FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

stuck up

bluffmango
my pc gets stuck soon after it restarts ,, and tell me abt the top HARD DISK repair utility that ...corrects indexes ,directory structures and stuff like tht
comp615
What? that was kinda hard post to understand. I think maybe you are looking for the chkdsk utility? Yeah you just run it from the command line and add /f after it to check additional stuff. If you run it from windows it will ask you to restart.

As for why your PC gets stuck...do you mean it like restarts or hangs? Is there a blue screen?
Naif
Hi. Try doing a scandisk of your harddisk. If you are on a windows xp system, use the chkdsk utility from the command prompt. Your post was kind of unclear. Maybe there is an error or corruption in the directory structure of your hard disk. Are you able to boot into the OS?
darknesscloud
would try reformatting sound slike the worm tunnel virus but instead of restarting it freezes like mine did
headlong
Perhaps your OS crashed before some program finished writing to disk. If you can not restart properly, try to ignore that automatic scan. In most cases, your OS will return to normal