FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Marble Blast Gold text problem

acron170
I have the Oberon version of marble blast gold from garage games. When i play it in OpenGL mode its super slow but everything else is fine. when i run it in Direct3D mode its fast but the text appears in blocks and its pysically impossible to read! Does anyone know a way to make the OpenGL faster or make the Direct3D have normal text???
orno
get a better graphics card Razz

but seriously, im a graphics noob...maybe this belongs in the gaming forum... Rolling Eyes
Animal
I'm not 100% sure on this, but if it's a DirectX compatible graphics card you could try updating your DirectX to the latest version - Windows Update should do it for you.

You could also try simply turning down the graphics detail - it may be that either your graphics card or processor can't cope with all the data it has to pass. Leave it in OpenGL mode, but try turning down the resolution, turn off character shadows (if possible) and drop down the detail level. It's not ideal, but if you experiment with it and get it right, it could save you from buying a new graphics card.

Hope this helps - good luck!