FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

does a movie based on a video game have a prayer?

greenman
I cant think of a single game based movie that has both appeal to the gamer, and to the non gamer. Maybe its impossible. I mean, usually the director has to either stick to the game(doom), or make a movie that has little to do with the original(mario). what do you guys think?
djcaution
Resident Evil is probably the only one...ever...to not have sucked complete balls
Kelcey
Haha, Mortal Kombat wasn't TOOOOOOO bad... Street Fighter the Movie was the pits though. DOA the movie looks like crap too. So yeah, they have no chance Smile
s43ros
Final Fantasy Advent Children

Amazing movie. Its done using Maya to model everything. Some of the seems are impossible to tell that they were made in a computer.
Jayfarer
s43ros wrote:

Amazing movie. Its done using Maya to model everything. Some of the seems are impossible to tell that they were made in a computer.

Good graphics, nice action, but good movie? That's still iffy.

The upcoming Halo movie looks like it will break the trend of bad movies. The people behind it seem to be quality.
Dustinin
game movies alwase make money though, it really doesnt matter how crappy they are.

I betcha if i went to hollywood and made a WOW movie that was so horrible ebert and roper would give it 2 thumbs down even after i bribe them. It would still bring in 500 million, because people are so addicted to the game that they will flock to the movie. (like the new star wars movies)
Boles Roor
s43ros wrote:

I agree. That movie was quality.
rip8fan1
I believe the LARA CROFT: TOMB RAIDER movies weren't too bad, and that was a PC game to begin with.

There is always hope, but I do believe that more BAD movies will be made from games, than GOOD movies.
Monkeydog
FFVI:AC was a fanboy movie. It was okay, but not OMFG!!! unless of course you're a fan boy.

Air.
It
Rocks
Your
Socks.

Air is a great anime/movie. It's based off a dating sim, and I love it to death.
Jeff_vella_leone
well tomb raiders weren't bad, i liked them

the first final fantasy movie was great in my openion

i agree with the guys that said that it doesnt really matter if its a crapy movie or good, the makers allways get some good profits from it.
There r so much game fans that they sury won't miss to c the movie of one of their favorite games.
i surly won't miss a movie of max payne if they make one
a.han
pirates of the caribean was pretty good and that was based on a theme park ride. maybe there is still hope.
votd
Of course I would say Resident Evil was pretty cool (the best from game movies) and FFVII:AC (which is even better from RE). Tomb Raider was not worst but also not very good. That's the end of list Crying or Very sad

WTF I never seen that much of a crap as Street Fighter the Movie (live actors you know)
roryoc
it all depends on wether the game has a good storyline in the first place. If it has no storyline what does the director have to worl with??? thats why i think Lara Croft and Resident Evil are ok whereas others like MOrtal Combat and others turn out to be trash and completely crap.
Jeff_vella_leone
roryoc wrote:
it all depends on wether the game has a good storyline in the first place. If it has no storyline what does the director have to worl with??? thats why i think Lara Croft and Resident Evil are ok whereas others like MOrtal Combat and others turn out to be trash and completely crap.

well i agree with u that the storyline helps a lot but sometimes it tends to reveal the story and that isn't welcomed with some movie lovers.
The thing i don't agree is that mortal combat, i mean the first movie was a very good one, not a crap for sure, a movie to say a must have, don't really know if it was a game before, mortal combat is a well old movie now. Still a cool movie!