FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Microphone issues

TheNEC
I just got a samson USB mic, and i can record, listen to the playback, and then hear what I said, but i cannot listen to myself talk into the microphone as i speak, does anyone know whats wrong with this?
comp615
Under sound properties AKA Volume panel...try to uncheck the mute microphone box under Mic if you have it. USB mic's often show up other places...in volue control go to options then properties...and change the mixer device to samsung mic or whatever. Try seeing if you can adjust anything under playback.
Animal
Comp615 is absolutely correct - unmuting the "microphone" option in the Volume Control section will allow you to hear the microphone input back through your speakers or headset. This could, however, cause problems with feedback - if the microphone picks up it's own output, you'll get terrible screeching noises, and it could seriously disrupt any voice communication through VoIP or online gaming for example. By all means, experiment with it, but if you encounter problems, this could be the cause.