FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Text-Based Games

Dread Lord Chaos
Hey, what Text-Based MMORPGs do you guys play or used to play? WHo knows, we might find a couple that destroyed each others' empire at one point or another, hehe
Texas Al
Text based? You mean MUDs? Wow, surprised anybody knows about them.

I used to play a whole bunch of them, but at the moment I only remember KoBRA, NukeWar, Trollz, and Genocide. I bet quite a few of them are still kicking around too.
Alienz
I guess you are talking something like Utopia.

This is one of the web-based game I used to played.
althalus
I got started on a few, but never really caught on. The lack of graphics and only reading got my head spinning. Found most of them through The Mud Connector.
clip
you guys know about achaea? i played it back then, and well, got tired of it. Laughing
Reign
http://www.bootleggers.us

Been playing it for almost 2years, awesome maffia game, still in beta but it really rocks.
billybob
i did play these but they took too much time up the best has to be www.barafranca.com
Nirotu
I used to play Discworld MUD, based on the series of books. Here's the website for ya http://discworld.atuin.net/lpc/
5C1
ogame or utopia? izzit count as web base game?
Xiecho
Cool!! I feel wanna give a try with this "text" base game Smile
Josso
I used to play the Zork series a few months back... very good games. Tried the first one... got pretty far but never completed it! I'm actually working on a text based game myself (programming in basic) but I've kind of put it at the back of my to-do list.
Dustin
i used to hate text based games, then i played kingom of loathing. That game rocks
nachjo chip
I've played NukeZone, DefCon 5, Warrior Adventures (<- I was on the toplists and everything Smile) and Xeon Wargame.
Kyle
Gmud was a pretty wicked game, i think everyone was addicted to that, but i play on www.nukezone.nu, pretty wicked game.
tinothompson
Normal adventure games are my favourite type of game, so I played a few text-baased games a while back. My favourite, because it was so damn hard but also even damn funnier was The Hitch HIker's Guide to the Galaxy text game, written by Douglas Adams. It has some of the most complicated and original puzzles you're ever likely to find. Plus I love the books, which helps!
Scott
I used to love MUDs, I was really into the Iron Realms games (Achaea, Imperian, Lusternia). I had a really good character in Imperian, but I got bored of the game eventually.
xorcist
I used to play a little but of them but they got boring after a while of just sitting there and not really being able to see what your doing in action.
raman
I used to play this one called anarchy it was pretty decent .
Texas Al
You miss mouse.
Mouse misses you.
You miss mouse.
Mouse misses you.
You scratch mouse for 1hp.
Mouse misses you.

All night.

Man. If it wasn't for MUDs, I would have graduated college like three years earlier (the other three extra years were because of Civilization and this girl I liked).