FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MESSAGE BOARD??

DVNT
Hi all

Can anyone explain to me how to attach a message board to my site. I am thinkin of something like this forum but very very small in comparison. If you could picture trying to explain it to a 5 year old then that is the kind of explanation that I am looking for here. Embarassed
My site is not up yet, so is it possible to do using dreamweaver or Frontpage or is it a seperate app? Shocked
Ok, any help would be much appreciated....and I really mean ANY help. Besides you earn points for replying don't you so it isn't really pro bono...
thanks
DVNT
Confused
Deji
1) go to http://www.whateveryoursiteis.frihost.net/cpanel/

2) Log in with your FTP username and password (will have been messaged to you when you where accepted)

3)Scroll Down Till You find "Fantastico" (it has a big blue happy face)

4)Click "Fantastico"

5) there will be a section called

Discussion Boards
phpBB2
SMF

Click on "phpbb2"

6)Press "New Installation (2.0.1Cool "

7) Fill out the information.

7.1) in directory put "fourm" (without the " ")
7.2) make sure you remember your admin password and username so you can make changes to your forums.
7.3) Enter your website name and description.

then press "install phpbb2"

and thats you done. good luck ^_^
Jeremy
you can download a phpbb forum at the site below

http://www.phpbb.com/downloads.php
Deji
(you can download it but its much easyer (if you ahve cpanel hosting) to just use fantastico. ^^:
xorcist
Since I see that you using Direct Admin and your on the secound server click on this link http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19192 and it will tell you step by step on how to install one.
darknesscloud
www.invisionfree.com then just link it to the forums
DVNT
Thanks all
I wish I could get this kind of a speedy answer to all of my real life problems, but I guess that things just work better on the Net where people aren't bound by their personal power retention struggles and seem to take pleasure out of showing you just how much you need their help...lol.
Thanks again and Happy new year.
DVNT
Razz
DVNT
Ok thanks all
Now I get to the stage where I have to install the php but everytime I click on the install/install.php file via file manager in directadmin it brings up a garbled page with the correct header but the rest looks like source code.
Is it ok to try open the install file from in directadmin? is there another way to do it.
thanks in advance
dvnt
Laughing