FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Family Guy

tribe
This is the funniest show on TV.. FOX was smart for bringing it back.. Peter-The Dog-All of them are so damn funny.

FCC Suit 1: Gentlemen, we got 20 calls about the David Hyde-Pierce incident. And as you know, one call equals a billion people, which means 20 billion people were offended by this. Needless to say, something must be done.
FCC Suit 2: Perhaps we should ask the chairman.
FCC Suit 1: Good idea. (to the chairman) Uh, sir, we're wondering what course of action you recommend regarding the Hyde-Pierce incident.
Cobra Commander (the chairman): You've got to censor television, you fools! Now, follow my orders!
Quote Rating: 6.3 outta 10 - Vote Now!

This show is in its 4th season... If you haven't seen it go see some clips: familyguy.com
xorcist
Ya true that is one of the most funniest episodes. That's not the funniest skits on Family guy there are many more skits on Family Guy.
DokiKitty
LOL family guy is a great show!!! love it!! funny and sexy at the same time....I think my favorite is the one where Chris becomes this famous painter and his 'girlfriend' is that skinny women...that blows in the window; "Woop slipped through the window"
Nirotu
This is a great show... probably the funniest next to South Park.
GTA
tribe wrote:
This is the funniest show on TV.. FOX was smart for bringing it back.. Peter-The Dog-All of them are so damn funny.

FCC Suit 1: Gentlemen, we got 20 calls about the David Hyde-Pierce incident. And as you know, one call equals a billion people, which means 20 billion people were offended by this. Needless to say, something must be done.
FCC Suit 2: Perhaps we should ask the chairman.
FCC Suit 1: Good idea. (to the chairman) Uh, sir, we're wondering what course of action you recommend regarding the Hyde-Pierce incident.
Cobra Commander (the chairman): You've got to censor television, you fools! Now, follow my orders!
Quote Rating: 6.3 outta 10 - Vote Now!

This show is in its 4th season... If you haven't seen it go see some clips: familyguy.com

I 've heared about this show but I haven't seen it
never I 'd like to watch it once
foggy
Yes, it is a great show. I enjoy it the most out of all the other animated comedies (Simpsons & south park, namely)

Has anyone else seen the straight-to-DVD movie "Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story"? It's a good buy.
Thug
Yea this show owns over South Park easely imo, but The Simpsons still rule it tho Rolling Eyes
jeremoi
Family Guy is much better than the Simpsons, the jokes and the bits just drag on, but with Family Guy I am constantly laughing.
Twikki
I just got all of family guy on dvd (well season 1 2 and 3)
bruiser
the simpons have downhill since season 13 or 14.. family guy is still great, but i think some of the earlier episodes are funnier than the later ones.. south park is still good right now but theres not much more they can do.. they have pretty much gone everywhere with that show
colilon
It seems today that all you see,
is violence on movies, and sex on TV.

But where are those good old fashioned values,
on which we used to rely........

My fav ep, is the one with thw toads...
awsom one.

And the movie is wonderful!

The funniest part is when he goes to his adultness years, and
he finds out hes a woosy...
zebrabongo
If you like Family Guy you must watch the other Seth MacFarlane show American Dad.

It's the story of Stan Smith, who works for the CIA and is constantly on the alert for terrorist activity, which brings a certain degree of paranoia.

He lives with his wife, a hippie daughter that disapproves of his job, a geekish son that disappoints him and an alien that saved his life. Oh and a strange goldfish with a German accent.

I just love the role model he tries to be, giving his son advice like:

Emotions is something women have, it comes from their ovaries. Embarassed

All in all a great show.
kam311
Better than the simpsons...thought i'd never say that, but it's awesome...every episode has me laughing so hard i'm in tears...incredible show.
pdwatermelon
I think that the funniest episodes were when the show started. After that they started to go downhill like every animation. Simpsons cough cough. I think they have also gotten more crude. But there is still hope.
bigdan
Great show! Very Happy I've been watching it on our Seven Network/Prime TV over the summer....good move! Very Happy
handeyman
I also just finished watching the movie, which was just three episodes put together, still funny though. I dont if you guys heard but theres going to be a futurama movie in 2007, I cant wait untill that comes out.
aardvark
I too think both Family Guy and American Dad are great and, after a Christmas break, they are back on BBC 2 starting 15 Jan.
aardvark
I too think both Family Guy and American Dad are great and, after a Christmas break, they are back on BBC 2 starting 15 Jan.
thedon12991
yah i think the movie is pretty awesome, i saw it yesterday and i was laughing the whole time. I think theres only one better episode and thats when peter goes to the pawtucket pat beer place
onyx
ye Family Guy is one of the best Shows. If you like it then you would also like American Dad and maybe Robot chicked. Both are made by Seth Green same as family Guy.

And if you didn't already go see the "movie" Smile
BurgerPimp07
Yeah, family guy is the best and only cartoon show I watch. I got season one and two on dvd for christmas Smile. I'm surprised they pass the show on kid channels, haha.
alkady
I like the part where they censored Peter all the time and thought his chin was a testi. That part made me laugh endlessly.
Shrapnel
I do love family guy, it is the best animated show now. It distroys simpsons now, there is just so much new comedy. My favorite eposide was the one about death, the gun with the logo really cracked me up
Frag
an the stewie film thing is awesome
Rachael
family guy is the BEST most hilarious animated show i have ever seen. Laughing Wink Very Happy
Hippie
Family guy rocks, but I think Fox is screwing it up. Adult swim brought it back and should get all the credit. Fox needs to choose a time to show family guy, and ALWAYS show it at that time. This is opposed to what it has been doing, showing some other show in its place. I think its kick ass the show is back, but it should just continue on adult swim instead of fox.
bjwok
there has to be at least 4 threads aout family guy doing the rounds, why don't you search for a topic before starting it?

(and i am aware that by adding to this thread i am bumping it to the top so you need'nt point that out)

and, yes, family guy is a top show.... gigity gigity
deeblue
Family Guy is very funny. But i dont know of Simpsons is even better . Sometimes they are. The new episodes of simpsons are bad but the new episodes od Family Guy are much better ! HAHAHAHA ... when peter and his friends were the A-Team ! lol
ChrisCh
family is the best show ive ever seen! it is really really funny... my favourite characters are quagmire (giddedy giggedy giddadee) and that old man who hits on chris when he is doing the paper rounds... its a great show! if u havnt seen it u hav 2 watch it sometime!
westsida
is family guy still on normal tv?
westsida
is family guy still on normal tv?
westsida
and if it is what channel and what time???
westsida
i watched southport the last two weeks that it was on and oh my god its so much funnier nowdays then it was before.. you's agree??
drunkfun
In Oz, it's pretty tough to get it on TV, but downloading it off the net, Greatest Cartoon Comedy of all time as far as im concerned.

ANyshow that gets political incorrectness and takes it to the next level is ok by me
chargoyle
Anyone remember the creepy popsicle guy? The one time that Chris got a job as a paperboy and the old guy kept inviting him in cuz he had a "whole freezer full of popsicles down in the cellar." Also, when there was the nudist family, the boy ran by and the old dude said "must be my birthday or something." Anyone think that that was insanely wrong and extremely funny all at once?
bjwok
i remember those two parts, don't know about them being funny so much as being pretty blatantly offensive. and don't get me wrong, the show is a refreshingly uncensored laugh, but some issues surely demand a little more, let's say "tactful" approach?

there's nothing funny about paedophilia champ.
chargoyle
Hey, man, sorry to offend. When I was referencing it, it was more in the line of being on the edge but not paedophilia. In my opinion it was just some creepy old guy added for laughs but not some gross sexual reference. I'll be more careful of it in the future.
drunkfun
Quote:
there's nothing funny about paedophilia champ

Hahahaha, that's such a funny thing to say, obviously the paedophilia thing is not funny, but finishing that sentence off with champ made it all the funny, especially considering it was a bloody New South Welshman who said it

GO VICTORIA
bjwok
chargoyle,

that's cool man, i wasn't having a go at you at all, just pointing out that possibly sometimes family guy goes slightly over the line. (that may be the reason it got pushed back to a 11:30pm timeslot here in australia?)

hey drunkfun.

cheers cobber! good to see a fellow aussie here (and one that can see the lighter side on things!) Smile
Amadeus
bjwok wrote:
chargoyle,

that's cool man, i wasn't having a go at you at all, just pointing out that possibly sometimes family guy goes slightly over the line. (that may be the reason it got pushed back to a 11:30pm timeslot here in australia?)

I'm not being provocative or anything, but I don't agree that Family Guy, "...sometimes...goes slightly over the line."

I agree with Chargoyle that the humour comes from the inference not outright blatant condoning/promotion of paedophilia. On a more general level, how many times can you say that Family Guy has actually 'crossed the line'? I can't think of any.

This is a sticky area, 'though - how can we be critical of an element of the show in terms of proprietry when we laugh at another element? Whilst one may be an allusion to paedophilia (if it is) another might be a joke about death, or old people or farting or any of the many random things that the series is so popular because of. There have been many shock moments - but isn't that what causes the humour in the first place?

Lastly, it's human nature to laugh at the misfortune of others. That's where slapstick comes from, for instance. & if it wasn't for slapstick Family Guy wouldn't be half as funny as it is. Let's not forget bjwok - it is an adult animated comedy. Therefore - it's not real (so no harm is done), and it's not for kids - so don't get upset when mirth is made of grown-up topics!
Meatwod
Ya, way funnier then south park. I get to hang out with my cousin who used to write for them, he is hilarious. GO FAMILY GUY! I thinks it is a tossup between brian and stewie who is the funniest!
muzikashqip
WAT U TALKIN BOUT FAMILY GUY IS A REALLY FUNNY SHOW I SWAER MAN . EVEN THO ITS ALOT LIKE THE SIMPSONS ITS STILL FUNNNY. IT DONT GO OVER THE LINE ITS RATED TV 14 NAD I THINK ITS APPORRIATE 4 14 YR OLDS 2 WATCH IT. ITS A REAL FUNNY SHOW IT HAS SOME REAL LIFE PROBLEMS.