FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


dose your brain stop when u sneeze?






dose your brain stop when u sneeze?
yes
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
no
76%
 76%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 25

Nicekiwi9
dose your brain stop when u sneeze?

someone on here sed it dose, "every functon of the human body stops" when u sneeze

so is this realy tru, my argument was that if every functon stops, then ur brain must stop, there for theres nothing to tell ur heart to restart,

also to the idea that ur eyes close when u sneeze, if ur eye mussles stop, your eyes wll remain open, u use a mussle to close your eyes.... Rolling Eyes Cool
QwertyManiac
Its a kinda interlinked thing.. ur body focusses on releasing the sneeze before continuing anything and u quickly sneeze out. (does a sneeze last an eternity Confused)

Same way, we cant breathe nor open/control our eyes when we yawn ! ! !

I think its an interlinked function in our brains due to which all these occur Very Happy
Nicekiwi9
but, my eyes stay open wheneva i yawn or sneeze..... Confused Question
windrei
i just wonder how can i know whether my brian stops or not.....

what are the symptoms ??
Nicekiwi9
instant death Razz , so going by the idea that ur brain stops when u sneeze, i must have died a few thousand times over the past few weeks.... and i never knew.... quite sad really Crying or Very sad
davmcmul
Nicekiwi9 wrote:
"every functon of the human body stops"


emm, maybe i'm just weird, but that's definitely not true for me, for yawning or for sneezing. hey, look at that, i just yawned while typing! and i know i've sneezed while at the same time, writing an essay. no stop or break whatsoever....


maybe i'm just weird.....
DarkAngel
I don't think your body stops functioning when you sneeze. I dunno, it just sounds weird.

Nicekiwi9 wrote:
but, my eyes stay open wheneva i yawn or sneeze..... Confused Question

I heard that if you open your eyes when you sneeze, your eyes would pop out. Confused It's probably not true, though.
Jeremy
No, your brain does not stop when you sneeze. A lot of people think that because when you sneeze it is a lot of Gs. I was told your heart stops when you sneeze that why you say bless you after someone sneezes. People also think if you sneeze with your eyes open they come out, or something like that. Because when you sneeze your eyes are almost always closed. I don't think anyone really knows what happens when you sneeze, just a sneeze is very powerful.
clip
yeah, your body won't stop if you sneeze. if so, then everytime you sneeze, you'll pass out and fall to the ground without noticing it. lolx! Laughing
Jack_Hammer
Quote:
when you sneeze, all of your bodily functions stop

Believe it or not, every function in your body stops when you sneeze - even your heart. Yes, your heart actually stops for a split second when you sneeze.


Quote:
A sneeze can exceed the speed of 100 mph and when you sneeze, all bodily functions
stop, even the heart.


Quote:
When you sneeze, all your bodily functions stop even your heart.


Quote:
When you sneeze, all bodily functions stop, even your heart!


Personally I have looked into or reasearched the affects of when you sneeze, though I'm not sure whether your brain counts as a fuction more of an organ (The heart - Function beating would stop, but it doesn't mean the heart dies), I'm sure the brain would just not send any signals, whilst you sneezing, not that the brain would switch off at all,
David_Pardy
Umm... Saying the heart stops beating while you sneeze for 'a split second' is silly. Your heart isn't beating 'constantly', meaning every single instant. Your heart rate could be anything from 60 beats a minute to 180 beats a minute - it is more than likely that you can sneeze BETWEEN heartbeats, this doesn't mean that your heart has STOPPED.

If you BRAIN stopped functioning during a sneeze, you would black out, your nerves would stop working, you wouldn't hear or feel anything and you would most likely collapse. Therefore, your brain does NOT stop.

Being a person touched by that lovely condition called Hayfever, I am very experienced in the art of sneezing and I have NEVER been able to sneeze with my eyes open as much as I have tried.
thegamecreator
nothing stops when you sneeze but your eyes cause they shut but thats not stopping.
Nicekiwi9
thegamecreator wrote:
nothing stops when you sneeze but your eyes cause they shut but thats not stopping.
my eyes dont shut when i sneeze Smile and im vbery proud of that.... it mean i can see to aviod/aim for hitting ppl lol, also i LOVE your signature Jack_Hammer Very Happy Very Happy
bruiser
i heard somewhere that if u sneeze hard enough with yours eyes open, they may pop out Razz .. im not sure how true it is
supersonic
Well it depends on how you look at things. The heart stops when you sneez. So if you think that heart allows all other body functions to work than yes, but if you think that the heart is just a seperate section that is important to the body than no. Me I think that if the heart stops for just a second then it won't affect other parts of the body. Think about it during a sneez. lol
Shade of Blue
I think everyone on the board should test the eyepopping theory themselves, then report their findings back in the form of a poll.
Razz


But on a more serious note, I doubt your eyes would really pop out if you sneezed with them open, although it would probably hurt a lot...
And if they did pop out, you could probably put them back anyway. Wink

I doubt anything negative really happens when you sneeze (as far as heart or brain stoppage goes), although you can pull muscles and rupture blood vessels and the like (I think).

Anyway, I've never died....
Cool
rark
if it did then you wouldnt remember that u sneezed. so think about it, you actually remember about it so therefore the brain DOES NOT stop.
David_Pardy
I know it's a sin to quote myself, but I'm doing it anyway:

Quote:

Umm... Saying the heart stops beating while you sneeze for 'a split second' is silly. Your heart isn't beating 'constantly', meaning every single instant. Your heart rate could be anything from 60 beats a minute to 180 beats a minute - it is more than likely that you can sneeze BETWEEN heartbeats, this doesn't mean that your heart has STOPPED.

If you BRAIN stopped functioning during a sneeze, you would black out, your nerves would stop working, you wouldn't hear or feel anything and you would most likely collapse. Therefore, your brain does NOT stop.

Being a person touched by that lovely condition called Hayfever, I am very experienced in the art of sneezing and I have NEVER been able to sneeze with my eyes open as much as I have tried.


Neither your brain or your heart stops functioning when you sneeze. It's an illogical old wives tale.
Nameless
You can yawn while doing anything else, nothing specials happens when you yawn.

You can not sneeze with your eyes open. That is all.
Nicekiwi9
dose anyone sneez somtimes when its a brigfht day nd they look @ the sunn....? coz mayb thats y some pplz eyes close..... "to stop ur eyes flying into the sun" or somw other.... sillyness
David_Pardy
People have been known to have a sneeze triggered by a sudden bright light.

My guess is that would be the reaction of the eyes squinting 'tickles' something inside the nose, causing you to sneeze. Seems logical enough to me.
Nicekiwi9
very, i must say....
leftofcenter
Quote:
but, my eyes stay open wheneva i yawn or sneeze.....


I guess that rules out the old wive's tale about your eyeballs popping out if you keep your eyes open when you sneeze... Confused
Exorcizer
I'll say no, since I close my eyes when I sneez lol Razz ... But, maybe my brain do stop! Um, thats quite a challenging question... Confused
bazranz
[quote="Jeremy"] I was told your heart stops when you sneeze that why you say bless you after someone sneezes. quote]

I believe the practice of saying bless you after a sneeze goes back to the days when plagues were rampant throughout Europe, and a sneeze was one of the symptoms.

The childrens nursery rhyme 'Ring-a-ring-of-roses' also originated for similar reasons.
albert
If my brain stops ,
then I will go up to the heaven. Laughing

So , I won't let my brain stops SO EARLY.
I'm STILL YOUNG! Rolling Eyes
gonzo
Nicekiwi9 wrote:
dose your brain stop when u sneeze? Cool


If its violence enough it might rip neural connections appart. That's very unlikely. But more likely if your sneeze backs your head into the path of blades on a spinnging fan.
Arno van Lumig
At the moment I sneeze I stop thinking about the thing I thought about before, and that can be kinda irritating if you're talking to someone and then forget what you wanted to say Sad
gonzo
what? are you over 70?
SunburnedCactus
gonzo wrote:
what? are you over 70?


I call it a "senior moment" Very Happy
abs123
hi. i'm from sweden, and maybe i can help you ! Smile and i trying to get a better ending on this subject and its story... haha Smile

it is not so good to stop a sneeze that is already running. The man sneezes is because the body tries to dispose of unwanted items (junk) so it is foolish to stop them because then stops the debris left in the body. A sneeze can send particles around as fast as 165km / h, and you know yourself that if the pressures are forced to go somewhere else, so it will not be good.

Usually sticking pressure in this case through the ears, but it can be harmful to the ear drum. Have you then much wax in the ears that clog, so it is possible that it goes straight to the brain instead and destroy certain essential parts of the brain


i'm quite lonely right now, therefore i have to answer the doubt... i hope you find what you're looking for.. and by the way good night !

ohh shit almost 3 a.m... have work to do tomorrow also :'(
ankitdatashn
Brain can stop when one in dead but certainly not if you sneeze, com'mon that's certainly not possible, not in any way!
hamza1122
I heard that it's your heart that stops when you sneeze.
deanhills
Could be as simple that we just stop breathing for that moment that we are sneezing. I'm almost certain it is not more complicated than that?
Bluedoll
Yeah, it is your heart that is suppose to do a hickup not your brain which is controlling your body's functions. Stopping, I think is way over exaggerated a way of explaining something but the experience is rather interruptive isn't it . I can see trying to stop uncontrolable sneezes that go on for long periods but obivously sneezes are happening for a reason so stands to reason to just let a sneeze happen.
Twotone
If your brain controls everything why would it signal you to sneeze if it knows it's gonna stop itself .

just a thought.
natilovesmike
no, I don't think your brain stops..that would not be very good.

who said that anyway?
Related topics
Doctors Jokes
Chavez: U.S. will 'bite the dust' if it invades
What would u do if u are sleepy?
Indigo Prophecy or Fahrenheit
falling in love
Help my organization with your ideas
girlfriend won't let me join the navy...
What are your thoughts on gay marriage?
Brain/Head Transplant. The possibilities?
Battlefield2
The War on Smoking
Radical Muslims - When will they stop?
Ever got into fights?
Friend tried to kiss me last night... what should I do?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.