FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

google

manumiglani
Hello Friends,

I just wanted to discuss Google with you,

Google: Google is one of the largest and most popular Web search engines featuring and searching billions of page. Google was started by two teenagers as a search engine. everyone wondered how they would be able to generate money from their search engine but they managed to do that by one of the most used advertising programs o the web, whose ads can be seen on almost every good website, Google Adwords, Adwords is one the most used advertising programs on world wide web.

Some believe that google is a conspiracy of FBI, USA, as FBI knew that internet will be a severe power one day and search engine will be its central point, that’s why they provide google what it wanted to make it big in the world of search engine. I was discussing this with a friend of mine from Mumbai, he told me to try searching Anti American on google, I did just that and found about some forty lakes search results, however I could not found any real anti American page or website that’s really against Us in first few search pages, but when I searched anti American flags at google image search I found the positive results real results of pictures in which American flags were shown burning, However this type of reports have been seen by some people on some news channels, however I do not know about these reports. So friends what do you think, Is Google a conspiracy by USA?

With the launch of its own email Gmail, google created history with the overwhelming response to its email, Gmail provided 1000 mb of space at the time when Yahoo provided 4 mb and hotmail( Microsoft ) provided 2 mb. It created a history in the free email industry with its invitations selling on EBay fetching bids as high as $61, google provided its user’s technology to search within his/her mails, google made its email free from pop-ups and banners, however there are text ads from google ad words. Google was taking market share from Yahoo and Hotmail, so yahoo increased it storage space from 4 mb to 1 gb and hotmail increased it to 250 mb from 2 mb, yahoo decided to enable search within its mails. Now lets think deep, What is Gmail ? gmail can be called as an attempt to take hotmail ( microsoft ) and yahoo mail out of free e-mail business.... many also doubt it is impossible to build such a technology without any government assistance. On http://mail.google.com/mail/help/terms_of_use.html gmail terms and conditions page, government word exists three times.

Quote:
Google reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to investigate your use of the Service in order to determine whether a violation of the Agreement has occurred or to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.

Quote:

Google also reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as it reasonably believes is necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) enforce this Agreement, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues (including, without limitation, the filtering of spam), (d) respond to user support requests, or (e) protect the rights, property or safety of Google, its users and the public. Google will not be responsible or liable for the exercise or non- exercise of its rights under this Agreement.

Quote:
As a condition to using the Service, you agree to the terms of the Gmail Privacy Policy as it may be updated from time to time. Google understands that privacy is important to you. You do, however, agree that Google may monitor, edit or disclose your personal information, including the content of your emails, if required to do so in order to comply with any valid legal process or governmental request (such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, or court order), or as otherwise provided in these Terms of Use and the Gmail Privacy Policy.

we all know google email plays with the privacy of its users, for displaying its adwords ads in the user's mailbox, Some doubt that USA wants to make google a major power in the internet world which they can make use of in political as well military and terrorist matters.

one of the most debated google services its google earth, many countries recently showed their dis-satisfaction over this service as this is a threat to their national security, anyone can view any part of the earth on his/her computer, Note it yourself you can not see the details of the sensitive area of Usa but you can see the sensitive areas of almost any country ( leave the US friends apart) . Some believe that the permission to such a sensitive technology to a private company shows the understanding level b/w The US government and google. Google is the only company for sometime which has the permission to use this type of sensitive technology. You can guess what does it means

Now on the google plans for an OS, well the fact is that some believe that it’s on the run and we will see a google OS within a spam of some years, why ? Google wants to overrule Microsoft and they can't do that without beating windows, and the US can not make google the ultimate leader without the google’s own OS.

why google is giving $1 for firefox. 2 reasons,
1) they will get installed firefox on the user's machine, this will help them to reduce microsoft's monopoly with it IE.
2) They will get installed their own toolbar which is a virtual spyware, may be google has more information abt the internet users than any other company or organization in the planet. So think again, google is ready to spend 1$ just to get some information abt you. Y ?

There are rumors that google is planning to buy opera, may be you can see google referrals download opera with google toolbar, $1 for the publishers again.

google may be wants to buy opera because they want a browser for their OS ( if they launch one ), profit from their own ads on freely downloaded opera browsers, wants to challenge the most popular Microsoft products i.e. IE .

Rumors of google offering free web hosting can also come true. If they come true, then will try to pull yahoo geocities our of market, and also will serve as a place for google ad words. so be ready for google free web space invitations ..

the recent google buying of 5% stake in America online in exchange for $1 billion shows how desperate google is, aol is second-largest network after Yahoo, may be google is looking for its own free portal.

Gmail- google wants to dominate the free email industry, wants to put yahoo mail and hotmail out of business.

google groups- a direct response to yahoo groups and msn groups

recently buying stake in Aol - wants to make it big as a portal rather than a search engine.

plans to buy opera- want to put direct competition to IE

Firefox Referrals - attack on IE

Rumors of offering free web hosting - wants to be better than yahoo in free services.

You will see google sliding its legs into a little bit of everything, may be google wants to be as dominant as anything, may be more than ms, some believe that the recent moves by google shows that google wants something very big, very dominant, ruling everything related. may be google want to be as big as msn and yahoo combined.
Dread Lord Chaos
Well, I think its undeniable that google wants and is dominating as far as we can see. They keep buying up businesses then making them free so the consumer wins...and who doesn't want that? I doubt this conspiracy theory, quite typical of anything that happens on a grand scale....but I wouldn't dismiss it Wink (google is nuts lol)
supersonic
I think someone should hire a laywer and sue google. They have probably violated their policies some where. If someone really wanted to they could probably make $10+ million dollars off of google.
lockwolf
BULLLLLLONY! Did you get that out of the national inquireror or something like that?
Devil
it is copied from somewhere ,

to know more about Google

http://206.223.156.229/temp/showthread.php?t=1775&highlight=google
benwhite
No conspiracy, just good business. Google has a nice lawyer team right now working on the copyright case for Google Print, I doubt very much an average joe has much to gain from them. He'd probably lose. Google basically says in the TOS that they can cache and use everything you do.
manumiglani
Devil wrote:
it is copied from somewhere ,

Hey dude,

watch out before you say something

it is not copied from anywhere. and what makes you say that ?

Quote:

I think someone should hire a laywer and sue google. They have probably violated their policies some where. If someone really wanted to they could probably make $10+ million dollars off of google.

where google has voilated their policies ? they take your virtual signature before you use any of their services, so i do not think that is possible.
soulman
wow~~ this is a awesome work... valueable for me~
d722002
I wouldnt say 'Conspiracy', but Google is definitely becoming a big power on the internet. When you think about it, they are indexing every search and figuring out what people are interested in. That is why all these things are coming out of the 'Labs' section in Google.

Search for:

Free Operating System --- So google makes GooOS
Free Email --- GMail
Free Web Hosting --- It could happen, as stated before
Cheap Internet Service --- AOL
Cool Programs --- Google Earth

Get it? They're using our searches to figure out what we want, then theyre giving it to us. That's all this is.

Also, next time you get a chance, go to www.google.com and click 'More'. They have a search for everything.

For instance:
http://video.google.com
http://www.google.com/linux
etc., etc., etc...
Nirotu
I am actually all for google, i hope they demolish Microsoft... but of course stay free hehe...
foggy
There is absolutely no evidence that Google is constructed by, backed by, receives assistance from, or conspires with the US government. The only thing presented in your extensive conspiracy theory is the loose link that could exist between Google and the United States and how the former could be useful to the latter. I think that is should be noted here that, although it seems common sense to me, that the simple “motive” of how something could be useful DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE. The human brain is a powerful tool. It is able to construct the makings of elaborate scenarios of how something could have happened or why it would have when the person has already has a preconceived notion of a connection that supposedly exists.

Not to mention, a large number of your arguments fail to hold up, either skewing the truth of misrepresenting it entirely. I don’t have the time to go through all of them, and I admit that I couldn’t punch a hole in them all, but I remind you that just because it could have happened doesn’t mean it did.

You cite various times the intentions of Google to take various companies out of business, namely Microsoft and Yahoo. One can assume that because it is brought up so many times that this action of Google is encouraged by the so-called “conspiracy” between the US government and Google, but I fail to see a justification of why this would be advantageous to the federal government of the United States. I can, in fact, see reasons why they would not want this to happen, such as the fact that software developed by Microsoft is responsible for running on the large majority of the government’s computer.

You also go on to say that, “many also doubt it is impossible to build such a technology without any government assistance” in reference to Google’s introduction of a GB email service, but you also mention that other companies followed suit, sometimes introducing even more space. Well, which one is it? Did the company that the government is also trying to kill (Yahoo) also receive government support?

A large section of your argument is based on the Google Mail Terms of Use. I fail to see where this supports your argument. Clauses like this exist in basically every ToU ever constructed by a large team of lawyers. Also, the mention of the word “Government” makes me believe the opposite of what you imply. Don’t you think if Google was secretly allied with the US government that they would not even mention it at all? After all, they wouldn’t have to worry about being prosecuted if the government was on their side.

I also just wanted to mention that the GoogleOS is a rumor and nothing but speculation.

Also the “Google is going to buy opera” is completely false, as is demonstrated by a statement from Opera Software ASA.

That’s about all I’m going to type for now. Note that I am not saying that I can’t prove that Google and the USA aren’t conspiring (though I do highly doubt it), I’m just saying that you can’t prove it nor do you have anything but circumstantial “evidence.” I also would like to say that this is not a personal attack on the poster of the conspiracy theory; I just didn’t want people reading it to get the wrong idea.
OnlyOneLife
I'm pretty sure google wants to take over the world and create a private profile of everyone. It is quite easy for them to make a database of everyone from their email accounts and their searches. (if they haven't already made one).

It's the ulimate database for the government too!
"Hi, I havea warrent to search for Potiental terrorits" (Bush's wire tapping, why not this)"

It's true that google earth has the important U.S government facilites hidden and in other countries they don't. The U.S. government will nail they if they don't. All the U.S. has to say is "It's a threat to national security" and send a cruise missle into google headquaters. "it was nessary for the protection of the U.S"
FriBogdan
conspiracy...there is no such thing. The are some very smart people out there and they can run a business more efficient than others. If Google will become the best on it's kind...i don't care. They will put some services to make the people use google more and more. It is all for our good. (if u don't want to make a search engine...then it will be bad a service like google Razz )
Dread Lord Chaos
So long as they keep dishing out free services, google is fine by me! Smile
manumiglani
Quote:
I am actually all for google, i hope they demolish Microsoft... but of course stay free hehe..

are you sure google is not the next microsoft..... Some doubt that the dirty tricks played by google ( like the firefox { google toolbar } referals ) shows that google is heading towards being the next microsoft and they can be as greedy as microsoft. one can do anything if he/she dominates.
Quote:

There is absolutely no evidence that Google is constructed by, backed by, receives assistance from, or conspires with the US government

yeah i agree to that, i do not have any evidence of that, hope you understand that if the US government is upto this, they will not leave any evidence of this at all.

Quote:
You cite various times the intentions of Google to take various companies out of business, namely Microsoft and Yahoo. One can assume that because it is brought up so many times that this action of Google is encouraged by the so-called “conspiracy” between the US government and Google, but I fail to see a justification of why this would be advantageous to the federal government of the United States

i haven't said that USA is on to destroy yahoo and msn, i just wanted to mention that US may be wants to make google big, very big.
Quote:

I can, in fact, see reasons why they would not want this to happen, such as the fact that software developed by Microsoft is responsible for running on the large majority of the government’s computer.

That is one of the main reasons why they want google to make it big as a software firm, because the federal government do not want to relay upon a single vendor, they have multiple vendors for almost every service they use. May be, they also want a OS other than windows.

Quote:
You also go on to say that, “many also doubt it is impossible to build such a technology without any government assistance” in reference to Google’s introduction of a GB email service, but you also mention that other companies followed suit, sometimes introducing even more space. Well, which one is it? Did the company that the government is also trying to kill (Yahoo) also receive government support?

yeah there are companies that give 10000 gb space free , i have not said that it is impossible to give gb space for free without any government support, i said that the technology google is using is appropriate and matches what the US want (may be).

Quote:
Also the “Google is going to buy opera” is completely false, as is demonstrated by a statement from Opera Software ASA.

that can be false that google is buying opera, but it is a truth that google wants to buy opera, as man there is no smoke without fire.

and my reference about the google compitetion with MS and yahoo, didn't refer to the consiparacy theory, infact i wanted to discuss abt google, what the gaint may be upto, what of their services we can see in future, can they make it big to take on MS and yahoo ?, wanted to discuss abt the privacy policy used by google and everything related to it.

and about the conspiracy theory, i am not sure, no one can be sure, but there are some points which points towards this, and i just tried to list some of these points, may be it is not , may be it is , just wanted to discuss with you. thats it, i do not support or reject this theory personally.
manumiglani
Quote:
Google Conspiracy

Is Google A Secret Weapon

Controlled By the Military?

Story by Lloyd Franks, Reporter

Daily Internet Clarion of New York

January 23, 2005: According to Mr. Bob Beobee, former employee of the NSA (National Security Agency of the United States) Google is a military covert operation that helps the USA to control the world.

According to Katie Beobee, wife of Bob Beobee, Google had reason to silence her husband, who disappeared mysteriously about a week ago.

Google is a corporation, headquartered in California, that searches for information on the internet worldwide and publishes on the internet an index of the pages found by Google.

According to official documents written and published by Google, Google withholds many secrets from the public. Indeed, Google's methods of operation never have been explained in full detail.

"When I say 'Google,' I mean 'military," Beobee said, "for Google and the military are in bed together. People mistakenly think, sometimes, that I am only joking, but I have inside information that can be corroborated."

"Google is a weapon, a secret weapon of Uncle Sam, a worldwide censor, a worldwide spy, a military operation designed to identify enemies, designed to silence dissenters."

"The operation at Google has well defined objectives," said Beobee, "collective mind control; global intelligence and surveillance; socio-economic control over the people and nations on Earth to help the US keep its grip on power around the world.".

"Compared to the power of Google, the hydrogen bomb is a toy," said Beobee, "because the US cannot attack with an H-bomb every day."

Said Beobee, "Google snoops through, and analyzes, most of the websites on this Earth for the purpose of battling enemies of the United States. Google limits individual access to the web by carefully filtering information that is released to the public."

"Google ignores, hides or bans the websites deemed to be harmful to Uncle Sam," said Beobee.

"Think about it," he added, "when Google bans a page on the web, Google blackballs every site that is linked to the ostracized page. A domino effect ensues: a ban by Google against Page A leads to a ban on Website B (which is linked to Page A), which leads to a ban on Website C (which is linked to Website B), and so forth.

"Webmasters around the world must delete their links to pages banned by Google," said Beobee. "And that amounts to censorship on a worldwide scale; control on a global level; coercion around the world.

"And Google is not the only search engine involved in espionage. Yahoo, too, has been co-opted into intelligence work.

"Google and Yahoo are vital components of Operation Prometheus, a covert operation that began three years ago.

"As part of that operation, Yahoo acquired state-of-the-art technology from Google -- technology that Google acquired from the NSA.

"Operation Prometheus has an enormous data base, the biggest archive ever compiled by man. When any person in the world conducts a search at Google or Yahoo, the nature of that search becomes a part of the data base.

"A mile-long list has been compiled, a list of people's names. That sinister list grows longer by the minute.

"An individual's identity is added to the list if searches conducted by that individual indicate wrongful thinking or harmful intent."

"All important search engines are headquartered in the U.S.A., and all of those engines are economically tied to one another," Beobee said. "Yahoo, for instance, has invested millions of dollars in Google.

"Yahoo purchased recently some of the biggest and most important search engines on this planet -- All the Web, Lycos Tripod, and others," Beobee said.

"Through acquisitions and mergers, the military quickly acquired control of the biggest and most-important search engines on Earth," said Beobee.

"The military now controls most of what people see and hear on the web throughout the world," Beobee added in a whisper.

Beobee stated frequently that Google is an evil enterprise, financed by the CIA; supported by the NSA, and operated by dangerous people from the infernal regions. "Google is a bigger threat to freedom than communism -- the most sinister source of mind control since the McCarthy era," said Beobee.

"Never will Google reveal its secrets, the methods it uses to rank web pages, because those methods are based in whole on exigencies of politics and on the need to mesmerize the masses," said Beobee.

"Search for any keyword at Google," said Beobee with a smile, "and you will see a statement like 'Results 1 - 10 of about 1,770,000.' Then Google will give you, at the most, maybe 1,000 results, for Google's mission is to exclude, not to include, information."

"Google is the biggest, most misleading censor on Earth," said Beobee. "Many results have no relation to keywords used in a search."

"Congress should investigate," Beobee said with a frown, "but I know several senators are in cahoots with Google, and they condone the Google operation."

"I think allies of the United States suspect that Google is up to no good," said Beobee. "China and other 'enemy states' are suspicious and wary of Google. And foreign countries don't trust Yahoo, much, because Yahoo favors American webs and the economic interests of America."

"I am a patriot," said Beobee. "I gave 41 years of my life to defend the stars and stripes of freedom. I advocate any weapon or method that benefits my country.

"But Google violates every precept upon which this country was founded. Google is a danger and an evil in our midst, a brutish beast without a heart or soul."

"Any person who speaks of this matter is likely to wind up missing," Beobee stated to his wife shortly before he disappeared. Beobee vanished recently while on vacation in Asia, abducted by agents of Google, or Yahoo, according to his wife.

Although his body was never recovered, Beobee is presumed dead.

If you, the reader, want to publish links that point to this story, first consider the fate of Bob Beobee. Rest in peace.

This reporter must deny that even one word of this story is true (to dodge my own assassination, maybe you have guessed).

This story, therefore, is a work of fiction -- written to entertain you -- for this reporter has zero desire to vanish mysteriously.

Startling Update: Lloyd Franks, the journalist, died suspiciously two days after his story, above, was published.

Franks was killed by a hit-and-run driver, according to witnesses. The identity of the driver remains unknown.

Republished with permission of the Daily Internet Clarion of New York.

© Daily Internet Clarion of New York

All rights Reserved

source : http://fire.prohosting.com/beobee/google_conspiracy.htm
Keshav
I am really intrigued by this article. I had never thought about it in this direction. But I really do not understand what to beleive and what not. If google is really doing something like what is described above, then it is something of a hindrance to one's freedom.
tim_s
?? now that is a blatant post for ratings!
Kyle
manumiglani wrote:
Hello Friends,

I just wanted to discuss Google with you,

Google: Google is one of the largest and most popular Web search engines featuring and searching billions of page. Google was started by two teenagers as a search engine. everyone wondered how they would be able to generate money from their search engine but they managed to do that by one of the most used advertising programs o the web, whose ads can be seen on almost every good website, Google Adwords, Adwords is one the most used advertising programs on world wide web.

Some believe that google is a conspiracy of FBI, USA, as FBI knew that internet will be a severe power one day and search engine will be its central point, that’s why they provide google what it wanted to make it big in the world of search engine. I was discussing this with a friend of mine from Mumbai, he told me to try searching Anti American on google, I did just that and found about some forty lakes search results, however I could not found any real anti American page or website that’s really against Us in first few search pages, but when I searched anti American flags at google image search I found the positive results real results of pictures in which American flags were shown burning, However this type of reports have been seen by some people on some news channels, however I do not know about these reports. So friends what do you think, Is Google a conspiracy by USA?

With the launch of its own email Gmail, google created history with the overwhelming response to its email, Gmail provided 1000 mb of space at the time when Yahoo provided 4 mb and hotmail( Microsoft ) provided 2 mb. It created a history in the free email industry with its invitations selling on EBay fetching bids as high as $61, google provided its user’s technology to search within his/her mails, google made its email free from pop-ups and banners, however there are text ads from google ad words. Google was taking market share from Yahoo and Hotmail, so yahoo increased it storage space from 4 mb to 1 gb and hotmail increased it to 250 mb from 2 mb, yahoo decided to enable search within its mails. Now lets think deep, What is Gmail ? gmail can be called as an attempt to take hotmail ( microsoft ) and yahoo mail out of free e-mail business.... many also doubt it is impossible to build such a technology without any government assistance. On http://mail.google.com/mail/help/terms_of_use.html gmail terms and conditions page, government word exists three times.

Quote:
Google reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to investigate your use of the Service in order to determine whether a violation of the Agreement has occurred or to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.

Quote:

Google also reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as it reasonably believes is necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) enforce this Agreement, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues (including, without limitation, the filtering of spam), (d) respond to user support requests, or (e) protect the rights, property or safety of Google, its users and the public. Google will not be responsible or liable for the exercise or non- exercise of its rights under this Agreement.

Quote:
As a condition to using the Service, you agree to the terms of the Gmail Privacy Policy as it may be updated from time to time. Google understands that privacy is important to you. You do, however, agree that Google may monitor, edit or disclose your personal information, including the content of your emails, if required to do so in order to comply with any valid legal process or governmental request (such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, or court order), or as otherwise provided in these Terms of Use and the Gmail Privacy Policy.

we all know google email plays with the privacy of its users, for displaying its adwords ads in the user's mailbox, Some doubt that USA wants to make google a major power in the internet world which they can make use of in political as well military and terrorist matters.

one of the most debated google services its google earth, many countries recently showed their dis-satisfaction over this service as this is a threat to their national security, anyone can view any part of the earth on his/her computer, Note it yourself you can not see the details of the sensitive area of Usa but you can see the sensitive areas of almost any country ( leave the US friends apart) . Some believe that the permission to such a sensitive technology to a private company shows the understanding level b/w The US government and google. Google is the only company for sometime which has the permission to use this type of sensitive technology. You can guess what does it means

Now on the google plans for an OS, well the fact is that some believe that it’s on the run and we will see a google OS within a spam of 10-20 years, why ? Google wants to overrule Microsoft and they can't do that without beating windows, and the US can not make google the ultimate leader without the google’s own OS.

why google is giving $1 for firefox. 2 reasons,
1) they will get installed firefox on the user's machine, this will help them to reduce microsoft's monopoly with it IE.
2) They will get installed their own toolbar which is a virtual spyware, may be google has more information abt the internet users than any other company or organization in the planet. So think again, google is ready to spend 1$ just to get some information abt you. Y ?

There are rumors that google is planning to buy opera, may be you can see google referrals download opera with google toolbar, $1 for the publishers again.

google may be wants to buy opera because they want a browser for their OS ( if they launch one ), profit from their own ads on freely downloaded opera browsers, wants to challenge the most popular Microsoft products i.e. IE .

Rumors of google offering free web hosting can also come true. If they come true, then will try to pull yahoo geocities our of market, and also will serve as a place for google ad words. so be ready for google free web space invitations ..

the recent google buying of 5% stake in America online in exchange for $1 billion shows how desperate google is, aol is second-largest network after Yahoo, may be google is looking for its own free portal.

Gmail- google wants to dominate the free email industry, wants to put yahoo mail and hotmail out of business.

google groups- a direct response to yahoo groups and msn groups

recently buying stake in Aol - wants to make it big as a portal rather than a search engine.

plans to buy opera- want to put direct competition to IE

Firefox Referrals - attack on IE

Rumors of offering free web hosting - wants to be better than yahoo in free services.

You will see google sliding its legs into a little bit of everything, may be google wants to be as dominant as anything, may be more than ms, some believe that the recent moves by google shows that google wants something very big, very dominant, ruling everything related. may be google want to be as big as msn and yahoo combined.

i never thought that google earth would be a threat to national security, THATS CRAZY!!
DX-Blog
d722002 wrote:
Cheap Internet Service --- AOL

Cheap? How about free, they're gonna give a WiFi connection to an entire US state... The bastards Razz.

But lol, conspiracy theory Laughing. Just a bunch of students which created the right thing at the right time sounds more like it Razz.
Animal
To be honest, I don't understand why you're targeting Google specifically for this. If you read the fine print of any email service, they'll reserve the right to access your mail if they believe you're breaking laws / spamming people / hacking them. What's more worrying is this:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/12/14/eu_data_retention_vote/

The summary is that the EU have just voted a law where all ISPs in Europe have to retain data on all internet traffic and all email traffic for a period of up to 2 years. Again, they say it's to prevent crime, but it seems to me like another step towards a Big Brother society.

Live in the US? Think you guys are ok? Think again:

http://www.betanews.com/article/NSA_Monitoring_Net_Communications/1135406234
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4536018.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4538286.stm

If you really don't want people reading your emails, encrypt them. Check out my website if you're interested - it's currently a how-to on encryption. If you don't encrypt your email, virtually anyone who knows what they're doing would be able to intercept someone's email and read it, so the fact Google are doing it is no real surprise.
bdoneck
i think that you and your friend are the most cynical people alive, to think that google is a conspiracy by the us government is just wrong, i mean search for failure. if you think that the government is runny google, then why is bush's biography the first result when you search for failure
David_Pardy
Search for the word 'government' in ANY disclaimer for ANY product - I guarantee it'll appear at least once in most of them.

That article is simply hot air, it's not substantial. Google is an incredibly well run BUSINESS. It is a success because it has good leadership who know how to create and sell a product.

Most conspiracies are hot air and this is another one of those.
gonzo
google is run by liberalist hypocrites.

"corporations are evil"... until we earn enough money to buy a mercedes

"pirvacy is important"... until we can rape yours for profit

"censorship is unwarranted" ... until someone tries to list a non-liberalist journal

google tactics are evil

use

http://www.scroogle.org/scraper.html
manumiglani
Quote:
i never thought that google earth would be a threat to national security, THATS CRAZY!!

Oh really!!!!!!! see these links and you will get to know what i meant!!!!!

Dutch politicians say Google Earth images help terrorists

Al-Qaeda probes enemy on Google Earth

Google Earth threatens democracy

Google keeps White House off limits, invites world to Rashtrapati Bhawan

Google Earth becomes a cause of concern for Thai Security Agencies
Quote:

Most conspiracies are hot air and this is another one of those.

may be what you said is true.
eday2010
Conspiracy Theory nuts need a hobby or something, other than comoing up with the nutjob theories!
manumiglani
eday2010 wrote:
Conspiracy Theory nuts need a hobby or something, other than comoing up with the nutjob theories!

i have not said that google is a conspiracy, i just want to discuss that with you people. may be it is, may be it is not.
raver
if you want to know more on this subject go to www.google-watch.org and read all the articles. And i really mean ALL the articles...and then come back and state your position after reading more facts.....and to reply to the guy who said that thing about the failure thing...that it pops up bush`es biography....that is just a se hack...a smart guy beeing able to manipulate the google search engine so the result would be that.....