FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Star Wars vs Star Trek :Movies

Nicekiwi9
Star wars or any of the Star Trek series?

Which is better?

Rolling Eyes i like em both Wink altho star trek TOS, i think sucks.... and so dose star wars episode 3
thiamshui
Star Wars rulez the galaxy!
hahame
sorry ,i do not know these movies.may be u can post some pics about then
Cassiowt
I am moored in the two series, but with certainty Star Wars he is best, What Gerge Lucas I obtained was incrivel, it created a new universe total, it was skillful at the time where in it we tinhamos excellent directors, and if all to add to this the extended universe, HQs, Books, etc.. I finished to read the triologi of Thimoty Zanh, fantastic I am alone oque I remain me to say.
johnisenglish
Although neither is all that realistic, my biggest turn off from Star Wars is that it treads VERY heavily in the fantasy realm. Much of the story is based on "The Force" and all the magic things that people can do with it. Although Star Trek does dabble in that direction from time to time, at least they make an honest effort to have some scientific foundation behind their stories and plot devices.

Ofcouse, this is a problem that any science fiction story has to some extent. The term science fiction is itself a bit of an oxymoron...
Nicekiwi9
Nicekiwi9
Nicekiwi9

[/img]
clip
i like all star wars movies. they have a unique kick in it!

as for star trek, IMHO, well it saks!
Ohsakm
This is a very easy question, all people know that Stars Wars films are better than Star Trek. Very Happy
Cassiowt
Johnisenglish, you this certainty when Star Wars IS VERY says that heavily in the fantasy in relation the force, and is accurately this that differentiates it of the remaining portion of other scientific fictions, this operates-faro-west, that Geroge Lucas wanted to create in a "universe long time go".
KHO
hey l liked episode 3 Neutral
And l do kinda like Star Trek, but, Star Wars is just way cooler!
hanay
Star Wars, hands down.
David_Pardy
I'm not really a huge fan of Star Wars, I've gotten over it to be honest.

I can't stand Star Trek. It's so boring.
bruiser
honestly, i havent watched either, but im leaning towards star wars coz gimpy off undergrads likes them, plus u get those ewok things/creatures.. they just sound cool
johnisenglish
Cassiowt wrote:
Johnisenglish, you this certainty when Star Wars IS VERY says that heavily in the fantasy in relation the force, and is accurately this that differentiates it of the remaining portion of other scientific fictions, this operates-faro-west, that Geroge Lucas wanted to create in a "universe long time go".

Huh? I'm guess that you're trying to say that Star Wars is different from other sci-fi stories in that it heavily uses fantasy driven devices? Although I'd venture to say that there's really a very wide range of such usage of fantasy topics in sci-fi, going from "the force" in Star Wars to characters being brought back from the dead in Babylon 5 to the powers of the spice in Dune, that usage in and of itself does not make a story stronger or weaker. I didn't address that in my first post and you make a good point in bringing it up.

I suppose what I meant to say was that I personally enjoy sci-fi stories that at least try to stay in line with what is reasonably possible; for me the tend to be more interesting and captivating. 2001: A Space Odyssey is a good example of that, but it's certainly not for everyone.

That issue aside, however, I think that as far as the movies go, the origional Star Wars movies are better films, but that's because they're designed to be just films, whereas the Star Trek movies are extensions of series, and as a result fundamentally different. It's really apples and oranges.

Either way, episodes 1 - 3, imo, were almost entirelly poorly written and directed crap. The character development was a joke, and the special effects were over used to the point that a jedi fighting a four armed lightsaber weilding cyborg while riding on the back of a giant lizard somehow become boring. Special effects are best used to make the story more vivid and convicing, not make up for a lack of depth.
eqfan
i like Star wars ,no reason,i like it Smile
n0obie4life
Moved to movies & television. Please post in the correct forum next time.
Nicekiwi9
opps...
ee82hl
I personal preference would be starwars.. Especially the recent eposide 3. I can still remember the first time i watch starwars when i am only like 10yrs old i think.

I hope they will continue the starwars story....starwars 7??

that would be good.
Cassiowt
johnisenglish wrote:
Cassiowt wrote:

Huh? I'm guess that you're trying to say that Star Wars is different from other sci-fi stories in that it heavily uses fantasy driven devices? Although I'd venture to say that there's really a very wide range of such usage of fantasy topics in sci-fi, going from "the force" in Star Wars to characters being brought back from the dead in Babylon 5 to the powers of the spice in Dune, that usage in and of itself does not make a story stronger or weaker. I didn't address that in my first post and you make a good point in bringing it up.

I suppose what I meant to say was that I personally enjoy sci-fi stories that at least try to stay in line with what is reasonably possible; for me the tend to be more interesting and captivating. 2001: A Space Odyssey is a good example of that, but it's certainly not for everyone.

That issue aside, however, I think that as far as the movies go, the origional Star Wars movies are better films, but that's because they're designed to be just films, whereas the Star Trek movies are extensions of series, and as a result fundamentally different. It's really apples and oranges.

Either way, episodes 1 - 3, imo, were almost entirelly poorly written and directed crap. The character development was a joke, and the special effects were over used to the point that a jedi fighting a four armed lightsaber weilding cyborg while riding on the back of a giant lizard somehow become boring. Special effects are best used to make the story more vivid and convicing, not make up for a lack of depth.

johnisenglish,
You have reason when compare episodes I, II and III, with the IV, V and VI. The Fiction of the originals (IV, V and VI), is much more exciting, mainly to place they at its time.

I am one gotten passionate for fiction literature, I love Isaac Asimov, and the episodes of the decada one of 80 very remember the discretions to me of the planetary Inter trips told by Asimov in the Foundation, really Classic. Already the new episodes are very good, but the excess of technology of the effect special reduced a little glamour of history, but I believe that it does not have one gotten passionate for Star Wars that was not touched in the end when Anakin if transforms into Darth Vader.

" Abraços ".

P.s. Babilon 5 (and Farscape) is admirable, but I do not obtain to compare it it Star Wars.
theerawate
StarWar has many thing you can found .
Goverment , good man like jedi , bad man like sith .
How to be a good man (luke) , how to be a bad man (anakin) , and end point of both man .
Big plan of sith lord to rule the galaxy .
And many thing .
That can teach many thing to children .

I thing StarWar better than Star Trek , with many reason.
Ivory Keys
Of course that's Star Wars. The whole world around it is great, intelligent and could be reality.
Ioana
...Star Wars is mutch better.
blu3bird
star wars, definately