FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does anyone believe that the U.S. is a corrupt government?

OnlyOneLife
The U.S. is so curropt it's not even funny.

I'd take more time to do research on why the govenment is corrupt, but i'm way to lazy to do that.

1st, spy on it's own citizens? What happened to the consitution? --- Out the windown and set on fire. thats what

2nd Spying on other countries, "we never spy on any other country"
The U.S. likes to use denial as one of their favorate tatics to get out of trouble

3rd Sending prisoners to other countries to get torchered and raped.
Again their favorate tatic, we denial.

4th They just about censor everything that they do. We have no clue what the military does, just that it takes up 1/6 of all of our taxes.
They are probabally finding better ways to kill people or countries.

5th Lets invade Iraq, and take thier president.
I'm sure if any country tried to invade the U.S. and take our president, the U.S. would send enough nukes over there to level their entire country. BUT IT's OKAY for the U.S. to do it to other countries.

I'm sure the list of actual things that the U.S. government is doing worng is physically would be a 20,000 billion page document. or a 50 TB word document.

Feel free to add to the list
, this is just stuff I though up, no copied from somewhere.

Somebody can probabally write a much better article than I can. Feel free to do so.
TonkPilz
I have never liked to U.S but now days i cinda hate them Razz noting against the ppl tho but the rest can "#%## and/or #"%&&% #%# Razz
it gone so far that i try not to buy stuff thats made in or typical for the U.s like that spining fork ting ,or USA's steel that SUX anyway (GO FOR SWE STEEL)

But like i say'd noting against the USA's PPL its yous ur government that's totaly #" up

il gues il get e few flames for this but *bha* noting i wont survive
Insanity
OnlyOneLife wrote:
The U.S. is so curropt it's not even funny.

I'd take more time to do research on why the govenment is corrupt, but i'm way to lazy to do that.

1st, spy on it's own citizens? What happened to the consitution? --- Out the windown and set on fire. thats what

2nd Spying on other countries, "we never spy on any other country"
The U.S. likes to use denial as one of their favorate tatics to get out of trouble

3rd Sending prisoners to other countries to get torchered and raped.
Again their favorate tatic, we denial.

4th They just about censor everything that they do. We have no clue what the military does, just that it takes up 1/6 of all of our taxes.
They are probabally finding better ways to kill people or countries.

5th Lets invade Iraq, and take thier president.
I'm sure if any country tried to invade the U.S. and take our president, the U.S. would send enough nukes over there to level their entire country. BUT IT's OKAY for the U.S. to do it to other countries.

I'm sure the list of actual things that the U.S. government is doing worng is physically would be a 20,000 billion page document. or a 50 TB word document.

Feel free to add to the list
, this is just stuff I though up, no copied from somewhere.

Somebody can probabally write a much better article than I can. Feel free to do so.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but to state some points that you might've missed:

1. Yeah it sucks to be spied on but the government probably deemed it necessary for the safety of the country. Sometimes some rights have to be suspended for the good of the country as a whole. Like yeah, the Constitution gives us the freedom of speech, but you can't exactly yell 'Fire!' in a crowded theater can you?

2. Spying is a way of getting information about other countries that might have an urge to attack us. Would you rather go about not knowing about a possible airstrike on your house or would you get some spies to get some warning ahead of time? And yeah they're not going to admit it because what good can come out of it?

3. Assuming you are talking about the Abu Gharib (sp?) incident, then I just want to point out that its is more likely that the government did not condone it and it was just a few soldiers going to far.

4. They do not actually censor everything. A lot of the stuff the government does is public information -- you can just ask and they will give you the info, except in classified areas where they can't release it otherwise some terrorists might get their hands on some secret weapons or something.

5. Well we as a country did not exactly conduct mass killings and torture on our own civilians like Saddam Hussein did, so I suppose it wouldn't be right to attack us.

Wow that was a long post. Killed some time for me anyways. Wink
Oh yeah, and I'm new here. Hi. Very Happy
johnisenglish
As I see it, the biggest problem that we face right now is the fact that checks and balances are quietly being taken down. All this talk about allowing police / FBI / CIA agents to do wire taps and searchs without a warrent is a perfect example of that. Although it's true that sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures, we can't use that as an excuse to deconstruct these fundamental policies that are designed to protect us from some degree of corruption that's inevitable in any government.
hrtorrent
Every goverment is corrupt, my friend. Thats a fact.
Nameless
*shakes head sadly*

People who honestly believe the government is corrupt are either a) stupid, b) terrorists or c) all of the above. In any large organisation of course there's going to be some corruption (Absolute power corrupts absolutely, whoever the hell said that) but for the most part the world is a lot better than it would be without a government.
Shade
Its not corrupt, so to speak, more like inefficient and makes bad mistakes. But either way, the points you mentioned dont' really make sense

1. Spying on citizens

That was a concentrated effort against suspected terrorists, which actually is okay by Policy. However, when they didn't ask for a warrant after 72 hours of tapping - that was against policy. Again, its not corrupt - merely stupid.

2. Spying on other countries

I never recall the US saying They never spied on any country. They have a whole department for it - why would they deny it?

3. Sending their prisinors

Er, yeah - one incident, and I doubt the government ordered it.

4. Censoring

If we know all the military does.... so does everyone else. I actually think they don't censor enough..

5. Invade

Yeah, a stupid mistake...
Reaper
Ah about that launching nuke theory, we have actually only launched a nuke once or twice in history for one very simple and good reason. What we do to that country will probably come back at us in a cloud of radiation or radioactive rain. And just so you know we do have enough nukes to kill the world 3 time's over but I think that doing it once would be more then enough. And the Military usually won't resort to nukes.
todabeat
Quote:

2. Spying is a way of getting information about other countries that might have an urge to attack us. Would you rather go about not knowing about a possible airstrike on your house or would you get some spies to get some warning ahead of time? And yeah they're not going to admit it because what good can come out of it?

I saw Farenheit 911, and it appears that the CIA of FBI some one had the documents saying that they were going to be attecked and nobody paid any attention so what is the use to spy if you aren't gonna do it right? actually it's kind of funny if you think about it. almost ironic.
S3nd K3ys
todabeat wrote:

I saw Farenheit 911, and it appears that the CIA of FBI some one had the documents saying that they were going to be attecked and nobody paid any attention so what is the use to spy if you aren't gonna do it right? actually it's kind of funny if you think about it. almost ironic.

What's funny/ironic is that you would believe F9/11.

Seriously, the first thing the movie says is that it's not fact.
bdoneck
Maybe if you grow up to be 11 or 12 you'll realize how government works and why some liberties must be suspended for the greater good, believe me i do think that bush does some bad things but most of them are for the greater good of the country
Reaper
Yes besides if you look at it this way, hes only president for a few more years anyways after that we get a new president, but hopefully kerry drops dead before then because one idiot replacing another idiot isn't what I would call good.
narc
Depends on your definition of curruption I guess.

I feel like for the most part the governement does it's job, but I think we all feel like we pay too much taxes and the "government machine" is too wasteful.

I suppose the thing that really gets most people fired up is the taxing of the middle and lower class, while the upper class gets to skate by on loopholes.

I should ask you the opposite, I suppose:

What governemt would NOT seem corrupt? That's a hard one to define. No doubt it was the founding fathers goals.
solomagos
hrtorrent wrote:
Agree completely with you.

Well I can see that US citizens think that their government is NOT corrupt and that whatever it does is OK, while the rest of the world Think that it is corrupt and that the things it does are evil...

I think that the US government make its citizens think what they want them to think. I suppose you understand what I mean. I recommend you to see a very good film, called 'Bowling for Columbine' by Michael Moore.

Tha government say that they don't
Quote:
conduct mass killings and torture on our own civilians like Saddam Hussein did
and the people believe it. As simple as that. I think Bush is as evil as Sadam can be.

Lena.
summer-sensation
Sometimes I wonder...

I believe every government is corrupt to an extent. Humans are greedy and yearn for power. So of course all governments are corrupt, it's impossible for them not to be.
Insanity
todabeat wrote:
Quote:

Well you could go into the whole conspiracy theory thing about how the government was really behind the attacks and how the Pentagon was really hit by a missle, blah blah blah...

But generally if the government has advance knowledge about an attack they would try to do something to stop it. There has been terrorist plots they have stopped, etc..
Insanity
todabeat wrote:
Quote:

Well you could go into the whole conspiracy theory thing about how the government was really behind the attacks and how the Pentagon was really hit by a missle, blah blah blah...

But generally if the government has advance knowledge about an attack they would try to do something to stop it. There has been terrorist plots they have stopped, etc..
Dustin
After playing metal gear solid i thought some weird things, but now that i have taken social 30 i fully trust the government and its decisions.
startsomething
I think the government of the US has become more of a republic than a democracy. We elect people to vote for us. We choose people to make decisions for us. Granted, a true democracy would be expensive, slow, and painstaking. Still... people are not being heard.
On the economy side, were screwed and there's nothing we can do about it but total reform.
selda
U.S goverments only problem is that they think they r above law!
and everything what they do, they do it a bit too hard...like killing a fly with a tactical warhead....

ou and back to subject, yes they r corrupted, like every other countrys goverment...
balend
the us is corrupt and bush is the gayest president ever he brings us in trouble and then says it was the right thing to do

he killed over 2000 troops and says saddam was a threat

BS it was 2000 troops over free oil
KHO
Ok, say our government sucks, but hey, look at our country. We have freedom, we go to help others when they need us most, we can feel safe announcing any religion that we are. Our government may seem cruel at times, and it may seem like they spy on people or whatever, but hey, in Russia they even control your internet access Neutral we aren't the only country who has a government that likes to look at everything, everyone does it (maybe not Canada, but everyone who is not a neutral party does Neutral). It is human nature to feel a need for control and power, and knowing when an enemy is going to launch a missile is great power indeed. Our government does their best not to act unless it is absolutely necessary, if we would have known that the 9/11 thing was going to happen, don't you think we would have stopped it? That may be one reason that every gov. is spying on everyone they see, that kind of thing can happen anywhere, so everyone is on their toes and watching everyone else! Do l think it is a good thing that everyone has become paranoid? No, but it has regrettably gotten to the point that we need to be.
S3nd K3ys
KHO wrote:
Ok, say our government sucks, but hey, look at our country. We have freedom, we go to help others when they need us most, we can feel safe announcing any religion that we are. Our government may seem cruel at times, and it may seem like they spy on people or whatever, but hey, in Russia they even control your internet access Neutral we aren't the only country who has a government that likes to look at everything, everyone does it (maybe not Canada, but everyone who is not a neutral party does Neutral). It is human nature to feel a need for control and power, and knowing when an enemy is going to launch a missile is great power indeed. Our government does their best not to act unless it is absolutely necessary, if we would have known that the 9/11 thing was going to happen, don't you think we would have stopped it? That may be one reason that every gov. is spying on everyone they see, that kind of thing can happen anywhere, so everyone is on their toes and watching everyone else! Do l think it is a good thing that everyone has become paranoid? No, but it has regrettably gotten to the point that we need to be.

Very nicely said.
DX-Blog
Now what was that on the news a while ago about a german guy being KIDNAPPED by the freakin' CIA as supposed terrorist. 4 Months vanished out of existance, family and relatives left behind worried whilst the guy got sent to one of those secret terrorist prisons abroad.

And how great, he got returned... just a good thing they didn't give an innocent man the death penalty yet.

And to make it even worse they don't want to promise or make a law against torture within prisons.... seeing as to how they have to keep all options open?

I thought the way in which Hitler put people in camps during WWII and tortured people to get the required information out of them was a bad thing... That we would have learned from that and never let it be done again.

To make it worse the US goverment which supposedly is fighting against terrorism is meanwhile acting up as the next big dictatorship, the only difference is that this time it is being ran by a complete moron instead of a smart guy with a mental disorder.

Now if the US goverment would just stop bothering other countries with their BS ok, let them have a go at their own citizens till they will have enough of it. But they should learn not to stick their nose in just about everybody else's business.
Jack_Hammer
Nearly every goverment is corrupt,
Quote:
'Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely'
ujjeh
It's not good to think about negative stuffs. Soon Bush will be bushed out of president then hopefully we can have a better one. Our democracy has been the worst since Bush came.
fiveboltbox
did you know kerry and bush are cussins? no when bush will end his time it wont get better , the started political strategy will continue .. you'll see.. watch 911: the rise of police state and the order of death both by alex jones
KHO
ujjeh wrote:
It's not good to think about negative stuffs. Soon Bush will be bushed out of president then hopefully we can have a better one. Our democracy has been the worst since Bush came.

You know, Bush has actually done a pretty decent job concidering what all has happened Neutral l admit, l used to dislike him, but during recent events, he has proved himself a worthy president, and l for one am glad that he is our president. Kerry probably would have just gone over and run Iraq down, taking all the oil for the US, while this would be benneficial to us, it's a terrible thing to do, Bush has earned an ally in Iraq, and the peace that may come from that is greater than any amount of oil.
essentialmedia
Shade wrote:
Its not corrupt, so to speak, more like inefficient and makes bad mistakes. But either way, the points you mentioned dont' really make sense

1. Spying on citizens

That was a concentrated effort against suspected terrorists, which actually is okay by Policy. However, when they didn't ask for a warrant after 72 hours of tapping - that was against policy. Again, its not corrupt - merely stupid.

2. Spying on other countries

I never recall the US saying They never spied on any country. They have a whole department for it - why would they deny it?

3. Sending their prisinors

Er, yeah - one incident, and I doubt the government ordered it.

4. Censoring

If we know all the military does.... so does everyone else. I actually think they don't censor enough..

5. Invade

Yeah, a stupid mistake...

We have had a system and agency in place to spy on other country's for decades. Whoever said the US denied it?

I agree with the original poster that the US is a corrupt government just not for the reason that they claimed.

But then again ALL governments are corrupt. And what the hell are you hiding that you are so afraid of? I personally couldn't care less if they video taped my every move. Hell it would make a great film.

Shane
NobodiesHero
Yeah, never known of any government that wasn't corrupt. I mean if you want to stay in power you have to make sure you please the right people and make everybody else feel you're doing the best for everybody.

The bad thing is that everyone knows about it but nobody cares.
fiveboltbox
you might want to watch a film about jfk where pretty much in first 10 minutes you understand that the official story is bulls*** after that there is more proof and the reasons and stuff...

you can watch it here, and its legal to watch it here because authos have allowed copying as much as you want , you can see thet in som of the first frames
fiveboltbox
oh im really sory, i forgot to put links in there Embarassed

those who dont want to watch a long movie, or dont have the tme heres a few second vid, where you can see that jfk was shot from the front right
http://download.alciada.net/Government/KennedyAssassination_ZapruderFilm_closeup.avi

and here is the movie
http://download.alciada.net/Government/JFK_TheBushConnection.wmv
Srs2388
I think the US Government isn't that corrupted, they spying I agree is an invasion of your privacy.... but... they had an okay reason to do so if it wasn't for this anyone could just come in and attack...

If it wasn't for some of the governments some of the people in USA here woudn't be here today maybe not dead but not whereyou are now...

some of the stuff first posted the prisoners, that I agree isn't right at all...

the Iraq thing, I think that is stupid and war is stupid... he wants more money and more everything directed to him (thats my opinion)
people die there everyday and yet, he dosn't "pull out" and forget it......
but yet again there is a good side to this too.... example: if we get rid of the terrorist there *a large portion of the terrorist* were less likely to be attacked then..... most of the stuff is for a good reason and have negative effects along with positive ones
paul_indo
Quote:
Well we as a country did not exactly conduct mass killings and torture on our own civilians like Saddam Hussein did,

Maybe you should talk to a few exservicemen about Nuclear testing in New Mexico, Nevada and at Bikini Atol and Agent Orange in Vietnam.
And on top of that who was financing and providing weapons to Saddam Hussein during his war with Iran?

I would not say though that corruption is the problem with the American Government. I think Deciept and hipocracy are the real problems.

In Indonesia I have to laugh at the views expressed by the American and Australian governments about this country. But then they need allies in their "War against terrorism" so a few human rights violations can be overlooked if you are "on their side". A complete about face from 3 0r 4 years ago.

All governments do have levels of corruption. Just read the Jakarta Post online, it will make you laugh at some of the outrageous corruption stories. About 5 or 6 a day usually.

What scares me with America these days is that the government thinks it is above all law. The American Constituition and International law. This is dangerous to us all.

The other worrying thing is their attitude and reaction to criticism. Critics of their policies are labeled as "UnAmerican"
The "Patriot Act" is a good example of propoganda which Goebels himself would have been be proud of.
To name a peice of Anti constitutional, human rights violating legislation the "Patriot Act" is a stroke of pure genius. How can any patriotic American be against a "Patriot Act"? You must be a traitor if you are against it.
If it was called the "Civilion monitoring and reduction of privacy and rights Act" you could criticise it, but how can you criticise a "Patriot Act"?
Sheer brilliance.
But God help the American people. And all of us.
Animal
I'm certainly not anti-American, but I believe that the current Bush administration is corrupt. You just need to look at some of the dodgy dealings in Dick Cheney past, Haliburton's presence in Iraq etc.

However, my main beef is their stance on Global warming. Even Bill Clinton is saying that the current administration's policy is "flat wrong" but George dubyah is sitting in the White House with his fingers in his ears saying "there's no such thing" - I find it strange that he has so many links to the Oil Industry and he doesn't believe that burning fossil fuels could possibly be harming the environment.

Not talking

Every government to some extent is corrupt. or at least unethical, but the US, the government is driven by dollars. People who make large "campaign contributions" tend to get their way put into law. For example, companies like McDonalds were being sued for making people obese and unhealthy. One or two large campaign donations, and there's now a "cheeseburger law" stating that fast foods companies can't get sued for making people unhealthy.

I don't mean to sound cynical but...
coolclay
All you people from other countries are just jealous of America and thats the bottom line, you just don't want to admit it. The patriot act protects us from terrorists, I am glad they are spying, it makes me feel safer. I don't have anything to hide, and those people that are against spying and the patriot act probably have something to hide. Pulling out of Iraq would show weakness to the terrorists, and they would win. Most Americans are stronger then that. I am glad we have a strong hearted president that stands up for whats right even if it means pissing people off. Its more then most presidents in the past have done.
paul_indo
Quote:
All you people from other countries are just jealous of America and thats the bottom line

Are you joking??????

Com'on man, that's hardly a logical arguement.
watersoul
I don't imagine there is a government that isn't corrupt!
Some years ago when the UK government signed up to the European Act of freedom of information there was big publicity about how everyone could see their files held by every government department by simply requesting a copy, all of this sounded good and righteous. The government of the day also said it would take 6 months for legislation etc to be sorted out, and alloted a certain date that every citizen could request their details from. Ha, what a joke, I, like many other civil servants working for my department, earned loads of money at double hourly rate for 6 months just going through files to find and shred stuff that people wouldn't want to see if requested!!!
Yes, I sold myself out to the devil and made lots of money, but my point is this, if I was part of a corrupt system even at the lowly level I was,then what goes on in the upper levels of the state???!
...yep, they're corrupt, to the core!!
dalibor
I dont like U.S!
dalibor
Maybe they are corupt but i dont want to think about that!!!!!
easysolution
i dont link us
sketteksalfa
hrtorrent wrote:

I do agree with you. And some points posted above i think is out of the supposed topic.
nigam
Yes, every politicians in this world are mostly corrupt. You may only find 5% who truly serve his/her country in full honesty. I think US politicians is slightly corrupt in a silent way.
Libby
Yeah, all governments are corrupt. And the US is really really corrupt.

That's why I'm voting --

SMASH THE STATE '08!!!
HamsterMan
Quote:
All you people from other countries are just jealous of America and thats the bottom line

Oh what irony that it is absurd ideas like that that would make a lot of people dislike America.
the-guide
hrtorrent wrote:

Exactly! Not only US. but all over the world! Exclamation Laughing
friuser
Every system becomes corrupt out of the status quo. Historically it's always been like that. Most governments have not lasted very long. The political system is the most bizarre form of government if you really thing about it. Most now exist as a 2 party system(western/european) but usually it comes down to 3-4 issues that differ but eventually they both participate in corruption over the same things. No government is really interested in civil rights as it's very tedious. That's why most end in dictatorships in one form or another.
busman
bdoneck wrote:
Maybe if you grow up to be 11 or 12 you'll realize how government works and why some liberties must be suspended for the greater good, believe me i do think that bush does some bad things but most of them are for the greater good of the country

NO!!!!! Evil or Very Mad So very ignorant of what true freedom is are the people of the USA now, what would the founding fathers think... Benjamin Franklin anyone?

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
[/quote]
busman
coolclay wrote:
All you people from other countries are just jealous of America and thats the bottom line, you just don't want to admit it. The patriot act protects us from terrorists, I am glad they are spying, it makes me feel safer. I don't have anything to hide, and those people that are against spying and the patriot act probably have something to hide. Pulling out of Iraq would show weakness to the terrorists, and they would win. Most Americans are stronger then that. I am glad we have a strong hearted president that stands up for whats right even if it means pissing people off. Its more then most presidents in the past have done.

You are not a true American and do not follow the ideals of what this country was laid out upon. I'm sorry you feel the way you do. And yes that was pity... Crying or Very sad
Cosmoslayer
Almost all country's government are corrupt anyways. Some are not just yet exposed? Look at our country. I'm sick of hearing every single day what is happening in it. it's more like showbiz than politics.
spinout
I don't believe - it is to me!
ankitdatashn
Even if every government is corrupt the people need to be together and create an uproar.