FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

OSCommerce

craigo
Hi,

Has anyone out there used OSCommerce to design a website? Are there simplier free "shopping cart" web applications out there?

For someone that doesn't know much about Linux, is it easy enough to design a site with OSCommerce - I would greatly appreciatte some construction feedback.

Thanks
srijit
Oscommerce is not the easiest shopping cart. i mean there is no difficulty in setting it up, provided you read the installation instructions first. Zencart is a modification of Oscommerce, and is supposed to be more beautiful. but in the admin section both are essentially the same..... so Crying or Very sad
you can try cubecart ( http://cubecart.com ) it has a free version, download it from there. IMO it looks better out of the box than Oscommerce, installation is easy, and most important, you can setup your store more quickly.

for an example site, one which i installed for my friend, take a look at http://mobilemasters.org . i installed it with no problems. rest was done by my friend. actually he just changed the logo image, and the rest is a default skin. adding of items to cart is easier too in this one.

and as always, try everything before you finally decide. what i think is best might not necessarily be best for you Very Happy

good luck Smile
craigo
Just had a look at your friends site...very impressive. I'll start looking at the ones you mentioned. Thanks for the info