FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

new here, questions

rainynightstarz
First i want to say that using a forum to get the ads money going is a great idea. I don't mind posting stuff here at all as long as my website is clean!
I have few questions before i acctaully apply for an hosting accout

how often do you need to post here?
how many points are each post?
whats the max # of points?
and how fast do they go down?
and how do you check your points?

and about the FTP

does it really work?
i tried FTP with a club account, that one was really easy to use! is this FTP the same thing with like the folders all laid out and click-drag upload?
Metaguy
Q:how often do you need to post here?
A: You lose 1pt per day, so posting once a day is good. If you go under 20 pts your account is suspended

Q:how many points are each post?
A: It varies from how long the post is

Q:whats the max # of points?
A: Not sure, dont care

Q:and how fast do they go down?
A:1pt per day

Q:and how do you check your points?
A: View one of your posts, it says under (theres probably a better way)

Q: FTP:does it really work?
A: Of cource!

Q:i tried FTP with a club account, that one was really easy to use! is this FTP the same thing with like the folders all laid out and click-drag upload?
A: Its recommended to get a FTP client such as Dreamweaver
rainynightstarz
oh cool! thanks for the fast reply!

how i need to find a subcribe thread button so i can find my posts >.<

i have dreamweaver, except it's in Chinese, sooo confusing

and for FTP, they give you an address thing right?

sorry i'm new, kinda know how to USE FTP, but not really how it works

edit:// wait , suspended as in?

under 20 points or like under negative 20 point? just making sure
Marston
Metaguy wrote:
Q:how often do you need to post here?
A: You lose 1pt per day, so posting once a day is good. If you go under 20 pts your account is suspended
.. That's not right. The accounts ARE NOT suspended...
rainynightstarz
now, i am VERY confused.
wumingsden
About wether or not your suspended if your points drop to -20. Heres the answer (it from the FAQ's located in the header)...

Quote:

Q: Why do I need to be active on your forums?
First of all, we need to cover our costs. Instead of placing advertisements on your websites, we place them on our own website.
Of course, this is not the main reason we require forum posting. You will most likely see that after posting a bit, you will start to enjoy posting on our forums. Without the original requirement, this would have never happened.
And with an active community, every user will get a quick response to his questions and problems.

Q: What does "being active on our forums" exactly mean?
We understand by "being active", that you visit our forums regularly and post something from time to time. A common mistake made by some users is that we appreciate quantity over quality. Quality posts tend to give a healthy orientation to the discussion and make our forums a place where people like posting. Posts without a clear use are thus not allowed.
Your 'activeness' is measured by Points. Negative Points mean that you are not active enough. You will get 2 warnings before your account may be cancelled. After a cancellation due to inactivity you may always request a new account when you're back.
The calculation of the Points is made that way that every user who posts regularly will never reach negative Points. Once you reach the maximum number of posts, it may take several months before an account cancellation is even considered; so there is no need to worry about your account unless you plan to never come back.

Q: Why do I need 5 posts before requesting a hosting account?
First of all, this is to prevent abuse from hackers and spammers. Secondly, being active on our forums is required to keep your hosting. By posting 5 non-spam posts, you show to be willing to remain active in here.

Q: What are the 'Points'?
The Points are used to determine how active you are. You shouldn't worry about them, unless they become negative. The hosting accounts of users with negative Points may be removed. You can't trade or exchange Points.
Every day, 1 Point is deducted from all hosted members. There is also a maximum of 45 Points. Two email warnings are sent at -5 and -10 Points. Your account may get removed after those two warnings if you are still inactive.
Please note that the Points are only an indication of your activeness. Frihost uses it to indicate possible inactive users. No account is removed automatically.

Hope this clears everything up.
glennesau
Quote:
have dreamweaver, except it's in Chinese, sooo confusing

and for FTP, they give you an address thing right?

sorry i'm new, kinda know how to USE FTP, but not really how it works

I use cute ftp to uplad my files. I have used cute ftp for a few years now and have not had any problems with the program. it's a simple click and drag or double click process.
Daniel15
rainynightstarz wrote:
now, i am VERY confused.

If you get under -20 points, your account might get deleted... Depending on how well and how often you posted, etc. It is suggested to keep your points positive, and idealy have as many points as possible. If you post a lot, your points will most likely stay above 30 or 40

Quote:
whats the max # of points?

There's a limit of 45 points. So, if you get over 45 points (I see you have 65.05 points at the moment), they will be reset to 45 at the end of the day. This is like an anti-spam mechanism, it stops people from making heaps of posts and then never coming back.

Hopefully, you're not confused anymore Very Happy. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask!
matt87
I have always wondered about this. I will be gone for 2 weeks soon and wondering if anything will happen to my account if I don't post for those 2 weeks. From what I understand, I will only lose 1 point each day... so I should only lose no more then 15 points. Is this correct or do you lose more for not being active for a long period of time.
Daniel15
matt87 wrote:
From what I understand, I will only lose 1 point each day... so I should only lose no more then 15 points. Is this correct or do you lose more for not being active for a long period of time.

That is correct Very Happy