FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

i have question

i have norton anti virus +sucurity norton
and to my friend have a kaspersky antivirus

and he told me when kaspersky batter beacuse
it detected many torjan then norton..

so what batter?
plzz help me !
n0obie4life
it really depends..

Norton is a system resource hogger Very Happy.
Alienz
Yeah agree, Norton use up alot of resources. I give up using Norton and changed it to NOD32.
wraith
i use norton antivirus, and think its very good. I also read a bunch of review in pc mag and other magazines and it gave norton the top. However, ive never tried your friends program. If i wer you id just stick with norton, but also download zonealarms free firewall.
Maka
Try avast: http://www.avast.com/
drpiga
Using a Norton or NOD or Kaspersky or anything else is your choice...They are all more or less similar capacity for everyday work..
Does meaning anything to you how much viruses can catch on some stress test,95% or 96,2% or 97,2% etc...That's pointless for overall consumer and usefull for servers,large systems,etc...
Norton use a large amount of memory?YES IT DOES
Kaspersky can find out more trojans?YES IT DOES
But why using a Kaspersky for catching trojans.It is not tool specific for that job...Use some more specific tool(Trojan Remover,Trojan Defense Suite,Ewido,etc)in combination with usefull antispyware programs and you will never get the problems ...
n0obie4life
Maka wrote:

hehe

*The virus database has been updated* <-- tis sound rawks for anyone that uses avast! .

Yeh..d/l and crack Zonealarm Security Suite yourself Wink. I don't recommend using their anti-virus. Although its good for just DETECTING viruses..its not good for removal.
rpp
norton is an excellent program it has detected torjans for me before.

its also nice and easy to update with no hassle. but i noticed it does slow my machine down a bit but then again i rather keep the computer safe.

Wink
Maka
n0obie4life wrote:
Maka wrote:

hehe

*The virus database has been updated* <-- tis sound rawks for anyone that uses avast! .

Yeh..d/l and crack Zonealarm Security Suite yourself Wink. I don't recommend using their anti-virus. Although its good for just DETECTING viruses..its not good for removal.

Lol yes that sound does rock Dancing , but not when your in a middle of a game lmao.
n0obie4life
yep Wink.

try using avast! its quite good...
fly737
kaspersky is better
Maka
fly737 wrote:
kaspersky is better

Fact's / details?, you need to back it up before making such a statement.
n0obie4life
[offtopic]

hey maka, don't you ever play cs source?

[/offtopic]
racer
My suggestion is for you to read the features of the antivirus you want to install. The antivirus that has the features that suits you computer or network would be the choice for you to use. Use only 1 anti-virus. I use PCillin.
kvisko
Im using norton antivirus but for the firewall im using my router.
Every time when windows come up norton firewall make so slowly thats windows come up..