That's alot of space if you conider the fact that there are millions of Gmail accounts, Probaly virtual Hosting. But imagine the cost os all that storage and speed, they must have warehouses of servers.
Daniel15
Google have almost 70 datacentres around the world. In these data centres are over 100,000 servers! Well, when you think about it, they've got a cached copy of every single site the spiders go to. That's a LOT of pages Very Happy

Their bandwidth usage must be HUGE!!!
Xcelerate
I would think that with the hundreds of thousands of people accessing Google simultaneously, their servers must have a high load.
NuniPio
daniel15 wrote:
Google have almost 70 datacentres around the world. In these data centres are over 100,000 servers! Well, when you think about it, they've got a cached copy of every single site the spiders go to. That's a LOT of pages Very Happy

Their bandwidth usage must be HUGE!!!

dayum..das alot!! i wanda if tha future of frihost can beat that.. Think
dragonflame
maybe if we donated more instead of leeching off the free service lol Smile
KHO
Quick, everyone hit the ads like 500+ times!!! MORE SERVERS!!!!
Neutral
FriBogdan
[qoute] their servers must have a high load.[/qoute]. I'm very very sure that the google servers are at a very low load. At high load u have a juge lag and the search will be extremely delayed. Look at the yahoo servers and u will see the difference. I never ever use yahoo for my search because it is very slow...the servers are at a high load and the page load's slow, even if the search is done fast...i can't wait untill the page is opened Sad