FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I'm getting a ps2 any game suggestions?

acron170
Ok so i'm getting a ps2 for x-mas and i have a few game that i know i'm getting: LOTR: The Third Age, GT A-Spec, Tony Hawk 4, Midway Classics(robotron, etc.), and 007: Nightfire. I want to buy some games since i have $20 in my wallet and $115 in the bank. does anyone have some suggestion on some other games that are good for the ps2 or ps1.

P.S. It's the internet capable one so is there any good games for ps2 that are internet accesible
pansophia
I love the commercials for the new Prince of Persia game. I'm curious as to whether the game is actually good.
acron170
i heard it had great reviews and game informer gives it a 9.5 so i think it'll be good. thing is is that i can't play m games. Thats what i don't get. why do games hop from T to M during a series?!?!?!
craigo
Depends what type of games you like as well - I'm busy playing Tiger Woods 2006 and I find it terribly addictive. Other games I've enjoyed are Frahrenheit, Rainbow six, NFS "Most Wanted......A good site to check reviews, previews, etc is www.gamespot.com
KHO
Kingdom Hearts Neutral (my fav. game)

lt looks like a little kids game, but people of all ages that enjoy rpg's will enjoy it. lt's from Square-Enix and features Disney characters, and has a sequel comming out in spring of '06
craigo
Oh yes....Call of Duty 2 is also very popular...I have only played number 1. Enjoyable war game, first person shooter......but if number 1 is anything to go by....it's a damn difficult game
Pikokola
Well. Kingdom Hearts is good Kingdom Heart 2 will come soon, (square soft and disney Smile)

How about .hack , It's cool Smile

The other is Drakendard (SquareEnix), er.. Valkyrie Profile (It'll released soon ~ maybe next year)

The next is Grand Turismo, emm.. And Final Fantasy XI wiould be good.
mtoni
really the only reason for me to buy an sp2 is because of the Final Fantasy serie...

I would recommend FF: X-2
Summer
If you want :

Racing : Need For Speed xxxxxx
RPG : Final Fantasy xxxxxx
Action : Devil May Cry xxxxxx
Scary : Fatal Frame / Resident evil xxxxxx

thats my opinion
acron170
i ws wondering. does anyone like ssx tricky? i was thinking of getting that since i love 3 for gamecube and i heard ssx had a nice first level.
Quake
I would recomend Devil May Cry series, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy Series, and God of War.
xorcist
Get grand theft auto San andres of course, also get Timesplitters that's a good game and its like 007 but its better in its own ways, and you can play the multiplayer online so that's fun. Get Gauntlet Legends that's good try not to get the new one because its to short but Dark Legacy is good and long game that will get you addicted. Anyway that's just some games.
Devil
GTA SA is good , Timesplitters is timepass but short game ,

The best racing game will be Midnightclub 3 its better then NFS ug

Serious sam is a good shooting game ,
foggy
Discussion moved to "Gaming" from "Computer Support"
-Foggy
WaCk0
I would go for the Tony hawk but its just because i own at it Razz
i can make like combo's of 7 mill points Razz

still i think its the buyers choice.. u need to know what games interest you
Dread Lord Chaos
Get all 3 grand theft autos and all 3 Prince of Persias (seriously, you won't regret it). Need for Speed Underground or Midnight Club 3 are good street style racing games and Gran TUrismo 4 is good for serious gamers. Tony Hawk 3 is one of the funnest games I've ever played and a lot of people have said the same. NBA Street(the first one) is loads of fun too. Those are my personal staples, although there are tons of other great games out their includes First Person Shooters and RPGs like FInal Fantasy and Onimusha.
Dread Lord Chaos
Oh yes, and I forgot to mention that LOTR The 3rd age is also an EXCELLENT game. I'd say it's on par or even better then certain final fantasy games.
krazyfire
Prince of Persia the two thrones is a great game Smile
jaminx
Guitar Hero is my new addiction... Although it looks like a strange "Dance Dance Revolution" knock-off it's just so much more than that!

The controller is a plastic molder guitar complete with whammy bar, and it's just fantastic. The colored buttons seem as though they would be easy to use for large or small hands (although my hands are pretty average sized so I can't speak authoritatively either way).

Great game, and totally worth the extra investment for the controller... ROCK ON!!! Cool
dan751
If you are into racing, I suggest Gran Turismo 4 and Need for Speed: "Underground2" or "Most Wanted". I got them, they're awesome and the graphics on GT4 are amazing. Very Happy
jarcelao
Action: God of War
Racing: Burnout: Revenge
Survival Horror: Resident Evil 4
Adventure: Fahrenheit

Those games are definitely on the top of my PS2's best games of 2005.

Hope that helps. Cool
Billwaa
**If you live in China or HK, just hang around at the city mall and you will find some for 1 or 2 dollars.

Well here are some:

GT4
Time Crisis 3
Battlefield 2 Modern Combat
DDR - if you like to burn some fat
Call of Duty 2
engel
god of war the best game of year Cool
Scaramanga
mtoni wrote:
really the only reason for me to buy an sp2 is because of the Final Fantasy serie...

Man, what?? Colloquially, FF: X-2 is known an Final Fantasy: Dress Up. Also, I loathed FF-X. When I play a console RPG, I'd actually LIKE to PLAY it, instead of having to sit through a crapton of cutscenes. If I wanted to watch a computer animated MOVIE, I'd rewatch Advent Children or something. In fact, this is an alarming trend with rpgs lately, that I've noticed (don't get me started on Xenosaga.) A good recent RPG would be Star Ocean: 'Til the End of Time, IMO.

Also, I think picking up Katamari Damacy is a given.
Hanpusu-kun
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater anyone?
Buy it, and play it.
jeffleo
Notice the "Net-Play" part lol. I think he wants some games that can be accessed via internet. Hmm... You might wanna try Tony Hawk Underground, or Need For Speed Most Wanted, V3 Basketball Freestyle ( or something like that ). This games are only suggestions, there are tonnes of games worth looking out for.
Monkeydog
Scaramanga wrote:
mtoni wrote:

Man, what?? Colloquially, FF: X-2 is known an Final Fantasy: Dress Up. Also, I loathed FF-X. When I play a console RPG, I'd actually LIKE to PLAY it, instead of having to sit through a crapton of cutscenes. If I wanted to watch a computer animated MOVIE, I'd rewatch Advent Children or something. In fact, this is an alarming trend with rpgs lately, that I've noticed (don't get me started on Xenosaga.) A good recent RPG would be Star Ocean: 'Til the End of Time, IMO.

Also, I think picking up Katamari Damacy is a given.

I quite agree with you. I hate the FF series now, though. Nothing but bland mediocore gameplay(but it's always been that). I cant stand playing SO or FFX. =/
Although, I have to say, I really enjoyed Xenosaga ep.1 Mad

Uhhhh GTA: SA is a good PS2 game. For an RPG...Wild Arms: Alter Code F rocks, although it is a remake. x_x
imagination.figs
Personally, I've really enjoyed Radiata Stories. It's a RPG and the graphics are nice.
Jamatu
Resident Evil 4 is a damn good game and you should try it. Although the graphics had to be downgraded from the GC --> PS2 Port they are still some of the best graphics on the PS2.

@ jarcelao RE4 is 'Survival Action' - Check the opening movie Wink
Kyle
if its out on it get nfl madden 2006, or nhl 2006, the socom series are other really great games, also the grand theft auto series (san andreas and vice city) are the best ones. i have call of duty 2 for the pc, but im sure its good for the ps2 as well, and dont forget about max payne..great game

ps. dont lean it sideways on it stand, it might catch on fire
Qman
March Madness 2006
College Hoops 2K6
Madden 2006

Basically, any EA Sports games.
roveneco
you have to play "grand touresmo 4". its realy perfect game. "nba06" for basketball and "winning eleven 9" for soccer. "fight night" is the best boxing game ever and everyone knows that "tekken" (tekken4, tekkenTag, etc) is realy good fighting game
Tsubakii
Socom 3 is definately a good game to buy if you have a ps2. It is free online, and that is where it really shines. The single player is good too, but Socom 3 online is easily one of the best multiplayer modes for ps2. Great if you have friends who have a ps2 too. You can get them to buy in and make a guild together. It is also much better if you have a headset. Ps2 headsets cost around $30 and the good thing about them is they are compatible with most pc's with a usb port. Anyways, if you are unsure renting it first might be your best bet. But I loved it.
Warom
i could give you 1000 reasons to get need for speed most wanted, but i wont.

instead ill giv u a couple.

1) get this game because of the police chases
2) get this game because of the graphics
3) get this game because of the blacklist races
4) get this game because of all the cars you can get
5) get this game because of the brilliant stroyline
6) get this game because of the music
7) get this game because they have finally make the Nitrous actually Work
Cool get this game because of all the different ways you can custumisve your car
Josso
I suggest the GTA series to get you started.
Marston
If you're looking for a good shooter, look at getting Starwars Battlefront 2 or KillZone
kany
Well i like the tekken series but tekken tag is by far the best of them. and its a ps2 version so i would like you to try it out.
alkady
I know I'm a bit late and that this must have been said a million times, But PS3 is coming out so your pratically wasting money for something that will become obsolete in a few months, a year to be more precise. But anyhow the games you want seem good, Anyhow for multiplayer games, Well go for the good ones like battlefront 2, battlefield which is an personnal favourite and dont forget KillZone. Plus if your an RPG kind of person go for Final fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, The next final fantasy is coming out htis year so might as well try and save your money and the next kingdom hearts is coming out this year also unless you want to import the japanese version.
Monkeydog
alkady wrote:
I know I'm a bit late and that this must have been said a million times, But PS3 is coming out so your pratically wasting money for something that will become obsolete in a few months, a year to be more precise. But anyhow the games you want seem good, Anyhow for multiplayer games, Well go for the good ones like battlefront 2, battlefield which is an personnal favourite and dont forget KillZone. Plus if your an RPG kind of person go for Final fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, The next final fantasy is coming out htis year so might as well try and save your money and the next kingdom hearts is coming out this year also unless you want to import the japanese version.

Not really. The games don't change, in fact they can get worse. Games are games, hardware is hardware. If one is better, it doesn't mean the other is better too. Plus the PS3 won't support the abillity to use PS2/PSX memory cards...so there is no saving. Plus the console could be up to, or above, a thousand bucks. 'specially since they ARE useing Blu-ray(this also may mean the one play thing)
I'm hearing bad things about FFXII...but FFX wasn't that great, anywho. The first KH got booooooooooring. Number 2 could be better...but I have my doubts.
benwhite
FFX, Kingdom Hearts, and Suikoden III were three really solid RPGs.

For action, you absolutely must play God of War, far and away one of the best games I've played in the past few generations.

Also, GTAIII, Vice City, and San Andreas are three really top notch games that mix violence with exploration in a mission based sprawling free form game. All three were a joy.
Tsubakii
The grand theft auto series is decent, it's fun at first but once you unlock everything you really have played the game so much that it's too boring to actually enjoy using all the cool things you have unlocked. But all around good games. Worth a shot to get if you like that style of game.
Tsubakii
Monkeydog wrote:
but FFX wasn't that great, anywho.

Final Fantasy 10 wasn't that great? Are you serious? Final Fantasy 10 is one of the best games I have ever played. Oh yeah, but I forgot you actually have to be good at Role Playing Games for Final Fantasy X to be good. If you just fight the minimum ammount of battles, don't unlock any secrets, and just all around suck at the game then yes, it's 'not that great'. But really, if you aren't like this guy and actually have an idea what makes a good RPG, get final fantasy 10, it's a great game.
Natrualkiller
save your money for ps3 Smile