FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


5 posts only..?





n0obie4life
hmm, other forums need 25 posts or more..

why not increase ours to 10?
Maka
Hmmm, I have noticed other free hosts require 10 posts to, but maybe a downside, it could produce more spam rather then 5 quality posts, lets see what bondings has to say.
blackant
hmm...I think it is ok for now, as we can attract more members in joining.
I was looking around for a free hosting, and I would try to avoid posting for free hosting.

but this site only require 5 post, hence I stop and take the offer. Wink
n0obie4life
blackant wrote:
hmm...I think it is ok for now, as we can attract more members in joining.
I was looking around for a free hosting, and I would try to avoid posting for free hosting.

but this site only require 5 post, hence I stop and take the offer. Wink


haha...

i used to think that forum posting hosts suck Razz, cause i thought i can't be bothered to post in them..

who knows, an admin from another website introed me to frihost.com..i just wanted to give it a try, and i couldn't stop posting Very Happy. its just like an habit coming here everyday.
taron
so quality post hahahahah?????? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
meangurl
the 5 posts before applying actually attracted me... and i realize that this forum is actually successful and great to hang out with. although i don't seem to post as often as i could, i always visit this forum just to hang out. if it was 10 posts then i would have gone searching for another. good thing i've stumbled into this free hosting service and get to know some great people.
mathiaus
same here. masses of bandwidth and low levels of posts required. Great combination to attract people and it seems to be working Very Happy
meangurl
mathiaus wrote:
same here. masses of bandwidth and low levels of posts required. Great combination to attract people and it seems to be working Very Happy


yeah and his strategy to have an organized forum seems to be working too, with the points, 2 points limit per post, cut-off to 45 points at the end of the day and so on... so far, the only post for host hosting who knows how to deal with spammers.
Bondings
meangurl wrote:

yeah and his strategy to have an organized forum seems to be working too, with the points, 2 points limit per post, cut-off to 45 points at the end of the day and so on... so far, the only post for host hosting who knows how to deal with spammers.


Thank you! Dancing

I don't think that I'll change it to 10 or more posts in the future. The main purpose is to keep everyone active on the forum and at the moment it works, so why change it?
The difference between someone who posts 5 messages and then leaves and someone who posts 10 messages and leaves, is not very big.
homer09001
blackant wrote:
hmm...I think it is ok for now, as we can attract more members in joining.
I was looking around for a free hosting, and I would try to avoid posting for free hosting.

but this site only require 5 post, hence I stop and take the offer. Wink


hes got a good point put it this way if there was a host identical to frihost offered teh exact same but asked for 10 posts not 5 which 1 would you be interested in?
gonzo
>> hmm, other forums need 25 posts or more..
>> why not increase ours to 10?

Because that's trapdoor style lameness.

"Sorry your hosting application was denied for lame reason #7" (but thanks for wasting your time contributing to our community)


// rant off
Maka
gonzo wrote:
>> hmm, other forums need 25 posts or more..
>> why not increase ours to 10?

Because that's trapdoor style lameness.

"Sorry your hosting application was denied for lame reason #7" (but thanks for wasting your time contributing to our community)


// rant off


If they bothered to read the rules and followed them they would get hosting.
tricker
5 post seem very few,but u should post continous to keep your point nagative.it means u should post regularly monthly~
gamego
I think 5 is great.
.::idealist::.
5 to 10 , 20, 50 and more ? I think 5 quality posts is very good system to test new users. For example, if it's limited to 20 posts, some new members (specially users that don't understand rules) may post more spam to get their account quickly so that means the forums may go to a very bad way !!!
Related topics
question abt posts/mth
FAQ : Pourquoi réclame t'on 5 posts pour demander mon accès
Can't start building my web even that I posted 5 posts..HELP
Posting Guidelines / Guidelines to Make Quality Posts
why 5 posts?
How can I post 5 quality posts to get the free webhosting
A minimum of 5 posts is required before requesting hosting
What Posts mean
5 posts
5 posts
More posts for hosting
Hostingquestion
What's 5 quality posts ?
5 posts rule
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> Suggestions

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.