You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

To be honest or not to be...

Honesty: the quality of being honest, is a value which can be defined in multiple ways. In the context of human communication, people are generally said to be honest when they tell the truth to the best of their knowledge and do not hide what they know or think. Apart from being truthful, honesty is also generally thought to involve abstaining from unfair behaviour, such as stealing or cheating on a test. (from wikipedia)

Take the honesty test here, me I scored 50 on 100.

Why am I writing about it? Well today when I went out to buy some food something great happened... well great anyway in my perspective. My grocery bill was $42 and I wanted to paid with my bank card. The cashier punched $500 cash by mistake instead of $50. She was so stressed about her mistake that she told me to hold and not pass my card in the machine, then called her boss to correct the mistake. She gave me my change, $8, and said bye bye have a nice day!

Yep! She totally forgot about passing my card in the machine so I ended up with a free grocery and $8 in my pocket! I almost told her, I showed my card, but in her stress she didn't noticed it, she was already taking care of the next customer with a weird expression on her face, so I went back home with a smile!

Now how many of you would have told her of her mistake and paid the bill? I consider myself an honest person, I don't lie unless it would hurt someone or breach etiquette but when cash is involved... I am poor so every mistake a cashier make is a source of joy to me! Now was it wrong? How about the poor cashier, should I feel bad about it?
lol ... i scored 45 outta 100 :S.

Well tbh, if it was a big store like tesco's or something... they earn so much money anyways, they aint gonna miss out on $8.

Nar, i wouldnt of pointed it out... it's her own mistake.

There was a bunch o chavs on the bus that i was on and they were really doin muh head in... cause im like 16, pritty normal i guess, cept i got long hair... n chavs immediately ashume..Goth. and even tho they were pissen me off, i still pointed out when one o them dropped thier phone sim card.
Hehe it's more $50 then $8 but I would do the same if it was less or more. I would have pointed to the card also though... even if I am goth, yes yes the old classic long black skirt, black and red makeup thing. the only difefrence is that no one would have bothered me where I live. You can look pretty much like you want in Montreal (Canada) and nobody cares, they all saw weirder people then you Laughing

What I know in what happened to me is that the cashier will probably have to pay her mistake from her own pocket... but my husband just came home and I told him about what happened and she said poor girl but laugh and was happy aboput the saved money...
ohh yer... forgot about the shopping lol :p.

Ahh well, everyone makes mistakes ey ... more money to spend on christmas pressies lol
hope u have a merry christmas Smile